More updates to the TERA x PUBG Event! Check the announcements for further details: https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/30912/more-pubg-x-tera-event-updates/p1?new=1
TERA x PUBG is available on all platforms! Learn about our fun crossover event with here: http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-x-pubg

(Edited) The bigger issue with today's stream

Alright enough of the memes (even though this is only the start and i enjoy it), it was an honest mistake and an embarrassing one for sure. it definitely could have been prevented but an oversight is an oversight. nonetheless i want us to address a more dire issue :

The bigger problem i see from this is the disconnect between EME and the community. throughout the entire stream, there must have been hundreds of people watching make real-time comments about the issue, yet for KTC to continue showcasing class awakening part. 1 without any one of EME staff monitoring chat and telling her to correctly showcase the newly added apex skills for class awakening part. 2 should have been the case. there should have been another EME staff there to tell her that in the background the date reveal April 17th (of 2018) instead of October 16th.

Was EME even monitoring the chat ? was EME busy banning people from chatting for hyped up keywords like proxy or caali ?

Mistakes during stream can happen we should all be fully aware of that. the issue wasn't the mistake, the issue was that no one gave a sh** about what the community was commenting throughout the stream and that's really disappointing. it's a shame that our relationship has come to this point.

Edit :
Vulcarion wrote: »
at about 24 minutes into the video, she makes the distinction between apex 1 and 2 (their release dates, content, etc.) perfectly clear...
It seems i did make a false accusation about the stream with misinformation presented here -- i went back to the stream and watched it again (from 18:00) to find out exactly what KTC said and she did indeed start showing what the class awakening part. 1 is for the new players that might not have played TERA before (24:00). this was my mistake and i apologize (i feel like the damage is already done though qq). she also does say that apex part. 2 is going to be another stream at 18:30. thank you @Vulcarion for pointing this out !

Comments

• edited October 2018
    Was the recording even done live, or pre-recorded? If it was pre-recorded, that would explain this issue.

Edit: See below. Showing the old content was intentional.
  • NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    Was the recording even done live, or pre-recorded? If it was pre-recorded, that would explain this issue.

True. Then again, why would EME stream pre-recorded videos? Kind of pointless, one would think. Idk, maybe it's just me.
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    NikuroTega wrote: »

True. Then again, why would EME stream pre-recorded videos? Kind of pointless, one would think. Idk, maybe it's just me.

Because if they prerecord the stream, they can just play the stream and do something else while it's going on, and not think twice about the players in chat or what they have to say.
  • BartholomeusBartholomeus ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    For me it was strange to see showcase of already existing apex classes, but I did just skip though video. Then rewind to around 18 minutes into second video, confusion was cleared, as KTC stats this time they'll be showcasing "old" apex classes and "new" classes will be theme for next stream.
    Maybe an attempt to build hype, in any case, their stream, their rules.

Edit
    Streams also changed from interactive to sort of news post, IIRC also stated in previous stream.
  • edited October 2018
    For me it was strange to see showcase of already existing apex classes, but I did just skip though video. Then rewind to around 18 minutes into second video, confusion was cleared, as KTC stats this time they'll be showcasing "old" apex classes and "new" classes will be theme for next stream.
    Maybe an attempt to build hype, in any case, their stream, their rules.

Yeah, you're right:
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/320436289?t=18m54s

It was also repeated here:
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/320436289?t=23m59s

I think it was just confusing to people that they showed the old classes and they missed the explanation why (and if it was pre-recorded, that might explain why they didn't interrupt the stream to explain again). They said there'd be another stream next week for the new apex classes, and this was just a recap of the existing ones.
  • Did you even watch the stream? They said specifically that they would cover awakening part 2 in a future stream, and wanted to showcase awakening part 1 on Oct. 9th stream for possible newer players who might not have known it existed. It is one thing to criticize EME for recycling what they used in the past instead of actually showing the skills, and the quality of the awakening part 1 skill lookover, but to say that they had no idea that they were showcasing awakening part 1 instead of part 2... I thought it was just a meme but clearly some people would rather just BM EME over nonsense than actually listen to what EME is doing. I really hate to defend EME so vehemently on this but posts like this are just the worst; ignorant babble detracting from real issues when EME already has a very clear, as you say, disconnect between themselves and the Tera PC community.

at about 24 minutes into the video, she makes the distinction between apex 1 and 2 (their release dates, content, etc.) perfectly clear...
  • ItzMiraiItzMirai Portugal ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    > @counterpoint said:
    > Was the recording even done live, or pre-recorded? If it was pre-recorded, that would explain this issue.

Eventhough recorded streams are valid, it helps showcase the fact that EME really doesn't want to have to listen nor interact with the community in any way and it genuinelly makes me sad..
  • Honest feedback:
    -Since it was showcasing old content, I think it would have made more sense for it to be a quick highlight, 30 seconds per class. If the highlight reel had to be repeated multiple times per class, then you aren't summarizing it in a catchier sense. Listing skill and passive names is meaningless without what they do.
    -This is a sample of what I mean off the top of my head. A summary for berserker would be like: "The bread and butter is using Unleash to change to a double wielding axe mode. In this fast paced mode you only have access to 4 new offensive skills that deal a TON OF DAMAGE, like just an insane amount. On top of this, you get a new passive that allows you to move faster while charging skills and possibly spin more often with cyclone!" Quite frankly for this example, I just think it would be better to highlight "Unleash" rather than highlighting unleash with beast fury, rampage, sinister and dexter because at the core of it all, when you tell a player who has been away for a long time what Apex berserker is like, you just tell them you unleash and do a stupid amount of damage. The new passives were also actually entirely gameplay changing / defining, but because they were passives they were nonchalantly just brushed off to the side. imo, apex is not a list of new skills, it is a new playstyle change and showcasing old content should reflect that.
    -I only say this because from my perspective, old players who know this for months find it silly to be explaining these skills as if they were new. New / returning players who have not seen this information before, if I were in their shoes I would just say, "so they just got stronger and flashier skills is all?" Anyways, basically tl;dr is, for a video of this format and is not new, summarize the core gameplay changes that come with apex skills, not a list of apex skill names and what they individually do.
    -I did notice when you gave the highlights for the first apex skills, outdated information was used in the showcase. Unleash is changing from 24 seconds to 16 seconds with the upcoming patch, and divine protection got changed from 10 seconds to 5 seconds a while ago.

All of which you can ignore for the next showcase. On the opposite spectrum of it all, I think players can appreciate some extensively detailed information for the new apex skills next week. I think a showcase followed by a Q & A session for each class with the stream chat would be cool, but that would go against the flow of this new pre-recorded stream format. Not a fan of the pre-recorded stream, though. That makes more sense for Youtube, and you lose the community interaction side of a live stream.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe good to label pre-recorded streams on the corner of the video, as such.
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    Vulcarion wrote: »
    Did you even watch the stream? They said specifically that they would cover awakening part 2 in a future stream, and wanted to showcase awakening part 1 on Oct. 9th stream for possible newer players who might not have known it existed.
    You are the one missing the point.

We know they intended to cover Awakening 1 classes. That's not the issue people are making so wake up and read carefully yourself.

The main problem was that it was absolutely unnecessary to cover information that we already know. People want to hear about Awakening 2 that Europe and even Japan already has released this week. Nobody asked to review Awakening 1 classes again. There's was no reason to cover Awakening 1 details at all. Nobody in chat wanted to review Awakening 1 details again.

They should have just mentioned about the new content briefly, said going over next time, and end it there. Why make it embarrassing to cover what we already know... That's not news at all.
  • Vulcarion wrote: »
    Did you even watch the stream? They said specifically that they would cover awakening part 2 in a future stream, and wanted to showcase awakening part 1 on Oct. 9th stream for possible newer players who might not have known it existed. It is one thing to criticize EME for recycling what they used in the past instead of actually showing the skills, and the quality of the awakening part 1 skill lookover, but to say that they had no idea that they were showcasing awakening part 1 instead of part 2... I thought it was just a meme but clearly some people would rather just BM EME over nonsense than actually listen to what EME is doing. I really hate to defend EME so vehemently on this but posts like this are just the worst; ignorant babble detracting from real issues when EME already has a very clear, as you say, disconnect between themselves and the Tera PC community.
    > mEME!
    > NA sucks!
    > laggy servers
    > proxy rules!
    > nice stream lmao
    > opens thread
    > am I right guys haha? (eme notice me....pls)
    > claim upvotes
    > :sunglasses:
    How to be relevant on the forums.
  • for those saying its pre recorded...well its not...if you watched the stream you would notice that when somebody said in chat that KTC face was turning orange bearshoes reacted about it.

its a non interactive stream so u cant expect them to respond to the viewers in chat.
  • TeraNuibe wrote: »
    for those saying its pre recorded...well its not...if you watched the stream you would notice that when somebody said in chat that KTC face was turning orange bearshoes reacted about it.

its a non interactive stream so u cant expect them to respond to the viewers in chat.

yep even me shoes said it not prerecorded when someone in chat was saying it prerecorded. I didn't expect a thread like this from the OP VERY SHOCKING.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    What i love the most about KTC on the stream is when she unleashes.. get it? unleashes? .. And i am talking about the berserker skill of course B)

Anyway, just give her time and we might have a very interesting and enjoyable CM
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    What i love the most about KTC on the stream is when she unleashes.. get it? unleashes? .. And i am talking about the berserker skill of course B)

Anyway, just give her time and we might have a very interesting and enjoyable CM

It's been 7 months though, how much more time does she need?