[TERA PC & CONSOLE] One week left in Summerfest, Part 1: Festival of the Sun! Part 2: The Beach Bash kicks off August 11. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Lustrous Federation Crate

123468

Comments

  • They need to reach their monthly revenue quota and the fiasco right at the beginning of October was a red flag to their wallets. Of course they'll pull this crate out of their bums. I am hardly surprised. It's pretty effective, I think. People are buying and opening crates left and right (not sure how much it amounts to, though).
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    They need to reach their monthly revenue quota and the fiasco right at the beginning of October was a red flag to their wallets. Of course they'll pull this crate out of their bums. I am hardly surprised. It's pretty effective, I think. People are buying and opening crates left and right (not sure how much it amounts to, though).

    So EME purposely made talents harder to get this month for the sole purpose of releasing these Lustrous Fed Crate for cash shop only to meet their October deadline?

    .....

    I could believe that. There are a ton of ppl who has no control of spending their money in this game. It's smart, but greedy until they can figure out what to do for November. Oh right, Black Friday.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
    They need to reach their monthly revenue quota and the fiasco right at the beginning of October was a red flag to their wallets. Of course they'll pull this crate out of their bums. I am hardly surprised. It's pretty effective, I think. People are buying and opening crates left and right (not sure how much it amounts to, though).

    So EME purposely made talents harder to get this month for the sole purpose of releasing these Lustrous Fed Crate for cash shop only to meet their October deadline?

    Right? Again, almost looks like war profiteering.
    DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
    I could believe that. There are a ton of ppl who has no control of spending their money in this game. It's smart, but greedy until they can figure out what to do for November. Oh right, Black Friday.

    We saw it before with the new Catwhatever undies, and even before that with gem crates (of all f**king things). At this point, just put in something like Warframe's Prime Access and call it a day, sheesh.

    Also, I have a feeling that Black Friday is also going to be a bust...
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »
    DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
    They need to reach their monthly revenue quota and the fiasco right at the beginning of October was a red flag to their wallets. Of course they'll pull this crate out of their bums. I am hardly surprised. It's pretty effective, I think. People are buying and opening crates left and right (not sure how much it amounts to, though).

    So EME purposely made talents harder to get this month for the sole purpose of releasing these Lustrous Fed Crate for cash shop only to meet their October deadline?

    Right? Again, almost looks like war profiteering.
    DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
    I could believe that. There are a ton of ppl who has no control of spending their money in this game. It's smart, but greedy until they can figure out what to do for November. Oh right, Black Friday.

    We saw it before with the new Catwhatever undies, and even before that with gem crates (of all f**king things). At this point, just put in something like Warframe's Prime Access and call it a day, sheesh.

    Also, I have a feeling that Black Friday is also going to be a bust...

    Yeah, this feels pretty premeditated and calculated. I'm starting to think EME is actually trying to do with Gold Talents, what GF used to do with MWA - that being, make it impossible to get in-game, and the only way to get them is the cash shop. The thing that kills me is there are people who are happily swiping their cards to support this practice.

    I'm also kinda hoping the Black Friday sale is a bust - I was intending on spending a fairly inappropriate amount of money on this game to sort of commemorate coming back after a pretty long hiatus, but given everything that's happened in the last couple weeks... Black Friday sale or not, that money's either staying in my wallet or going to Gameforge considering I need character slots for my account over there I've started playing on.
  • Jerichow wrote: »
    SageWindu wrote: »
    DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
    They need to reach their monthly revenue quota and the fiasco right at the beginning of October was a red flag to their wallets. Of course they'll pull this crate out of their bums. I am hardly surprised. It's pretty effective, I think. People are buying and opening crates left and right (not sure how much it amounts to, though).

    So EME purposely made talents harder to get this month for the sole purpose of releasing these Lustrous Fed Crate for cash shop only to meet their October deadline?

    Right? Again, almost looks like war profiteering.
    DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
    I could believe that. There are a ton of ppl who has no control of spending their money in this game. It's smart, but greedy until they can figure out what to do for November. Oh right, Black Friday.

    We saw it before with the new Catwhatever undies, and even before that with gem crates (of all f**king things). At this point, just put in something like Warframe's Prime Access and call it a day, sheesh.

    Also, I have a feeling that Black Friday is also going to be a bust...

    Yeah, this feels pretty premeditated and calculated. I'm starting to think EME is actually trying to do with Gold Talents, what GF used to do with MWA - that being, make it impossible to get in-game, and the only way to get them is the cash shop. The thing that kills me is there are people who are happily swiping their cards to support this practice.

    I'm also kinda hoping the Black Friday sale is a bust - I was intending on spending a fairly inappropriate amount of money on this game to sort of commemorate coming back after a pretty long hiatus, but given everything that's happened in the last couple weeks... Black Friday sale or not, that money's either staying in my wallet or going to Gameforge considering I need character slots for my account over there I've started playing on.

    the sad thing is, eme could delete everyones characters and make them have to start all over again, and bring out a new class, elin something, or sell something new or have a sale, and people will swipe their credit cards so fast that it would break the sound barrier. all those people that claimed to drop tera na to go to tera eu and said that they were finished with tera na, will be back. I highly doubt more than 5 people actually deleted their characters in tera na.
    im not bashing eme nor am I fan girling them, but I do know that eme has to do what they got to do to keep the doors open and pay the bills. I also know what people have said in the past about boycotting or going on strike after the last time we had the 3rd party software thing going on which was during the 5th anniversary and people talked a good game, even had links to go to where you could join them going on strike, and then eme announced a huge sale for that week, and the strike never happened. when we called the players out on it, they were like we made our point and blah blah blah.
    im not saying people are right or wrong for saying that they are going to do x or y, players need to do what they need to do as well. I just think its funny how fast people will change their minds is all.
  • > @kubitoid said:
    > DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
    >
    > until they can figure out what to do for November. Oh right, Black Friday.
    >
    >
    >
    > xmas sales for december, new year sales for january etc endless sales all year long :s MatrixOfLeaders wrote: »
    >
    > Go play Forsaken World
    >
    >
    >
    > no thanks enjoy that piece of software yourself kind sir SageWindu wrote: »
    >
    > I have a feeling that Black Friday is also going to be a bust...


    I like how you pick and chose parts of other people's replies....

    Anyway,

    I made a killing off selling the lust crates! Over 1 million gold and still counting!
  • > @kubitoid said:
    > DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
    >
    > until they can figure out what to do for November. Oh right, Black Friday.
    >
    >
    >
    > xmas sales for december, new year sales for january etc endless sales all year long :s MatrixOfLeaders wrote: »
    >
    > Go play Forsaken World
    >
    >
    >
    > no thanks enjoy that piece of software yourself kind sir SageWindu wrote: »
    >
    > I have a feeling that Black Friday is also going to be a bust...


    I like how you pick and chose parts of other people's replies....

    Anyway,

    I made a killing off selling the lust crates! Over 1 million gold and still counting!

    just out of curiosity, how much did you spend on lootboxes to get 1 million gold? im not being mean, just curious
  • edited October 2018
    p2w you say? at least you can get the talent from game, and yes you can farm a hell of gold in day to buy what ever you want, you want to know what is "pay to win" , let's say the golden talent are only and can get from cash shop, and there no other ways to get it beside buying from cash shop or buying from people, that is pay to win. and imaging how will expensive the golden talent if only the way can get from cash shop
  • > @allofspaceandtime said:
    > MatrixOfLeaders wrote: »
    >
    > > @kubitoid said:
    > > DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
    > >
    > > until they can figure out what to do for November. Oh right, Black Friday.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > xmas sales for december, new year sales for january etc endless sales all year long :s MatrixOfLeaders wrote: »
    > >
    > > Go play Forsaken World
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > no thanks enjoy that piece of software yourself kind sir SageWindu wrote: »
    > >
    > > I have a feeling that Black Friday is also going to be a bust...
    >
    >
    > I like how you pick and chose parts of other people's replies....
    >
    > Anyway,
    >
    > I made a killing off selling the lust crates! Over 1 million gold and still counting!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > just out of curiosity, how much did you spend on lootboxes to get 1 million gold? im not being mean, just curious

    I bought the lootboxes from the Tera Shop and then sold them on the TB.
  • wow why did this happen. PvP battleground can drop 200 talents per win average (2/8) months ago but why did they change it? It is harder to convince people to play when it no longer give a good amount of talents anymore. If no one knows what I am saying a few months ago they nerfed the pvp boxes from 100-200 per box to a fixed 35. This sucks because pvp grinders help supply the talent drought. Less people pvping each month mean less talent gradually. EME remove good events and nerfed prizes slowly month after month since like March. I know they will buff vanguard reward base gold but that does not fix talent! Why nerf 100-200 talent per box to 35 now EME! You get 8 box per bg win and 5 per loss. But pvp slowly has been nerf again and again in rewards for several month now. Less and less players have been playing because of that.
  • 73K5HJREXP wrote: »
    wow why did this happen. PvP battleground can drop 200 talents per win average (2/8) months ago but why did they change it? It is harder to convince people to play when it no longer give a good amount of talents anymore. If no one knows what I am saying a few months ago they nerfed the pvp boxes from 100-200 per box to a fixed 35. This sucks because pvp grinders help supply the talent drought. Less people pvping each month mean less talent gradually. EME remove good events and nerfed prizes slowly month after month since like March. I know they will buff vanguard reward base gold but that does not fix talent! Why nerf 100-200 talent per box to 35 now EME! You get 8 box per bg win and 5 per loss. But pvp slowly has been nerf again and again in rewards for several month now. Less and less players have been playing because of that.

    I haven't played BG in a very long time but from what I remember it was giving too much to the point it was ridiculous. On top of that there were people hoarding these boxes prior to KTERA changes to take advantage of the situation...
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    and these box's are back again till the end off month
    sales must still be down for cash revenue
  • tisnotme wrote: »
    and these box's are back again till the end off month
    sales must still be down for cash revenue

    Or -- sadly, more likely -- they worked so well they decided to strike while the iron was hot.

    I wish people didn't buy this and so it didn't encourage them, but from what I saw last time... my hope was in vain.
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    tisnotme wrote: »
    and these box's are back again till the end off month
    sales must still be down for cash revenue

    Or -- sadly, more likely -- they worked so well they decided to strike while the iron was hot.

    I wish people didn't buy this and so it didn't encourage them, but from what I saw last time... my hope was in vain.

    Agreed - but this is why companies like EA are willing to challenge entire governments in order to keep these practices going. People just cannot help themselves from that endorphin rush of opening a loot box, and EME wants every penny they can get their hands on as fast as they can get it. You know what they say, "A fool and his money are easily parted."
Sign In or Register to comment.