[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Moving Forward

13»

Comments

• NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel the outcry about talent collectibles is happening because Tera doesn't have much more to offer currently, and EME thinks they are forced to stretch the content. As I just stated on another thread, Tera's last big content update and expansion was Fate of Arun. Ever since that one, all we are getting are dungeons (with copy paste recolored bosses) and a lot of power creep. EME, to keep true to what I suppose is their view of Western gaming, kept things more difficult...… to get. But the result is that instead, we get something that Western gamers never wanted. Long and painful grinds through easy and old content (like IoD). These are usually things seen in the Asian versions of games (alongside heavy p2w sometimes). From what I have witnessed along the years, Western gamers prefer smaller grinds through more difficult content and beefy power rewards (and ways to visibly show others how powerful they are) at the end. So eme should try to re-adapt to this mentality when adjusting what they can do on their part.
  • @spung You missed my point entirely. I'm not saying that gearing should be easy or without any form of grind, I'm saying it should not be so boring. Move the grind away from the boring mind numbing content and put it in the more challenging and engaging content. I was around for the VM4 release, WAY before all the op events, when people actually had to grind for endgame mats AND when the base mats were included in the endgame grind. THAT is the model I would like to see replicated.

I have hundreds of EE, and enough veils for a fair number of HO attempts, but I lack the motivation to grind boring mindless content for the most basic mats. This leaves me at a wall were I don't even feel motivated to spend much time on Tera. Progression is not fun enough to be worth my time anymore.
  • spungspung ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    TYoung11 wrote: »
    @spung You missed my point entirely. I'm not saying that gearing should be easy or without any form of grind, I'm saying it should not be so boring. Move the grind away from the boring mind numbing content and put it in the more challenging and engaging content. I was around for the VM4 release, WAY before all the op events, when people actually had to grind for endgame mats AND when the base mats were included in the endgame grind. THAT is the model I would like to see replicated.

I have hundreds of EE, and enough veils for a fair number of HO attempts, but I lack the motivation to grind boring mindless content for the most basic mats. This leaves me at a wall were I don't even feel motivated to spend much time on Tera. Progression is not fun enough to be worth my time anymore.

If you see it as mind numbing then that content obviously isn't for you, it is to help new players to gear up fast. Ever asked yourself why high-mid have less rewards ? That is basically the reason. You, among others, chose to grind these despite knowing this simple fact. IOD BAMs isn't the standard for base rewards which many are claiming to be.
  • Then tell me, how else do you get these mats? They don't drop from regular dungeons. You can't use Vanguards to purchase them. There is no reliable way to farm strongbox keys to open talent boxes. Battlegrounds are just as undesirable to run for talents to some. Low tier dg's like RG and KC are just as mind numbing to run and result in even less talents than IoD. Please, enlighten me as to what content I should farm to get the most basic mats for enchanting.
  • plz old UI back