[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Do you miss the old Lumbertown quests?

13»

Comments

• Nopi wrote: »
    Actually, what they did in BnS was to remove the upgradeable gear you get at the start of the game, and now the quests just give you blue rarity gear from the dungeons. So the leveling is a tad faster only because you don't need to farm the dungeons to upgrade the old weapon
    FWIW, that's just one of the many leveling simplifications they made over the years. The XP increase for MSQ was another, along with giving away the rare soulshields, etc. In any case, it's really off-topic here except to say that, in composite, the effect is mostly the same -- can level from 1 to cap now basically just doing MSQ, whereas you couldn't really do it before without side-quests or dungeons.

Nopi wrote: »
    As for what's done in Tera, I personally would have addressed the travel issue by adding camp teleport scrolls given to the player when doing the story quest of the place. I would streamline a few quests so there's only a camp per area and lowered the amount of yellow quests so people don't feel overwhelmed. But I would have still allowed people to run through the whole map so the areas do not look like wasted space as they are now. This is how the 60-65 portion works. People feel progress there and are not stuck in a single camp for too long. Yet you get to see the whole of the area while leveling up. At least that's how it was last time I played... Hopefully it's still the same?

Both Stepstone and the level 60-65 areas are definitely appropriately optimized for the pace they want people to level and the flow of quests. Obviously, the rest of the open world wasn't. I do agree it would be nice if they could go back and redo it all, it'd be a fair bit of work. At this point, I think they are mostly just trying to prepare different types of content for people to do in end-game instead (and no matter what, it still isn't enough to stop people from getting bored -- well, besides the problem our region has with rewards as well).
  • if they want to streamline the leveling process, then they need to start everyone off at level 65, remove the open world content, keep velika, highwatch, and the island of dawn, and just teleport to the dungeon or bg that you need to run. then maybe the game would run smoother.
    this is why we need a classic server. people want to skip everything and play end game tera instead of enjoying what the game has to offer.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. Even if I was never really interested in end game, I understand it's as important, or maybe more important, than the leveling, since that's where people will stay at for the reminder of their stay in the game, unless they just toss aside their max level characters and start leveling others. I also don't really foresee a big overhaul of the leveling experience past Stepstone, Crescentia, and the 60-65 portion. I suppose there would be no rush for that since there are other ways to fast leveling, like dungeons and other game types (kumas still give xp, right?).
  • I miss going to Island of Dawn amd help new players...

Also to AFK
  • > @allofspaceandtime said:
    > this is why we need a classic server. people want to skip everything and play end game tera instead of enjoying what the game has to offer.

Couldn't agree more. This game is beautiful, it's a shame that so many questing areas are barren.
  • if they want to streamline the leveling process, then they need to start everyone off at level 65, remove the open world content, keep velika, highwatch, and the island of dawn, and just teleport to the dungeon or bg that you need to run. then maybe the game would run smoother.
    this is why we need a classic server. people want to skip everything and play end game tera instead of enjoying what the game has to offer.

Exactly this, they better do a MOBA of Tera instead a RPG, cause they have more than the half of the game... Useless.