[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] Server maintenance to deploy the v84.03 hotfix is scheduled for 7~11 p.m. PT on Monday, July 13, 2020. This hotfix should improve upon issues with frequent crashes and blue screens. Patch notes: https://bit.ly/v84_03_patch

Post-October 16th Update issues.

Comments

• Yes so, the weapon glow is shifted, to indicate that Stormcry is just a "mid-high tier gear" at best, and yet, still, BHS does nothing to make it less difficult for players to obtain (and nothing for frost gear either, even though it's required to get important apex skills on all classes). With this paradigm in motion, it can only perpetuate new and returning players being left further and further behind. All i can think is, what does BHS have against these players? Is milking the top 10% of players for all they have with ridiculous HO enchantment costs so important to them that they will just forget these new and returning players entirely? I just don't get it these days.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    Rassei wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea why the Gunmetal black weapon on gunner now has a green tint instead of it's usual straight black?
    twistshard weapons have a green glow on them now
  • metagame wrote: »
    Rassei wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea why the Gunmetal black weapon on gunner now has a green tint instead of it's usual straight black?
    twistshard weapons have a green glow on them now

Ah ok, just discovered the hide weapon glow option under video settings, guess that fixes it.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Whisper tab keeps moving around to the 3rd from the left slot when I have it on the far last slot. Does it everytime i login. Also HP bar keeps moving everytime i log in.

Edit: Also typing "/reset" in chat no longer works to reset dungeons.
  • Maybe a problem with Sorc fusion skill Iceberg... or perhaps that's intentional but I'd doubt it.
    About eight of every 10 times I cast it it will steer right from the way both my sorc and the camera are looking until it explodes in the ice pillars. One time it will go forward and the remaining one, this I've noticed happens when I use tp jaunt "too soon" after casting it, it will advance away from the enemy and explode right in front of my screen, which lets me know it's heavily directional. However, to make sure the right steer is not my own mistake, I moved the skill to F6 and made sure several times that my sorc was looking in the same direction as my camera, then casted it in all, dungeons, duels and guardian missions. It kept going to the right more often than not, some times making a slight curve, some times literally going in a straight line from my character that was still looking in the same direction as the camera .-.
    I know, one of the other fusion variations is basically melee by not hitting target if you're 7m away, but Iceberg seems designed to at least have some reach. It's sad that the only way you can be completely sure you'll get a hit is by making it as close as possible to the boss... and by one or two times even that failed, and the skill just went away to the right XDD
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    it's been reported since the initial test server that holding forward while using iceberg has a tendency to cause it to stray to the right
  • Yes, I was coming to edit my post to say that today when I tried casting it without touching the movement keys it actually went forward as intended. I suppose the amount of people getting their apex yesterday gave me some lag I didn't notice :)
    Still, it's kinda annoying that if you accidentally press a movement key a skill won't hit its mark
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    just as a general dps tip for any class (tanks/healers too), moving between skills, even the tiniest bit, is a dps loss/is slower. it's a very minor thing, yes, but even if you aren't aiming to be the best of the best, it's a bad habit that you should make every attempt to not do.

the two exceptions to this are skills that allow movement while charging, such as arcane pulse or radiant arrow, or if it's a critical moment that would cause you to die or something if you stood still
  • LancerJiva wrote: »
    Weapon glows were intentional. However they did not add new materials to the BG shop like they were supposed to do.

Exactly.

Why would you change the "quality" of a weapon "visually" without making it easier to enchant/upgrade?

If Oath is the new Stormcry then Stormcry should be easier to enchant/upgrade...
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I suppose oath is considered extra high tier for now, while SC is still high tier, regardless of the changes in weapon glow. I mean, as far as I remember, this is the first time weapon glow gets drastically changed. Even the baraka zerkers at HW got their glow changed from red to blue. BHS is spreading or splitting the tiers. So there may be more than one "high tier". guardian>TH>FM>SC>HO. That's 5 tiers now. Before, in the simpler days of Schisma and dreadnaught, you could access the highest tier dungeon with a maxed mid tier set. Now you need near maxed SC for that, and 439 which is considered the average mid tier, barely keeps you at that tier, with all of the juicy content requiring much more than that.

So I believe what we have upon us is something that requires us to change how we see tiers, as it's clear we may not be getting a piece per piece equal progression model to what we had before.
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    Weapon glows were intentional. However they did not add new materials to the BG shop like they were supposed to do.

Exactly.

Why would you change the "quality" of a weapon "visually" without making it easier to enchant/upgrade?

If Oath is the new Stormcry then Stormcry should be easier to enchant/upgrade...

Yep, that's what i saw coming 6 months ago when they released that Heroic gear [filtered]...
    Now i'm 100% sure that the old +15 system was WAY better than this new crap, in EVERY way possible.
    This gearing system will, at some point, make essentialy impossible to ppl to catch up wiith veteran players.
    They wanna us to non stop play every single day and put more and more effort gearing each new patch.
    It's very clear that SC is now a mid-tier gear with BIS cost and HO is the actual BIS gear with BIS*2 cost.
    That's a HUGE contrast if we compare with the old +15 system where they asked a constant amount of grinding each patch (VM9 was no harder to get than VM8, VM7, etc...)

Btw, at this point, triple vanguard should be the norm with quad vanguard events.
    But i guess EME is stuck on October/2017 and they think that Storm Cry is the BIS gear (oh wait, back then DOUBLE vanguard was the norm and not this single vanguard w/ 112 talents per toon bs).

• Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    metagame wrote: »
    just as a general dps tip for any class (tanks/healers too), moving between skills, even the tiniest bit, is a dps loss/is slower. it's a very minor thing, yes, but even if you aren't aiming to be the best of the best, it's a bad habit that you should make every attempt to not do.

the two exceptions to this are skills that allow movement while charging, such as arcane pulse or radiant arrow, or if it's a critical moment that would cause you to die or something if you stood still

But Tera is an action-combat MMO...how can you not move? A lot of times the boss moves around frequently, so you have to reposition yourself quite a bit, especially if you're going for rear-damage and the boss is switching aggro/ moving around to execute attacks repeatedly - I'll assume that falls under 'critical moment' as well. I'm wondering then how is it a DPS loss? Or do you mean just moving randomly between combos?

(excuse my ignorance, I normally main healer, but recently started playing a ranged DPS class).
  • YuxibrYuxibr ✭✭✭
    Why the consumables are still running even when youre out of combat? I thought this would be a feature in this patch.
    I can't even acess the options on it to hide them.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Vy1Vivi wrote: »
    metagame wrote: »

But Tera is an action-combat MMO...how can you not move? A lot of times the boss moves around frequently, so you have to reposition yourself quite a bit, especially if you're going for rear-damage and the boss is switching aggro/ moving around to execute attacks repeatedly - I'll assume that falls under 'critical moment' as well. I'm wondering then how is it a DPS loss? Or do you mean just moving randomly between combos?

(excuse my ignorance, I normally main healer, but recently started playing a ranged DPS class).

I think they mean in a general sense. Every second you spend moving for whatever reason (even if it's to, you know, stay alive), that's a second you're not attacking, thus resulting in a loss of damage output.

Huh. Maybe that's why people keep trying to facetank heavy hits in IMS runs. Now it makes sense.

Observation: Ah, they already brought that up. So I think they mean moving between rotations.