[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Post-October 16th Update issues.

13»

Comments

• NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Vy1Vivi wrote: »
    metagame wrote: »
    just as a general dps tip for any class (tanks/healers too), moving between skills, even the tiniest bit, is a dps loss/is slower. it's a very minor thing, yes, but even if you aren't aiming to be the best of the best, it's a bad habit that you should make every attempt to not do.

the two exceptions to this are skills that allow movement while charging, such as arcane pulse or radiant arrow, or if it's a critical moment that would cause you to die or something if you stood still

But Tera is an action-combat MMO...how can you not move? A lot of times the boss moves around frequently, so you have to reposition yourself quite a bit, especially if you're going for rear-damage and the boss is switching aggro/ moving around to execute attacks repeatedly - I'll assume that falls under 'critical moment' as well. I'm wondering then how is it a DPS loss? Or do you mean just moving randomly between combos?

(excuse my ignorance, I normally main healer, but recently started playing a ranged DPS class).

You move as little as you can and only for repositioning and to avoid being killed (mechanics). A tank's job is to keep the boss anchored for as long as possible, so constant aggro switching means something wrong is going on with tanking (or there's a DPS with too high damage compared to the tank's aggro ability) and shouldn't happen. Anyway, when the boss is properly anchored, you unload your rotations without moving.
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    Yuxibr wrote: »
    Why the consumables are still running even when youre out of combat? I thought this would be a feature in this patch.
    I can't even acess the options on it to hide them.
    I heard this never made it to the live KR server and it was abandoned for whatever reason and left to die on the test server.
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    Nopi wrote: »
    just as a general dps tip for any class (tanks/healers too), moving between skills, even the tiniest bit, is a dps loss/is slower. it's a very minor thing, yes, but even if you aren't aiming to be the best of the best, it's a bad habit that you should make every attempt to not do.

the two exceptions to this are skills that allow movement while charging, such as arcane pulse or radiant arrow, or if it's a critical moment that would cause you to die or something if you stood still

But Tera is an action-combat MMO...how can you not move? A lot of times the boss moves around frequently, so you have to reposition yourself quite a bit, especially if you're going for rear-damage and the boss is switching aggro/ moving around to execute attacks repeatedly - I'll assume that falls under 'critical moment' as well. I'm wondering then how is it a DPS loss? Or do you mean just moving randomly between combos?

(excuse my ignorance, I normally main healer, but recently started playing a ranged DPS class).

You move as little as you can and only for repositioning and to avoid being killed (mechanics). A tank's job is to keep the boss anchored for as long as possible, so constant aggro switching means something wrong is going on with tanking (or there's a DPS with too high damage compared to the tank's aggro ability) and shouldn't happen. Anyway, when the boss is properly anchored, you unload your rotations without moving.

Okay thanks for the advice. Its good for when you're doing dungeons, but if you're doing the fighting guardian missions...its a whole different story. Those bosses switch aggro and move around a lot.
  • YuxibrYuxibr ✭✭✭
    Meningitis wrote: »
    Yuxibr wrote: »
    Why the consumables are still running even when youre out of combat? I thought this would be a feature in this patch.
    I can't even acess the options on it to hide them.
    I heard this never made it to the live KR server and it was abandoned for whatever reason and left to die on the test server.

Omg, one of the best features. =/
    ty
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    UI keeps reverting back to the way it was by default when I log in every time. Whisper tab keeps moving and HP bar keeps moving.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nopi wrote: »

Okay thanks for the advice. Its good for when you're doing dungeons, but if you're doing the fighting guardian missions...its a whole different story. Those bosses switch aggro and move around a lot.

I admit guardian (and some open world) quests are a different monster. In most cases, you just drop all you have learned from the game, pop a complete crystalbind, and charge in doing your best to chip in damage until the boss one shots you (in the case of the superior mission, at least). Or you pick your ranged character and troll from afar. :)