Stuttering

So i'm still relatively new to Tera. I love the game so far. I have been playing the game for about 3 days as of today and the game started with stutters but it wasn't bad. Now that i have gotten to the later game, around level 42 or so, i have had increasing frame stutters.

In some locations my controls have been lagging to the point i can barely put up a fight. I have been told by a friend that used to play that the game has problems.

I have high hopes for the game to knock out the issues. The devs made a gorgeous game, i hope they can optimize the game to stop these frame stutters

Comments

• @Nirume - Have you tried switching channels, if you are in a heavily populated area and your game starts stuttering or slowing down? I am on Xbox, but I am "guessing" you can also switch channels on PS4. We already had a population problem, when we were still on the Melkatran server, but ever since they merged servers the population problem is much worse. If you are in a region with too many players on the same channel, then it can cause serious lag and frame-rate drops. Switching to a channel with a lower number of players on it can really help a lot.

I only know how to switch channels on Xbox. I would imagine the process for PS4 is similar, but with different buttons. Open your character's main menu. While you are in the main menu with all of the menu options along the top menu bar, just look down at the bottom of the screen and you will see a picture of the "Y" button (Y on Xbox, but I think the PS4 would have different buttons), with the channel you are currently on and the population of that channel (e.g. - "Y Ch.1 Low"). While you are still in the main menu, just hit the "Y" button to select a different channel (or whatever button it says, for PS4). This is VERY USEFUL if you are in an area with too many players. If you switch to a channel with lower population, then you won't have as many people around you and performance will probably increase.
  • > @GuardianAngelGG said:
    > @Nirume - Have you tried switching channels, if you are in a heavily populated area and your game starts stuttering or slowing down? I am on Xbox, but I am "guessing" you can also switch channels on PS4. We already had a population problem, when we were still on the Melkatran server, but ever since they merged servers the population problem is much worse. If you are in a region with too many players on the same channel, then it can cause serious lag and frame-rate drops. Switching to a channel with a lower number of players on it can really help a lot.
    >
    > I only know how to switch channels on Xbox. I would imagine the process for PS4 is similar, but with different buttons. Open your character's main menu. While you are in the main menu with all of the menu options along the top menu bar, just look down at the bottom of the screen and you will see a picture of the "Y" button (Y on Xbox, but I think the PS4 would have different buttons), with the channel you are currently on and the population of that channel (e.g. - "Y Ch.1 Low"). While you are still in the main menu, just hit the "Y" button to select a different channel (or whatever button it says, for PS4). This is VERY USEFUL if you are in an area with too many players. If you switch to a channel with lower population, then you won't have as many people around you and performance will probably increase.

I honestly didn't even know this was a thing :o i'll give it a try! Thanks!!
  • Options, then Triangle brings up the channel dialog, with instructions, on the PS4.