[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

So am i just not allowed to run or learn content?

Comments

• CezzareCezzare ✭✭✭
    I'm among those who still have patience to explain things to new people in IMS. To be honest, if you queue for anything higher than 431 you need to keep in mind things can get messy very fast, and there will be a high chance you end up grouped with new players, after all, the people queueing for 439+ instances are either masochists (like myself), guildless players o people already recognized as "traps" by LFG groups in their servers.

I understand the need to vent these things out, but there's no immediate solution to how the player community interacts at the moment, I'm afraid new players need to be patient too and grow a thicker skin.

I still think level-entry dungeons should be a little more challenging, the true end game experience starts at lvl 65, there's no way to make leveling a worthwhile and educative experience about the game mechanics whithout making it last longer and, obviously, hidering people from making alts and buying stuff in the process.

While it's true that, for example, having someone with the "skilled" tag in all 439 dungeons doesn't really mean anything since you can get carried in those instances too, I would like to have some warranty that a player with a "skilled" tag in 412-431 dungs. will know at least how to dodge. You don't need to increase the boss's endurance or HP, simply increase their damage, overgeared players will still be more than capable to faceroll and new players will be forced to work a little in order to keep themselves alive.
  • SageWindu wrote: »
    Maxmilian wrote: »
    Digivolve wrote: »
    feminzii wrote: »
    Digivolve wrote: »
    Dying more than 2 times to same exact thing just shows incapability of learning

that's completely bull [filtered]

Yes, of course. In a region that is last to get content, video and doc guides to hold your hand before you even go in, repetitive floor warming is proof that one can't be bothered, don't have any self-respect to take 5 to 10 minutes of their time to look up a dungeon before they go in, to make it easier on everyone.

Of course practical experience is different than theoretical. Even so, in 439 dungeons where bosses move in slow motion, extremely predictable and repetitive patterns.... or wait - it actually occurred to me that there are players who do not realize bosses work through scripted rotations and don't just do whatever they want. That's like the basics of MMO gameplay. Every lethal attack/mechanic has a giant wind-up before it, and if you're telling me that failing to even see it coming, much less dodge it, repeatedly, is normal.... *that's completely bull [filtered]*

It's a big pill to swallow but its true.
    In all the difficulty this person has had playing tera they havent learned a single thing. Theyre obviously completely unwilling to learn they just want to be angry, just read their post.

Wait, the OP outright says that they want to try to learn the dungeons but you're saying they don't want to try and learn the dungeons?

What??

He complains about being in a dead guild and getting kicked constantly from IMS. He's not going to change anything about his behavior or how he approaches these situations, he'd rather bang his head against a brick wall and wonder why he is bleeding.
    He hasnt learned a [filtered] thing.

If he had learned and adapted from his experiences, he would leave his dead guild btw nobody is forcing you to stay in a dead guild and stop trying to do 439's until he can get into a learning run, where people actually have patience. He's experienced that people in pugs dont have the patience for noobs, but he's going to keep spamming IMS and lfg anyway and complain that they dont have any patience.
  • JezzeusagiJezzeusagi ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    > @Maxmilian said:
    > SageWindu wrote: »
    >
    > Maxmilian wrote: »
    >
    > Digivolve wrote: »
    >
    > feminzii wrote: »
    >
    > Digivolve wrote: »
    >
    > Dying more than 2 times to same exact thing just shows incapability of learning
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > that's completely bull [filtered]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes, of course. In a region that is last to get content, video and doc guides to hold your hand before you even go in, repetitive floor warming is proof that one can't be bothered, don't have any self-respect to take 5 to 10 minutes of their time to look up a dungeon before they go in, to make it easier on everyone.
    >
    > Of course practical experience is different than theoretical. Even so, in 439 dungeons where bosses move in slow motion, extremely predictable and repetitive patterns.... or wait - it actually occurred to me that there are players who do not realize bosses work through scripted rotations and don't just do whatever they want. That's like the basics of MMO gameplay. Every lethal attack/mechanic has a giant wind-up before it, and if you're telling me that failing to even see it coming, much less dodge it, repeatedly, is normal.... *that's completely bull [filtered]*
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's a big pill to swallow but its true.
    > In all the difficulty this person has had playing tera they havent learned a single thing. Theyre obviously completely unwilling to learn they just want to be angry, just read their post.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Wait, the OP outright says that they want to try to learn the dungeons but you're saying they don't want to try and learn the dungeons?
    >
    > What??
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > He complains about being in a dead guild and getting kicked constantly from IMS. He's not going to change anything about his behavior or how he approaches these situations, he'd rather bang his head against a brick wall and wonder why he is bleeding.
    > He hasnt learned a [filtered] thing.
    >
    > If he had learned and adapted from his experiences, he would leave his dead guild btw nobody is forcing you to stay in a dead guild and stop trying to do 439's until he can get into a learning run, where people actually have patience. He's experienced that people in pugs dont have the patience for noobs, but he's going to keep spamming IMS and lfg anyway and complain that they dont have any patience.

So we are just going to ignore the part of the post where they said getting into guilds requires an essay

Or the part where they said they waited hours to get lfg to fill and it wouldn't fill at all?

>isnt learning [filtered]

Cant learn anything if the tools arent working, something they said and you conveniently ignored.

>Broken prison? The tank wanted to disband because "too many ppl are new"

Red refuge? Roughly the same thing

Ruinous manor healers "DC" (read; leave ) before the 1st boss

Basically im not allowed to die so how do i learn how to not die?

LFGs i made take hours to get 1 or 2 ppl

Did you even read the op at al?
  • personal experience with ims when lfg is dead or friends not on.

dps queue 30 minute easily. 1/5 time I get into a run. 4/5 time I get into cross server sell run or something similar and get instant kicked. very scummy and I understand why they do it. But I queue so long just to get kicked and hurt my interest to queue agian.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Hence the reason why most people find something better to play. The ones that offer to help you will never be on when you are on, but the arrogant pricks will always be on when you are on.

It doesn't matter much anyway, because if you do ever learn the dungeons, you'll eventually get sick of having to deal with new players and constantly have to teach them. That's just the way it goes. Most of the people that are rude and kick have been playing too long and are tired of having to constantly teach new players. However, they are too stupid to realize that nothing will change and don't seem interested in finding a better game. Hence why they are always so bitter and rude.

Your only hope is to find an active guild and make friends. If you cant' do that, your best bet is to move on.
  • CyborqCyborq ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I enjoy IM'ing for the dungeons I have become to be able to do almost blindly and teaching random newbies the ropes.
    I usually heal, and I find being the healer while teaching and keeping folks up is the best way to go.
    Although I don't know how to tank, I love getting fresh tanks in the easier dungeons (TRNM, LKNM etc.~) or a bit harder ones I know well.

I used to do learning runs as well, and have spent hours with nothing but newbies trying to learn dungeons and get mats from them.
    Love it. Even if a run takes 5 times longer than it can take with experienced players.

Just got back to the game now though after a break, and am getting used to the new skills (apex stuff) and the UI, and just playing the game again in general.
    I'm on the PVE server if anyone would be interested in learning runs, granted I know the dungeon.
    I don't know them all, haven't even tried all the new ones yet. X_X
  • I feel like this kind of issues would be fixed by simply making the LFG not based on 1 server but every servers of the same region, changing the limit of 2 entry per day of a donjon to -> being allowed to rolls on every loots 2 times per day (you can roll and take every loots you want for 2 runs per day) and you can still enter as much of you want at the same day ,so even more players might join lfg training

Ofc i didnt say every details of my "solution" , just the general idea
  • Reflexes are thing in this game. And reflexes are not equal to anyone, neither eye to hand coordination, neither pattern recognition or pattern memorizing. So, the game naturally discriminates between people that have these things naturally and those who don't. This is besides all the other things that you can learn by cognition, like crystals, rotations, items, levels, critical, etc.

It does not surprises me seeing new games with tab target system instead of action combat.

• Some people enjoy running dungeons with people that don't know all the mechanics and don't have the best gear or the optimal skill rotations on par.

And then are some, I think a lot of people, that don't. They just want to min/max everything and do the runs with as much rush and DPS as possible.

And both are fine.

The issue I find with the former group is how few there are in it and the problem with the latter one is how salty and rude those people tend to be.
    Not everyone, but it shines through when they are.

Then there's a rainbow of people there in between.
  • I am sorry, and this goes for any mmo that has been out for quite some time, and you are now jumping in.

There are basics everyone needs to know/have. The correct gear, setup etc. One must know their class BEFORE reaching max lvl. Not when your reach max and try to learn your class.

Also one must do their due diligence and read up, watch vids etc.

You're allowed to die your first few runs. But if you can't pick it by then, then the dungeon isnt for you. Try another.

Thts the reality, its not elitist, its being real and respectful to other players. Everyone has a tolerance to noobs, but to a point. When people see other people not even knowing their skills, how to dodge the easiest of skills, dpsin from the front, healers up a bosses [filtered] etc...its your right as the other player to get pissed and cuss them till they cry, rage quit or uninstall.
  • JohnRees69 wrote: »
    There are basics everyone needs to know/have. The correct gear, setup etc. One must know their class BEFORE reaching max lvl. Not when your reach max and try to learn your class.

Not really.. some classes will get a skill that completely changes their gameplay at 65. Or even at apex a class might become entirely different. There is much to learn even after hitting 65.
  • Looking at the fact that they claimed they were hitting BS and Lotw leads me to believe they are on apex ninja and atm even the ninja discord is still mathing out how to play it.
  • > @JohnRees69 said:
    > I am sorry, and this goes for any mmo that has been out for quite some time, and you are now jumping in.
    >
    > There are basics everyone needs to know/have. The correct gear, setup etc. One must know their class BEFORE reaching max lvl. Not when your reach max and try to learn your class.
    >
    > Also one must do their due diligence and read up, watch vids etc.
    >

They said they did that, and im sure anyone here knows that videod/written guides arent always enough. Some players need extensive training in the fight to know it, from my experience a few of these players become neigh unkillable after the fact, not everyone can read a guide die under a certain threshhold.

Theres a huge difference between just standing around and getting hit and paying attention to the wrong visuals and getting hit.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    dmaxcustom wrote: »
    Reflexes are thing in this game. And reflexes are not equal to anyone, neither eye to hand coordination, neither pattern recognition or pattern memorizing. So, the game naturally discriminates between people that have these things naturally and those who don't. This is besides all the other things that you can learn by cognition, like crystals, rotations, items, levels, critical, etc.

It does not surprises me seeing new games with tab target system instead of action combat.

While this is true for the first few times, this holds much more true in the long run for pvp, where player characters can act unexpectedly. In dungeons however, monsters and bosses are tied to patterns and mechanics that people can start remembering over time. So when you learn and remember those, even some (or most) slower reacting players could just use plain memory to make up for lack of hand eye coordination and slow reaction speeds. NOW on the other hand, people on the lower talent levels will still find it hard to adapt to the highest level stuff. And won't even add people with age and health problems to the mix (me and my headaches included)... In the end it may be about how much slower players can commit to memory and how fast they can process all of it in comparison with a talented player.

Also, it is my belief that tab target games are not based on a limitation, but on a play style. Not all people who like them are limited if they pick up a full real time combat game. I mean, turn based RPGs still exist as well.
    JohnRees69 wrote: »
    I am sorry, and this goes for any mmo that has been out for quite some time, and you are now jumping in.

Also one must do their due diligence and read up, watch vids etc.

You're allowed to die your first few runs. But if you can't pick it by then, then the dungeon isnt for you. Try another.

Thts the reality, its not elitist, its being real and respectful to other players. Everyone has a tolerance to noobs, but to a point. When people see other people not even knowing their skills, how to dodge the easiest of skills, dpsin from the front, healers up a bosses [filtered] etc...its your right as the other player to get pissed and cuss them till they cry, rage quit or uninstall.

I used to believe the part about learning a class before max level as well, but since a character gets all it's skills usually at 65 (and beyond with apex now), every time a character gets a new skill would then be a time for the player to sit back and learn. For some this may be bothersome. So they usually will just rush everything up till max and start learning there. And through stuff like the Kumas BG granting the single best experience boosts, players don't even need to touch their characters until max level.

NOW, you are right in the part about knowing basic gameplay etiquette regardless of character skills. A DPS player should hear the phrase "DPS attacks from the back" only once, and commit it to hard memory. Same with basic stuff like "don't stand on DoT puddles".
  • The system of IMS and LFG in game.

When you go for 439 up i suggest you better to find good ppl to learn those DG cos most of it has a wipe Mechanics. Once you became expert on that kind of dg you can que IMS and join LFG.

I understand why old players kicked new ones cos they dont want to waste their time wiping back and fort. And if you played last 2 months were the merge happend theres alot for LFG's that took 2 to 3 pages that you can choose any of them and there's also Learning runs. But sadly due to the issue of DMCA ppl left and went to EU and now LFG is like 3 sometimes 0.

I suggest find a Guild where ppl there are friendly and ask them for learning runs, and don't stick yourself on a dead guild cos it's dead.