[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

So am i just not allowed to run or learn content?

123457»

Comments

• NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long ago I vouched for a training room of sorts. I'm surprised to see a very similar thing done in Blade and Soul. Aside from the combo tutorials (with combos nobody uses anyway but some chains are nice), you can spawn a boss and fight it solo or with a tank NPC. It doesn't have all boss mechs and also lacks rage timers, but it's a good first step to get used to a boss' size and range.

It may sound like imitating, but really, this is a nifty feature I don't mind other games to emulate.
  • Nopi wrote: »
    Long ago I vouched for a training room of sorts. I'm surprised to see a very similar thing done in Blade and Soul. Aside from the combo tutorials (with combos nobody uses anyway but some chains are nice), you can spawn a boss and fight it solo or with a tank NPC. It doesn't have all boss mechs and also lacks rage timers, but it's a good first step to get used to a boss' size and range.

It may sound like imitating, but really, this is a nifty feature I don't mind other games to emulate.

This too.

Also we need training dummies badly. Pls tell BHS.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    The problem is real is for slow muscle memory learners. 2-4 runs a night is not enough to really cement the reflexes--and ruins everyones fun besides.

This one time we failed for an hour in HH and for once I was doing the mechs right--it cemented the correct procedures in my bones, and I've been solid ever since. Before that I was iffy--sometimes I could and sometimes I couldn't.

But, if I could just park my behind in a training dungeon, and run a level over and over and over until I got it. It might take a weekend of play, but I would be ready for the real thing. Right now I try to substitute with hours of videos, trying to find as many angles as I can, and weeks of mental practice and limited runs--and I still struggle with 5 stars. I'm still at that "iffy" stage. I need to find the groove--and STAY in that groove enough times to have it solid.

Ah well. If wishes were horses and all that.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bring some interesting news from korea, they've made a training dummy room with a built in (albeit not so functional) dps meter. There's a lot to improve still but I think they're heading the right way with this.
  • KitTeaCup wrote: »
    What does everyone think is the best way to avoid this sort of situation?

@KitTeaCup

I will be brief and take points from the previous posts, but first of all, don't give extra reward to skilled players! This type of system will be abused or ignored most of the time.

What would be appropriate is to have this...
    Dungeon%20enter.jpg

To do:
    1 - Bring back the 'Solo-Dungeon System' (rename it if you want) and change the following things:

(1.1) Allow Party/Raid entry (so, no longer 'Solo')
    (1.2) Extend this system to ALL dungeons (including hard modes like Grotto/GLSHM and HH) [basically 'Copy and Paste' everything with a 'training' option in the teleport]
    (1.3) Remove any form of loot/drop to make it fair and allow unlimited entry for training purpose.
    (1.4) Every player has 99 neo resurrection regardless of how many times they did the training. (I believe low-level dungeons also have 99 neo resurrection)
    (1.5) Remove item level restriction for training dungeons option. (This allow a wider range of player to train before they reach the right item level)
    (1.6) Deactivate the wipe mechanic of the 10 minutes countdown present in some dungeons (e.g. RMHM, RKEM, GLSHM). You can let the timer just keep ticking, so they know how much behind they are with the DPS. (Some boss mechanics open up after a certain low HP. Lower gear, disconnections, lags, and inexperience can make the fight longer, thus, new players would be unable to witness them.)

This will help new and current players to practice and get used to the mechanics.

2 - Create in the Forum a Training section. (Achievement too if you want)

(2.1) If a player wants to train a certain dungeon, he must create a post and write in the forum the following:
    - Player In-Game Name:
    - Class:
    - Item Level:
    - Server:
    - Dungeon:
    - Time and/or Date of the training in PDT timezone format (with hours willing to train would be helpful).

(2.2) Anyone who wants to join/help must write:
    - Class:
    - Item Level:
    - Time:
    - Player In-Game Name: (optional)

(2.3) Even if the post doesn't reach the full party in the forum, it could possibly reach in the game, so make an LFG in that case.

Make LFG also when someone leave the party for some reason. Some players may have just read in the forum and decided to join for some trap/fun Friday-night run. There is no help because it is not organised or not known.

With this system, there shouldn't be complain. There are only two servers and I am sure even casual players can give a hand from time to time.
  • KitTeaCup wrote: »

Get in a good guild, or make a static party.. That's from player's side.

But from developer / publisher's point, we definitely could use a training dummy. One that simulates the stats of the high end boss of the game. This way player can gauge themselves of skills and dps output. I know lots of people argue that gear dont matter skill does coz mechanic, skill dont matter gear does coz the sweet sweet 'deeps', but both actually do matter. A lot. In fact, its not uncommon that in end game dungeon have 'shield phase' mechanic, that require the team to dps and break the shield or lest they all wiped out. And there are dungeons that rely heavily on mechanic, like the Demon's Wheel, or Broken Prison.

So instead of going into the high level dungeon and try to 'learn [insert your excuses]', its better to 'eliminate' these excuses one at the time. Before this, people used to say that they don't know crystals, glyph, rotation etc. In fact, long before this, people even use belt, brooch and panties as excuses. Because they literally had never seen those until they reached cap level. But now, they cant give excuses about those stuff anymore. Coz crystals, glyph, brooches and panties are given throughout the story quests. And I'm pretty sure dougal even give out a 'pvp guidebook' or something.. along with pvp crystals set.

Right now, the issues are skill rotation, dungeon mechanic, and dps. I know people be like, hey I know mechanic, i can do dis. Did u know that there is an introduction to apex quest called a 'A gift for the Goddess'? If u follow this this quest chain, it will lead up to a ilvl 438 quest called, 'The finest fireworks'. It require u to clear Kalivan Dreadnaught dungeon. People went in there, with their FM+0, and their dps is ok. But Kalivan Dreadnaught is a ilvl 431 dungeon. And people still struggle with 'ok' dps.

And u wonder why u go to ilvl 439 dungeons with FM+0, and they don't believe u when u say, 'i am still learning the mechanics'.
    :grin:
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    Krydr wrote: »
    KitTeaCup wrote: »

@KitTeaCup

I will be brief and take points from the previous posts, but first of all, don't give extra reward to skilled players! This type of system will be abused or ignored most of the time.

What would be appropriate is to have this...
    Dungeon%20enter.jpg

To do:
    1 - Bring back the 'Solo-Dungeon System' (rename it if you want) and change the following things:

(1.1) Allow Party/Raid entry (so, no longer 'Solo')
    (1.2) Extend this system to ALL dungeons (including hard modes like Grotto/GLSHM and HH) [basically 'Copy and Paste' everything with a 'training' option in the teleport]
    (1.3) Remove any form of loot/drop to make it fair and allow unlimited entry for training purpose.
    (1.4) Every player has 99 neo resurrection regardless of how many times they did the training. (I believe low-level dungeons also have 99 neo resurrection)
    (1.5) Remove item level restriction for training dungeons option. (This allow a wider range of player to train before they reach the right item level)
    (1.6) Deactivate the wipe mechanic of the 10 minutes countdown present in some dungeons (e.g. RMHM, RKEM, GLSHM). You can let the timer just keep ticking, so they know how much behind they are with the DPS. (Some boss mechanics open up after a certain low HP. Lower gear, disconnections, lags, and inexperience can make the fight longer, thus, new players would be unable to witness them.)

This will help new and current players to practice and get used to the mechanics.

2 - Create in the Forum a Training section. (Achievement too if you want)

(2.1) If a player wants to train a certain dungeon, he must create a post and write in the forum the following:
    - Player In-Game Name:
    - Class:
    - Item Level:
    - Server:
    - Dungeon:
    - Time and/or Date of the training in PDT timezone format (with hours willing to train would be helpful).

(2.2) Anyone who wants to join/help must write:
    - Class:
    - Item Level:
    - Time:
    - Player In-Game Name: (optional)

(2.3) Even if the post doesn't reach the full party in the forum, it could possibly reach in the game, so make an LFG in that case.

Make LFG also when someone leave the party for some reason. Some players may have just read in the forum and decided to join for some trap/fun Friday-night run. There is no help because it is not organised or not known.

With this system, there shouldn't be complain. There are only two servers and I am sure even casual players can give a hand from time to time.

Ooo I hadn't thought of using the old solo system to create the training sustem.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with the old solo dungeon was that it was rather unbalanced. There was also the issue with avatar weapons being way too strong back then (they have since been heavily nerfed though). So all in all, a solo dungeon hardly gave me an experience similar to what I'd encounter in a party dungeon. Also, not all dungeons had solo versions. If they want to bring something to train players, it should be as close as the real thing as possible.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nopi wrote: »
    The problem with the old solo dungeon was that it was rather unbalanced. There was also the issue with avatar weapons being way too strong back then (they have since been heavily nerfed though). So all in all, a solo dungeon hardly gave me an experience similar to what I'd encounter in a party dungeon. Also, not all dungeons had solo versions. If they want to bring something to train players, it should be as close as the real thing as possible.

Agreed, "practice how you play" and such.

I agree with bringing back solo instances, but for the sake of advancing the narrative (which is a different cup of Kool-Aid, admittedly), even for the post-FoA dungeons.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »
    Nopi wrote: »

Agreed, "practice how you play" and such.

I agree with bringing back solo instances, but for the sake of advancing the narrative (which is a different cup of Kool-Aid, admittedly), even for the post-FoA dungeons.

eh. Would LOVE if dungeons were opened to advance the narrative usually walled behind top tier party content. But so far I have never seen any MMO doing that. Back when Manaya Core was top tier, you had to do said dungeon (which wasn't a walk in the park because of the weird mechanics needed on the last boss and of course, everything there used to hit hard). Of course, people who sucked at the game or had trouble getting into a party had no opportunity to see the last part of the story they spent months leveling up to. This practice is meant as a reward for getting good and partying, but usually it just stated that not everyone deserved to see the ending. It's a slap in the face in my opinion. Now this happens with the Dakuryon story line and all those side stories about the other major bad guys of Tera. So this, coupled with making those dungeons into solo learning experiences, could entice people to see more of the lore hidden away while also getting useful knowledge about end game mechanics and play styles.
  • CuteElinCatCuteElinCat ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    the game is just not suitable for new players, it will die eventually when veteran gradually leave.
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    The OP made this thread on October 17th.

Last seen online on October 18th.

I'm sure this player has moved on just like the rest of the people that doesn't want to deal with 'everything' related to TERA.