[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/15 at 6am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 5 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance
[PS4/XB1] Due to an error, we have extended current events (such as dungeon highlights) by one day. The new end time is now 10/15 at 0500 UTC. Thanks for your patience!

So am i just not allowed to run or learn content?

Venting. Last few days have been upsetting to say the least, my guild of 103 is gone under the guise of taking a break. Lfg wont let me in, no one wants to join my learning lfgs.

I sit there for hours so i get desparate and queue IM to do many of the 439 stuff.

Every time it either ends in disbanding because theres new players mixed with vets and the vets dont have the patience or they start kicking players for not living up to their IM standards.

Like today i joined RK-9 and explicitly told them, like i do all new dungeons , that i am new, have read a guide and to please have patience with me.

Not. One. Party. Did the latter.

Got killed twice on the 1st boss once to missles and once to spin attack

Died 4 or 5 times to 2nd boss push into instant death aoe or various othe bleed out mechanics but so did a couple other players

Last boss i died once right before shield phase i get rezzed as its going off and try to assist in dps and fumbled trying to tap my nostrum while mashing boomerang > lotw combo and we wipe

Get kicked and their reason is because they need the dps on shield phase so no one should die

Broken prison? The tank wanted to disband because "too many ppl are new"

Red refuge? Roughly the same thing

Ruinous manor healers "DC" (read; leave ) before the 1st boss

Basically im not allowed to die so how do i learn how to not die?

LFGs i made take hours to get 1 or 2 ppl

IM takes 10 minutes to an hour to pop and its been nothing but disbands or kicks because being new is a crime now

I cant become competant if they wont let me

A guide only does so much i need actual exp to get better but the community wont let me

All the way from 1 to frost metal +0 i dealt with this to some degree and became competant and make 0 mistakes but now i cant do ANYTHING

Its happened repeatedly over the last 5 days in various different dungeons we quit at the 1st or 2nd boss or in RRs case they leave before the pull

I have played many mmos, raided etc but i have never dealt with such a cannibalistic community,

I kept teling myself itll get better, higher lvl dungeons ppl get more patient, itll be fine, keep pushing along.

Its not fine

It didnt get better; it got worse

Guilds dead

Other guilds require an essay to get in

LFG never fills

IM is for perfect players only apparently

[filtered] am i supposed to do?

Comments

• Tl;Dr

Im.stuck and deleted the game out of frustration.
  • HuvHuv ✭✭✭
    You answered your own question
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a new thing that "being new is a crime," as you put it.

I noticed this a while ago: the game itself (to say nothing of the playerbase...) doesn't really accommodate new players. Once you hit 65 the game assumes you know specific things about it that nobody bothered to mention (because there was no need for it). And despite that, the price of failure is high thanks to both dungeon limitations and the insistence that you need to have a full party to do anything, so you either have to spend f**k knows how long gathering a party and busting your a** trying to learn or proceed with being an ignorant scrub wasting everyone's time. :confused:

The worst part? This has been a thing for literal YEARS. First time doing a dungeon but not skilled in it (despite, you know, having not done it before)? You and the elin you came with can f**k right off.
  • If you decide to play again and happen to be on the Velika server feel free to message me here or in game (fral) I'll be happy to run with you. I dont have problems teaching anybody who is willing to better themselves.
  • Choose pve server not PvP, cause PvP isn’t too friendly. I have been in parties where people kick 9 players in the same dugen cause don’t meet their standards or are newbies
  • > @Auranu said:
    > If you decide to play again and happen to be on the Velika server feel free to message me here or in game (fral) I'll be happy to run with you. I dont have problems teaching anybody who is willing to better themselves.

If i come back ill definitely ask you.

> @Gatokatzen said:
    > Choose pve server not PvP, cause PvP isn’t too friendly. I have been in parties where people kick 9 players in the same dugen cause don’t meet their standards or are newbies

Velika is pve right?
  • Zubberfly wrote: »
    > @Auranu said:
    > If you decide to play again and happen to be on the Velika server feel free to message me here or in game (fral) I'll be happy to run with you. I dont have problems teaching anybody who is willing to better themselves.

If i come back ill definitely ask you.

> @Gatokatzen said:
    > Choose pve server not PvP, cause PvP isn’t too friendly. I have been in parties where people kick 9 players in the same dugen cause don’t meet their standards or are newbies

Velika is pve right?

velika is the pve server
  • AwriAwri
    edited October 2018
    Well, if you ever decide to try Tera again and are on the Velika server, my boyfriend and I are teaching some of our friends the dungeons and we'd be happy to help you as well.

Edit: Ah I see someone else offered as well.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is common of Western gaming. You are only allowed to not know about something if that something is day one brand new. After that? Yes, it's a crime punishable by online death if you don't read guides and watch videos ad infinitum so you can magically waltz through content like a 100 year veteran on your very first try. Really. It's the standards gamer heads have placed upon all of gaming in the West. It's not even about 'Git Gud' anymore. It's about them demanding you to be perfect from the get go, because they don't have time for you. Their time is too important because they have 10 more games to attend, all fed by their daddy's credit card.

Anyway. I'll stop. Today is one of those days where I hate everything... even waffles.
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    Its much easier if you have a core group of friends (online or real-life) to experience and learn the new dungeons, or at least have a couple friends queuing with you so that you're not going in on it blind and alone. My boyfriend and I have been doing this with a couple other friends, and sometimes we queue together. We all stumble and make mistakes, die, wipe, etc, even in random parties (had a disastrous run in RK-9 with two other randoms), but it was okay because we weren't experienced with the dungeon and quite honestly neither were the randoms so it was okay, no one complained. But mostly there's usually five of us so we just go in the dungeons and struggle/learn together.

I guess my point is that its really hard to be new at the stuff and alone. I never see 'learning groups,' hell I rarely saw them when I first played 5 years ago and nice random people willing to be patient were a rare occurrence as well. If you can find and make friends to share in the struggle of learning and practicing the dungeons its much better. You're right about the community, its pretty cold, and very unsociable too unless you're in an active guild I guess or already have friends to play with.
  • I'm so torn on this. I'm not hardcore at all and only reached 431 for the first time due to the event. So...I watch videos but until you play and know what to look for, you can't really know how a boss fight will go with no experience. I really emphasize and am also scared to join parties as a 1st timer. So far the only 431 I've done is Lilith Keep. My first run failed (IM) and second run I got carried by good people. But... now I know it and can pull my weight insomuch as my gear allows. I'm not as helpful as those LFG groups that say "LK Normal - Stormcry only" since I'm halfway through upgrading Twistshard but I know what I'm doing.

On the other hand, in instance matching - there are people that go in with no or odd crystals and somehow do no damage and one boss can take 20 minutes that takes other groups 5 minutes. It's frustrating and runs like that result in failure, so I can see not wanting to deal with parties that bad.

• NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paige007 wrote: »
    I'm so torn on this. I'm not hardcore at all and only reached 431 for the first time due to the event. So...I watch videos but until you play and know what to look for, you can't really know how a boss fight will go with no experience. I really emphasize and am also scared to join parties as a 1st timer. So far the only 431 I've done is Lilith Keep. My first run failed (IM) and second run I got carried by good people. But... now I know it and can pull my weight insomuch as my gear allows. I'm not as helpful as those LFG groups that say "LK Normal - Stormcry only" since I'm halfway through upgrading Twistshard but I know what I'm doing.

On the other hand, in instance matching - there are people that go in with no or odd crystals and somehow do no damage and one boss can take 20 minutes that takes other groups 5 minutes. It's frustrating and runs like that result in failure, so I can see not wanting to deal with parties that bad.

That's my position too. Videos and guides CAN help. But they are not a full replacement for actual experience. My first run of demokron factory, I watched a video at least 20 times before even trying it. When I got there through IM, I knew what to do, but executing it took a bit of getting used to. Also, in a video, ALL of the party knows what to do. They don't prepare you for derps where only YOU know what to do.... I ended up having to tank the last boss....... as a Ninja. <.< Fun times.
  • My recommendation follow the expert guy. did Velik hold. Red refugee , ruinous manor mr Lilith lache etc in yolo runs , zero videos zero fenshui , and never wipe or die like newbie, I,ve witnesses people that died 15 times on the first boss yeah 15 times in a row .

Wanna hear the reason , easy, crystals. And no crystal blind . Event as newbie you can complete the dugen. But people insist going without crystals the whole time.

Remember crystals
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    My recommendation follow the expert guy. did Velik hold. Red refugee , ruinous manor mr Lilith lache etc in yolo runs , zero videos zero fenshui , and never wipe or die like newbie, I,ve witnesses people that died 15 times on the first boss yeah 15 times in a row .

Wanna hear the reason , easy, crystals. And no crystal blind . Event as newbie you can complete the dugen. But people insist going without crystals the whole time.

Remember crystals

Crystals help, but they don't fix stupid. As in, those who fight standing on dot puddles and never doing any evade on mechs. Or those glorious gems who DPS from the front, with front crit crystals and all that......