2»

Comments

• Seems to have worked for me, Thanks @KiraKiryu c:
  • @Rida you're welcome! ^^

@Nopi look at this o:
    unknown.png
    Capture.PNG
  • KiraKiryu wrote: »
    it worked for me, i can put any skill there and it appears on the controllers main 3

Confirmed for me as well. Thanks!!

Trigger for the first 2 skill trays is defined as the F1 key of the next skill tray. For the third skill tray, trigger is defined as the upper left box of the extra left skill tray. You will have to click the left or right controller button to refresh the controller UI. Did any of that make sense?
  • I had Burst Fire mapped to trigger and noticed this wasn't working properly. It's a skill that before the patch you could press and hold for multiple rapid shots, hence the name, but it stopped working after the latest update. Instead, I had to repeatedly pull the trigger which was pretty awkward and I'm sure would have broken my controller in short order. I just figured out that if you also press the chain skills button that it will fire away like before and you can even release the trigger. I hope this helps someone.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, I'm lost. Whatever you guys are doing isn't working for me. Either the skill only triggers when I'm actively using that tray or it cycles through my upper skills at random.

WTF mate?
  • Not sure if you are experiencing another bug but this how about this as a guide:
    - Start at skill tray 1
    - Click to get to skill tray 2
    - Drag a skill into F1 (i.e. Burst Fire)
    - Click back to skill tray 1
    - Push the left or right controller buttons to refresh the controller UI
    - The controller UI will now show Burst Fire for the right trigger
    - Confirm that right trigger is Burst Fire
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    XHGJW4LMY6 wrote: »
    Not sure if you are experiencing another bug but this how about this as a guide:
    - Start at skill tray 1
    - Click to get to skill tray 2
    - Drag a skill into F1 (i.e. Burst Fire)
    - Click back to skill tray 1
    - Push the left or right controller buttons to refresh the controller UI
    - The controller UI will now show Burst Fire for the right trigger
    - Confirm that right trigger is Burst Fire

I'll have to try that later. I am far too frustrated at the moment, like "try to call up BHS HQ and scream at them" frustrated.

And it's past my bedtime. So there's that. :/
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    KiraKiryu wrote: »
    @Rida you're welcome! ^^

@Nopi look at this o:
    unknown.png
    Capture.PNG
    Can't see these pics..... at all. I'll play with the menus later and see what I come with.

I haven't checked all my characters. Just checked my gunner after the patch. And when I first logged that day, my L trigger skill (where I had main 3 maped to) was already removed from the bind. Since I never used the bumper + d pad binds for anything, I just replaced one of those with my L trigger and so far from what little i have played, I've had no problems. My Burst fire works as intended and all that as well.
  • hmm I hope this one works
    unknown.png
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    KiraKiryu wrote: »
    hmm I hope this one works
    unknown.png

I see. I managed to replicate this but here's a few caveats I've found. I had to strictly and specifically set main 1 to a face button, main 2 to left trigger and main 3 to right trigger, otherwise I get one or more empty binds. Also, when swapping skills in page 2 F1, I also needed to open the controller options and press "apply" for the stuff to get actually updated in the controller UI.

So conclusion, it can be done, but it's a tad awkward to setup.

btw, I'm using a Steam controller with the xbox button mappings.
  • Nopi wrote: »
    I see. I managed to replicate this but here's a few caveats I've found. I had to strictly and specifically set main 1 to a face button, main 2 to left trigger and main 3 to right trigger, otherwise I get one or more empty binds. Also, when swapping skills in page 2 F1, I also needed to open the controller options and press "apply" for the stuff to get actually updated in the controller UI.

So conclusion, it can be done, but it's a tad awkward to setup.

btw, I'm using a Steam controller with the xbox button mappings.

oh, I'm using a PS3/4 controller. I think the steam controller and/or the xbox one work differently
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also having another problem with this setup. While the skill is there, the bind in the controller UI usually shows as empty. SOMETIMES the skill icon shows up again when using the skill, then it's back to showing empty. Though yeah. Tera NA has bigger problems than ghost skills... <.<
  • Yep, I hear you. I find it stupid too. So many usefull skil slots and they just removed the one where I had Teleport Jaunt in my sorc. Ok I can reassign it to some random side bar with any key with it, and since I'm using JoyToKey anyway to have a few extra shortcuts, its easily fixed. I'm out of skill preview in the controller, since Teleport is in the tiny alt slots... And WHY on earth did they randomized the skill shortcuts in the lower bar? instead of going from 1 to 9, they made 1-6 and then C Q Z.... Come on, devs, this is a MMO, not a First Person Shooter....

Please please, make Main 3 Slot available again...
    Thank you!

We controller-based players are still so many :disappointed: