[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

How do I Filter out Unwanted Info in my Logs?

I have unchecked just about everything in my logs/chat settings, but I am still getting it filled with messages telling me, like, "Joe.Blow obtained <Some Crap> x500 from <Locked Crap Strong Box>" -- how do I stop that from showing? It is about 99% of the info being posted in my Chat/Log Windows and, since it is small to begin with, it prevents me from seeing the stuff that I do want to know about.

Answers

• ItzMiraiItzMirai Portugal ✭✭✭
    you can turn off the options on the chat tab options window. Just right click the main tab and you'll have a few options of what you want to see while scrolling up and down. You need to disable party notices and you're set :)
  • RanseRanse ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    As I said, I did that (party notices were unchecked) and have almost everything unchecked and they still come through. The only things I left checked were those things (about 2 or 3) that I think might give me info on what is happening with me, not others. Thanks for the help :) . Maybe I will uncheck everything and see what happens -- I would still like to get whispers or exp or damage or items that I take -- I do not care what other players get.
    And, if you can tell me which one to uncheck to stop those Strongbox Openings, I would definitely do it -- those Strongbox Openings are at least 95% of the chatter on my Logs/Chats Box.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I think what your asking for cant be turned off as its a game function for in game advertising to entice you to buy stuff be it keys , loot boxes or what ever to see if you have take a chance to be as lucky as the others that you are seeing constantly getting the stuff you see rolled thru your screen and char box
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can remove a lot of stuff from the chat log, but not from showing on the middle of your screen. So if you want to eliminate the whole <This douch> obtained <item you will never get> from the middle of your screen, better to train your eyes to auto ignore it. That part will never go, and it's actually supported by a group of players. Chat box? That's another thing. You can even just create a new custom chat window and use that as your main.