Is proxy allowed? Yes or no?

We need an answer. Allowing the use of proxy is the only chance of saving some of NA Tera’s population.

Comments

• DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    No it is not. Read the newsposts again.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is not allowed...Yet, they did showed interest on a short term solution, but they did not disclosed which one or what they would do. They are more interested in the long term solution, but that will only draw away more NA players. The short term solution is definitely in their best interest should they want to retain some of the NA population. Allowing the use of Proxy temporary in the NA region until the new modding platform they have in mind is ready, i think is the most logical choice, tho there are other solutions, but you can read the article for that.
  • Surely doesn't stop you from using it since they have no systems in place to detect it.

Won't work after next patch anyways
  • > @ValiantCorvus said:
    > Surely doesn't stop you from using it since they have no systems in place to detect it.
    >
    > Won't work after next patch anyways

The reason I ask is because caali stated that if EME allows proxy use he will resume support for NA.
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    sugarplump wrote: »

The reason I ask is because caali stated that if EME allows proxy use he will resume support for NA.

Only by a legal binding contract. Which will surely, definitely never happen
  • Proxy is not the answer.. if they explicitly allow/support dps meter/moongourd, and/or remove xigncode, a huge portion of players will come back even without proxy. Of course, based on ktc's newspost they think proxy and dps meter are the same thing, so.. i'm not really holding out hope for anything reasonable to come out of eme or bhs anytime soon
  • KitTeaCup wrote: »
    Following yesterday’s statement, we have received a lot of questions regarding the ongoing use of proxy relative to our terms of service.

Our stance is summarized below:

We are not actively seeking out players who use proxy and other third-party mods to improve their gameplay experience. Ultimately, we want you to enjoy playing TERA fairly. Monitoring streams to identify players who are using DPS meters or UI mods to ban them is not a regular part of our day-to-day.

That said, we remain committed to addressing reports of cheating and abuse facilitated by third-party programs. Using third-party mods remains in violation of our Terms Of Service, and we reserve the right to ban any player purely for their use of ANY unofficial mod, particularly if we deem such use to be abusive or result in any kind of unfair play. If you choose to use third-party programs, you do so at the risk of your En Masse account being banned.

We remain dedicated to pursuing long-term and official solutions to the beneficial features provided by popular third-party mods to eliminate this grey area in the future and provide an improved experience for our players (as outlined in yesterday’s message).

(from the DMCA megathread)

Apparently their stance now is back to "we tolerate it, but no cheating!" I swear they switch stances about this more than most people change underwear.
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    So in other words it's back to how it was...

Just don't be an idiot by showing your mods on stream, youtube, or screenshots and you'll be just fine. If someone has any evidence of you doing it, they can report and either suspend/ban you. Just like before.

smh what was the point of all this DMCA takedown after making that claim...
  • ItzMiraiItzMirai Portugal ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    > @DL7MMWLJ3W said:
    > smh what was the point of all this DMCA takedown after making that claim...

This is the result of taking such an extreme action out of nowhere while being unaware and oblivious and completly overlooking the consequences...
    So now that they are noticing the results of what they did is that they are trying to appease the playerbase
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    ItzMirai wrote: »
    > @DL7MMWLJ3W said:
    > smh what was the point of all this DMCA takedown after making that claim...

This is the result of taking such an extreme action out of nowhere while being unaware and oblivious and completly overlooking the consequences...
    So now that they are noticing the results of what they did is that they are trying to appease the playerbase

Good thing player count drop and ppl leaving for EU finally work EME up. But as always, they always do things extremely late...
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    Proxy is not the answer.. if they explicitly allow/support dps meter/moongourd, and/or remove xigncode, a huge portion of players will come back even without proxy. Of course, based on ktc's newspost they think proxy and dps meter are the same thing, so.. i'm not really holding out hope for anything reasonable to come out of eme or bhs anytime soon

Nop, they'll not come back.
    There's a thing called skill predictor that keep high-ping endgame player still playing this game all this time..
  • just what I think what eme did is they focus on Quantity not quality {rip my post will got deleleted)
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    TsukasaKun wrote: »
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    Following yesterday’s statement, we have received a lot of questions regarding the ongoing use of proxy relative to our terms of service.

Our stance is summarized below:

We are not actively seeking out players who use proxy and other third-party mods to improve their gameplay experience. Ultimately, we want you to enjoy playing TERA fairly. Monitoring streams to identify players who are using DPS meters or UI mods to ban them is not a regular part of our day-to-day.

That said, we remain committed to addressing reports of cheating and abuse facilitated by third-party programs. Using third-party mods remains in violation of our Terms Of Service, and we reserve the right to ban any player purely for their use of ANY unofficial mod, particularly if we deem such use to be abusive or result in any kind of unfair play. If you choose to use third-party programs, you do so at the risk of your En Masse account being banned.

We remain dedicated to pursuing long-term and official solutions to the beneficial features provided by popular third-party mods to eliminate this grey area in the future and provide an improved experience for our players (as outlined in yesterday’s message).

(from the DMCA megathread)

Apparently their stance now is back to "we tolerate it, but no cheating!" I swear they switch stances about this more than most people change underwear.

Can someone with less inhibitions tell the CM to pester EME to get better datacenters so people wouldn't rely on outside s**t, for f**k's sake?!

Seriously, why create all this chaos and then not do anything? I'm starting to think that the current EME staff couldn't find their a**es with both hands and a mirror.

P.S.: I'd ping people myself, but I don't know who all the right people are.
  • edited October 2018
    SageWindu wrote: »
    Can someone with less inhibitions tell the CM to pester EME to get better datacenters so people wouldn't rely on outside s**t, for f**k's sake?!

Where they gonna go? Every MMO I play has a contingent of players who have to use a VPN to get stable ping -- it's why WTFast, Mudfish, and the like are so well-known. TERA in particular is extremely ping-sensitive, as we know, and U.S. infrastructure is insufficiently-built. They can move all the servers to some other data center, but I doubt it will solve it. They tried the test data center a while ago (different provider, different location) and it was basically 50/50 on helping vs. hurting. It doesn't help that we have a significant population playing from all over the world (Europe, South America, etc.) that have to deal with crossing the ocean (etc.). So no matter what they do, there will still be a lot of people who will have to rely on "outside s**t" to feel like they have to play the game "as it was meant to be played."

I will definitely pass the message along and ask if they can look at metrics for lag/congestion at the entry to the datacenter, but I can say that in the past when I've done tests related to this issue, usually I was able to show that using a VPN could workaround the lag, which suggests it's routing more than datacenter. That doesn't mean it isn't some of both, though. In the end, they can try to switch it, but I'm not sure there's anything they can go in the U.S. that will really solve it.
  • @sugarplump Use base SP only if you have to. Nothing else in bern script instant lock on. Also you have to disable in pvp or else you can be punished.

Base SP is fine but not everything else. There are so many modules and script range from moderate to borderline hardcore cheating that eme can not keep track of or understand every one. That is why keep it simple. You have 200 ping? Use SP but do not abuse proxy. Same idea was said for dps meter where if you keep it to yourself you are safe. But if u brag to other people face and harass you can be punished,