[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Please can we have the old UI back

Comments

• can you even lock the skillbar now ? this new Ui is trash. the gap in the middle is for show and sacrifices game efficiency
  • Thank you @ItzMirai that worked for me c:
  • why ask for something you know 1000000% will never be reverted?
  • Just logged in post update. Searched and read here. Middle mouse button (e.g., Main 3) binding is gone and there appears to be no way to re-bind it. WTF?

New UI indicates we have KTera talent system. Do we?
  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    Just logged in post update. Searched and read here. Middle mouse button (e.g., Main 3) binding is gone and there appears to be no way to re-bind it. WTF?

Main 3 as a slot is gone, so, yes, that means there is one less slot to put a skill into. On a keyboard, you can assign the mouse button to another slot at your convenience. Please be aware that on a flying mount the Descend key will map to the default slot "7" (Lower 7 on the Shortcuts list).

On a controller things seem to be a bit more complicated.
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/29502/my-main-3-skillbox

Not yet, that is still in the future.
  • edited October 2018
    Ellexem wrote: »
    Just logged in post update. Searched and read here. Middle mouse button (e.g., Main 3) binding is gone and there appears to be no way to re-bind it. WTF?

Main 3 as a slot is gone, so, yes, that means there is one less slot to put a skill into. On a keyboard, you can assign the mouse button to another slot at your convenience. Please be aware that on a flying mount the Descend key will map to the default slot "7" (Lower 7 on the Shortcuts list).

On a controller things seem to be a bit more complicated.
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/29502/my-main-3-skillbox

Not yet, that is still in the future.

Thanks.

How is the inability to map the middle mouse button (without additional third party software) to a skill advantageous to anyone? This seems like a regression to me.

I haven't even tried the flying mounts.

They also wiped out our shortcut bindings to the "1" key (playing on PC here). This is BS, again. I see no intuitive way to bind my middle mouse button back to the skill it was on any of my characters. In fact, we should not be having to rebind anything. I did manage, however, to figure out that showing the left key bindings does indeed reveal a mapping for "Mouse 3", thankfully. This however, should not have been necessary.

New skill bar is crap: they felt it was necessary to add keybindings for awakening 2 to Z, Q, E and R? Again, another big ,mistake. So for the aesthetics purposes they deliberately removed being the middle mouse button mapping. What was the rationale? Alignment with EU or Ktera?

Some poor programmer / game director needs to revisit engineering and user experience. It is BS they removed bindings for 8, 9, 0 and - (replaced by Z, Q, E, R).

As a paying elite member I expect better. Of course, I don't expect better. This is inexcusable for them effectively dropping support for a middle mouse button without having to resort to third party software solutions.
  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    I see no intuitive way to bind my middle mouse button back to the skill it was on any of my characters. In fact, we should not be having to rebind anything.

Options (O by default)
    Shortcuts
    Find the action you wish to remap.
    Click into one of the two lines. (You can set two different keybinds per actions, if you so desire. No keybind can map to more than one action though.)
    Press the new keybind you wish it to have. (You can add modifier keys to things, ie Shift+Mouse 3, Shift+Alt+C, ...)
    Press enter to lock keybind in for that shortcut. (It will tell you if you had it bound to something else. Until you press enter, it will keep changing the keybind to your new inputs. You can cancel by pressing ESC.)
    Press Apply to save all of your changes and have them reflected on your skill trays. (Closing the window without doing so will void any changes made since the last saving of the keybinds.)

I was able to bind Mouse 3 to any action of my choice with this approach, no need for any third-party software.

Not going to argue about how this should be unnecessary, I'm still in the process of getting all of my characters sorted out due to the mess they made. It's not conducive to having fun. I'm really starting to wish that there was a "Copy Keybinds" functionality so I could just fix one as a template and then apply that to all and then just tweak anything needed to be customized for the class in question, instead of needing to fix it completely everywhere.
  • Ellexem wrote: »
    I see no intuitive way to bind my middle mouse button back to the skill it was on any of my characters. In fact, we should not be having to rebind anything.

Options (O by default)
    Shortcuts
    Find the action you wish to remap.
    Click into one of the two lines. (You can set two different keybinds per actions, if you so desire. No keybind can map to more than one action though.)
    Press the new keybind you wish it to have. (You can add modifier keys to things, ie Shift+Mouse 3, Shift+Alt+C, ...)
    Press enter to lock keybind in for that shortcut. (It will tell you if you had it bound to something else. Until you press enter, it will keep changing the keybind to your new inputs. You can cancel by pressing ESC.)
    Press Apply to save all of your changes and have them reflected on your skill trays. (Closing the window without doing so will void any changes made since the last saving of the keybinds.)

I was able to bind Mouse 3 to any action of my choice with this approach, no need for any third-party software.

Not going to argue about how this should be unnecessary, I'm still in the process of getting all of my characters sorted out due to the mess they made. It's not conducive to having fun. I'm really starting to wish that there was a "Copy Keybinds" functionality so I could just fix one as a template and then apply that to all and then just tweak anything needed to be customized for the class in question, instead of needing to fix it completely everywhere.

Much appreciated! I did manage to figure out how to get Mouse 3 bound to the action of my choice via the "Left shortcuts"; would be the same for "Right shortcuts" as well.

I agree on the template idea.

Again, many thanks.

And overall, I do like the new UI.
  • Party / Raid Notice is now moved to the lower part of the screen, make it much less noticeable. Is there any way to customize it and let me move it back to the original center top position? I'm ok with the new UI, just the Notice position is so hard to get used to. It clusters with my combat panels. I find it hard to work around that : (
    JHY5HJTDL4 wrote: »
    Where is the pet menu on new UI?

As far as I have been able to find, It seems you need to click on the actual pet standing at your side now. Which is going to be a royal pain in the backside around any crowds. To say nothing about how it's now more annoying to see when you need to feed them.
    Ourlord wrote: »
    Im missing the left bar too... i need that sht ASP..

Left and Right bar are enabled individually. There is a small + button on the left and right side of the main bar, which will toggle the respective extra bar individually.

The Elite bar, for those who need to, can be toggled on and off with the long P button on the right side of the main bar. If you're having trouble clicking on things on the Elite bar, then the top left quadrant of each icon seems to work best in my experience.

ik there's a d + botton... I clicked that sht and nothing happends, im not a new player btw.

Main 3 was incredibly useful to me. I bound that to one of the buttons on the side of my mouse, near my thumb. I utilized the s*** out of that Main 3. And now it's gone because [ insert excuse here ].
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    Kacky wrote: »

Main 3 was incredibly useful to me. I bound that to one of the buttons on the side of my mouse, near my thumb. I utilized the s*** out of that Main 3. And now it's gone because [ insert excuse here ].

A little confused about the problem here. I am currently using mouse 3, I just bound it to one of the shortcut tray slots using the directions mentioned before.

I also have shift-mouse 3 and control-mouse 3, all in my regular shortcut trays. Something I never thought to use before. The only thing that really changed was where the cooldown is displayed. Is that the problem?
  • Catservant wrote: »
    Kacky wrote: »

A little confused about the problem here. I am currently using mouse 3, I just bound it to one of the shortcut tray slots using the directions mentioned before.

I also have shift-mouse 3 and control-mouse 3, all in my regular shortcut trays. Something I never thought to use before. The only thing that really changed was where the cooldown is displayed. Is that the problem?

You can drag the cooldown icon string to where you want it. Cast a long cooldown and drag away.
  • So, a fairly old Tera player here,

I've been semi on/off lately because nothing much being added to Tera, same world, same content, nothing much interesting etc etc...

But I have to ask...
    KitTeaCup wrote:
    We’ve streamlined the game’s UI to be faster and more intuitive.

In what way?.... It looks objectively worse and more clunky compared to the old UI....
    Nothing of value was added, hell, value was taken away by this change...

I'm not complaining because its "new" I'm complaining because its actually a bad change that never needed to happen in the first place....

To me, this change seems in a desperate attempt to look more like other MMO's yet fails in the UX department because it doesn't really work at all...
    Why is there a big rectangle? what purpose does it server?...

Hell, put it at the top of the screen and it'll look like you're playing street fighter...

I mean, really... Was any of this needed?.... Or is this all in an effort to look more like other mmo's without any regards as to why a certain ui style works for them?...

Hell, its even bigger than the old health and mana bar, and for what?... Honestly I'm wondering who thought this looked good...