[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Nerffffff

Valk rag needs a CD!! Like an actual CD or it should be banned from BGs. It’s literally broken STILLLLLLL

Comments

• ShadowOfLightShadowOfLight ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Valk rag needs a CD!! Like an actual CD or it should be banned from BGs. It’s literally broken STILLLLLLL

theres literally no way a valk can iframe a plague. also valk is susceptible to all forms of cc and retaliate is not affected by the cdr effect of rag. should maybe work on your ccing capabilities or yell at your healers. the only reason you're noticing it now is that proxy had an auto rag plague lock on - one of they very few things i disagree with proxy doing since it was already not supposed to be used in pvp.
    But still, at this point, git gud.
  • also valk is susceptible to all forms of cc

Except for all the iframing they can do. I've seen so many valks dodge into a lightning trap and it not affect them like it would other classes that do this. And no, it wasn't that they resisted the stun. If you jaunt or backstep into a trap, it goes off and affects you. If a valk does it, it goes off and does nothing to them.
  • Maleficent94Maleficent94 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    > @TsukasaKun said:
    > ShadowOfLight wrote: »
    >
    > also valk is susceptible to all forms of cc
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Except for all the iframing they can do. I've seen so many valks dodge into a lightning trap and it not affect them like it would other classes that do this. And no, it wasn't that they resisted the stun. If you jaunt or backstep into a trap, it goes off and affects you. If a valk does it, it goes off and does nothing to them.

Actually to add on to that it’s clear you @ShadowOfLight don’t face Valks in mass or ever played one. Whether you plague rag or not it can literally be built back up INSTANTLY. My issue is it doesn’t have a CD. Every OP skill in the game pretty much has CD except Rag.
  • the only reason you're noticing it now is that proxy had an auto rag plague lock on - one of they very few things i disagree with proxy doing since it was already not supposed to be used in pvp.
    I don't think it has anything to do with that. The OP has topics complaining about Valkyries from even before the proxy was removed.
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    That's one of the reasons why proxy and SP should be disabled and made to never work on any PVP content, it's buggy af and very unfair.
    Btw, i'm all for a built-in official and legit skill predictor that works only for PVE content.

• ShadowOfLightShadowOfLight ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Actually to add on to that it’s clear you @ShadowOfLight don’t face Valks in mass or ever played one. Whether you plague rag or not it can literally be built back up INSTANTLY. My issue is it doesn’t have a CD. Every OP skill in the game pretty much has CD except Rag.

Here is my valkyrie guide since you say I don't play it: https://sites.google.com/view/teravalkyrie/home

Now to teach you and @TsukasaKun a bit about valkyrie.

Iframes:
    Evasion: dodge twice within 4 seconds and have a glyph with a 30% chance to reset it. 4 second cooldown.
    Backstab: blink iframe that can be used to dodge. roots a player if it lands. 30 second cooldown in pvp.

Setting off traps:
    Valkyries can set off archer traps with their evasion yes.
    In a perfect situation valkyries can set off sorcerer traps using both of their evasion iframes. Valkyries used to be able to set sorc traps off with 1 evasion but they patched this. Now it takes a valkyrie with low ping to set off a trap at the end of their first evasion and dodge the trap's effect with the second evasion. This render's a valkyrie incredibly vulnerable.

Instant Ragnarok:
    The only way a valkyrie can get instant Ragnarok by 1 skill is to use bloodflower on 7 targets at once with the ardent glyph and chest roll.
    They can also use Balder's Tears to get Ragnarok out of combat but this takes 15 seconds to build and if interrupted at all, they start draining Ragnarok Points.

Now, maybe you should do your research on how the class actually performs before just screaming nerffff on the forums. I've told you how Valkyrie works so it should be a little easier to bait them. The only other suggestion I have for you and Tsu is to just go ahead and git gud.

Edited for fat fingered mistake.
  • Now it takes a valkyrie with low ping to set off a trap at the end of their first evasion and dodge the trap's effect with the second evasion. This render's a valkyrie incredibly vulnerable.

Or a valk with skill-prediction turned on in PvP (which nobody is supposed to be doing but "everyone else does it" so everyone does...) where they have effectively 0 ping between evasions. My original point was that they shouldn't be able to have that chance. Other classes don't. I jaunt into a trap and it goes off immediately. I backstep into one and it goes off immediately. There is no "if you mash a second iframe fast enough you can get out of it" bit for other classes that I'm aware of.
  • If a valk does it punish them. Time gyre, silence kd. Sorc has sooo much in its arsenal. Are you the kind of sorc that hides in its traps and gets mad when they get pulled out by leash, dark herald etc? Do you whine when lancer zerk brawler and warrior set traps off with block? Valks are easy to punish if they do dumb [filtered]. The double evasion proc is a dumb gimmick of the class since they dont have tenacity. Just punish it and stop with the "nerf pls" mindset.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    TsukasaKun wrote: »
    Now it takes a valkyrie with low ping to set off a trap at the end of their first evasion and dodge the trap's effect with the second evasion. This render's a valkyrie incredibly vulnerable.

Or a valk with skill-prediction turned on in PvP (which nobody is supposed to be doing but "everyone else does it" so everyone does...) where they have effectively 0 ping between evasions. My original point was that they shouldn't be able to have that chance. Other classes don't. I jaunt into a trap and it goes off immediately. I backstep into one and it goes off immediately. There is no "if you mash a second iframe fast enough you can get out of it" bit for other classes that I'm aware of.

Valk iframe works like block the last time i checked (which was a long long time ago.. correct me if im wrong), meaning they can set the traps off like a warrior/zerk/lancer can with their blocks. Sp doesn't emulate 0 ping on iframes, iframes still happen at native ping and because of that desyncs happen in pvp because sp tries to emulate low ping but it fails. Desyncing into a trap would look different though i.e. teleporting around not just activating it.
  • TsukasaKunTsukasaKun ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    If a valk does it punish them. Time gyre, silence kd. Sorc has sooo much in its arsenal. Are you the kind of sorc that hides in its traps and gets mad when they get pulled out by leash, dark herald etc? Do you whine when lancer zerk brawler and warrior set traps off with block? Valks are easy to punish if they do dumb [filtered]. The double evasion proc is a dumb gimmick of the class since they dont have tenacity. Just punish it and stop with the "nerf pls" mindset.

Nah, if I get pulled out of a trap it's a "welp, fair enough" moment. My problem with valks had mostly been how much they can spam staggers.

As for sorc.. gyre has lost a lot of its utility since it only locks you down until you're hit now rather than for its entire duration, and even then only locks iframes+wasd. Other skills with movement (basically entire slayer kit for instance) still move you just fine. It's a less-useful version of mindblast (at least mindblast stops all skills). You also can't stack gyre and silence.. silence immediately removes gyre and visa-versa. I personally have issues getting lock-ons to actually lock-on on sorc (mystic I could quickly swipe over someone and it locks back before the auto-lock change if that's still a thing.. I don't mystic anymore. With sorc I have to let it sit for a bit, which makes a moving target.. interesting. It's weird) so both of them are rather annoying to use.
  • @3Hero yes proxy fault when valkyrie player cast 3 skill under 1 second or no animation lock unaturally. or u can just say that can happen and desync happen all the time whatever >.> do not see many valkyrie now after proxy disappear and that mean game is so much better.

yes valkyrie can cast 3 differnt skill under 1 second using script. 300k 1 second
  • 3Hero wrote: »
    PROXYS FAULT XDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I don't think anyone pro-proxy or anti-proxy will say the game is good. Class imbalance...3 dungeons to spam, boring guardians/iod, cu is trash, 2 bgs...etc..no content...etc...
  • @ShadowOfLight
    Instant Ragnarok:
    The only way a valkyrie can get instant Ragnarok by 1 skill is to use bloodflower on 7 targets at once with the ardent glyph and chest roll.
    They can also use Balder's Tears to get Ragnarok out of combat but this takes 15 seconds to build and if interrupted at all, they start draining Ragnarok Points.

Which brings me to my point that it is still possible to do. Especially in mass pvp.
    My issue is every OP skill in the game has a cd and realistically speaking valks don’t. They also have the strongest skill seeing as it just about affects everything including CD.