[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Progression needs to be fixed.

2»

Comments

• Lore doesn't matter in terms of actual game progression.

If you really care about lore then you'd be just as content if all "story quest related" dungeons were level 1 and you could 1 shot the mobs, no? How about they do that, and put a "lore" teleportal somewhere with a giant list of lore dungeons from beginning to end.

The clutter needs to go though.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    First of all.. New players that level up to 65 should be given +0FrostMetal right of the bat with current level of accessories and such.

Second of all.. FrostMetal should be easier to enchant up to Stormcry since Oath is the new high level gear.

Third of all.. Stormcry should be easier to enchant since Oath is the new high level gear.

And +1 Oath or above should be the new Stormcry where players do it more for luxury than for relevance.

Why i am saying this? If until now we had Guardian/Twistshard/Frostmetal and Stormcry as the highest level of gear then now it changed and the old rules should not apply to the new line of gear because it makes no sense to keep the old prices for the gear when a new tier was implemented.
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    kubitoid wrote: »
    Catservant wrote: »
    I believe FM+0 has become low tier.
    wtf guardian and twistshard are doing here then. must be buried at the deepest bottom of trash bin right away with Dougal giving away frostmetal as starting gear :astonished:

Go ask the developer, tbh i think both are useless tier (esp Guardian) cuz we need at least 439 (Full FM+0) even to awaken so why make new players waste time till 439 learning useless outdated pre-awaken rotation?

• metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    funny how a guy making a new account likely to bypass a shadowban brings up something like this

no, removing lore related pieces to replace them with effortless content would completely go against the idea of it being a role-playing game.
    Dvsv wrote: »
    why make new players waste time till 439 learning useless outdated pre-awaken rotation?
    because it's challenged with a questline that newer players have shown to struggle with. the gearing leading up to the ilvl req allows them to at least have a brief moment to figure out what they're doing before then.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭

don't get me wrong but I don't want to grind all the time , nor do I want a game where ive finished before ive began

lore or not also id rather have more content than less

if say I had to do 20 runs a day of something id rather have 30 to pick from and if I want today ill do one of each of these 20 or 4 each of them 5 or so on
    as to do 20 of the same day in day out now to me that's a grind but if that's where you find your fun then it should also be doable just don't get rid of the rest to suit as theres others that want the variety in getting thru the game too

• edited October 2018
    >no, removing lore related pieces to replace them with effortless content would completely go against the idea of it being a role-playing game.

Uh, what. Give me some of that good stuff.

> the gearing leading up to the ilvl req allows them to at least have a brief moment to figure out what they're doing before then.

A moment to figure out what they're doing, or a moment to reconsider playing the game because barely anyone does the old spread out content that they need for story purposes (definitely don't need for "gearing purposes (which coincidentally the story quest helps with, which makes it so much worse)") so they can't get groups?

> and if I want today ill do one of each of these 20 or 4 each of them 5 or so on

Okay some people can't adapt to times and see problems.
    There's a population issue.
    Think of the recent server merge and the reason behind it. It was to *CONDENSE* the population because the population was *TOO SPREAD OUT*. Keeping all of these old dungeons and spreading players out among them is just as bad as keeping the huge cluster of empty servers.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore doesn't matter in terms of actual game progression.

If you really care about lore then you'd be just as content if all "story quest related" dungeons were level 1 and you could 1 shot the mobs, no? How about they do that, and put a "lore" teleportal somewhere with a giant list of lore dungeons from beginning to end.

I don't know about the story dungeons being lv.1, but I doubt those of us who are curious to the narrative would argue against having a special "Story" version of certain dungeons. Hell, it works for Warframe (i.e. if you have a questline active, when reach the appropriate node you can choose to either do the mission as normal or do the Story mission).

That said, I'd prefer more gear options. Maybe I want my priest in platemail, or my slayer in robes. Adjust the stats accordingly - the heavier the armor class, you do more damage and take less damage, but you move and attack slower. You'll still have your min-maxxers and such, but at least this will give some greater variety in builds and stuff as opposed to sticking to one single rigid setup and calling it a day (fem-elven zerk in robes? yes please!).
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing with story is that many NA players don't play games for their story. They come for both the gameplay and to get rewards to make them unique snowflakes at the end. I don't see a problem with this mentality, but it means that in some cases, story suffers because of it.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    Okay some people can't adapt to times and see problems.
    your mentality is why they dumbed down getting to 65 and now theres a population problem
    just coz you want to get in , get done and do the same and then be finished with the game and go on to the next , no wonder its dying
    There's a population issue.
    no [filtered] sherlock if theres nothing to do they come for their 5 seconds of game time and they leave and there will be less population as there will be no need for any one to be here

yep cut all progression to 65 and all round it and all open world lets just have 2 no one gear set and a DG with a side of PVP like that's going to keep people interested long

and as for the server merge ppl left due to the merge and ppl are leving now you remove more and more will leave too
    and the ones crying for the merge wanted it for the population for finding groups to run DG's and after the merge they were still crying as it didn't fix the problem
    or is it you want less DG's so theres more ppl Q'ing for the few DG's
    hell you get down to two ppl and some one will still cry the other wont do what they want