[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Missing TERA Store Items and Credit Box Gift

I just checked out the menu item called "Dressing Room" and looked at some items. When I clicked on the Purchase button, it took me to the Store in general, not the items themselves. I was trying to check their price. I searched the Store both in the departments they could be in and by using the search feature and did not find them. Do they have discontinued items in the dressing room? The items I was checking out were the "Empowering Dragon Silk Shorts" and the "Elegant Silk Shorts" -- are they not in the Store or do I purchase them with some other game currency? In the Dressing Room they are listed under "Underwear" but there is no Store department for that. It is not under Costumes or Accessories. I looked the items up in the TERA Database and, for the first one, got ID# 183715 and 183709 (Black and White versions of same item, I guess)-- how can I find items by using the ID#?

The Dressing Room shows a window for "Vanguard Initiatives Credits" -- is that what I use to buy those items since they are not in the Store? How do I get those credits?

Another question -- I got a credit box in "Item Claim" that said it would give me credits (it was a "Credit Box" and didn't say what the credits were or how to use them) and I used it. It said I got the Credit Box for buying something in the Store. I did not get anymore EMP or any Vanguard Initiative Credits at all (I thought it was for one of those credits). What type of credits did the box give me? How do I use them if the "credits" were not EMP or Vanguard?

Best Answers

• TsinTsin ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    The dressing room is not an accurate reflection of the in-game store, it is supposed to allow you to preview all cosmetics in-game. However, the NA version of the DR has a very limited amount of preview options. Just because an item is in the DR does not mean it is in the store.

The items you're looking for are - IIRC - discontinued innerwear that are no longer sold as a result of BHS releasing new innerwear with higher stats every year. Aside from purchasing existing versions off of the trade broker, there is no other way to attain these.

I'm not sure why the dressing room lists VG credits as being used to attain credits - you cannot buy any cosmetics with VG credits. This may be a bug.

Credits from item claim are usually for "TERA Rewards" which are credits that you accumulate through buying EMP and doing Vanguard missions. The more credits you have, the higher your "level". You can use these credits to purchase items in the "Reward Emporium", with more items being available the higher your level is. The Rewards Emporium can be opened by clicking the grey badge with a number that pops up on your screen.

Hope this helps.
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    The dressing-room is not only incomplete (only in NA), but doesn't even have most of the items in the store currently that you can buy. And it just links you to the general page no matter what purchase button on any item you pick, regardless of whether its in the store currently or not; EU does the same thing - though their dressing room actually has everything in it.

You can't buy store items with credits, but sometimes depending on what your reward tier is you can buy some outfits in the reward credit store.

Vanguard Initiative credits have nothing to do with buying cosmetic items, so I'm not sure why they bother to show how many credits your character has. The sort drop-down menu mentions VG as well, but that also serves no purpose in the dressing room and comes up with nothing just like all the other options.

NA's store does not have underwear direct purchases, but EU's does, but in pricey bundles. Instead in NA you can mostly expect crap loot-boxes that are nothing but cancer.
  • Accepted Answer
    Tsin wrote: »
    I'm not sure why the dressing room lists VG credits as being used to attain credits - you cannot buy any cosmetics with VG credits. This may be a bug.
    Vy1Vivi wrote: »
    Vanguard Initiative credits have nothing to do with buying cosmetic items, so I'm not sure why they bother to show how many credits your character has.

Just to answer why this is, it's because in K-TERA (and maybe some other markets), their fashion coupon items are sold for Vanguard Rep Credits instead. And, because of that, you can buy these in-game skins directly from the Dressing Room using Vanguard Rep. Because our region (and EU) uses Fashion Coupons instead, it isn't compatible with the Dressing Room.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    TL:DR answer, don't use the dressing room at all. I'm considering it 100% non functional at the moment. Just go directly to the shop instead. If you need to see stuff, check for pictures on the internet or go through the trouble or trying to find a preview-able piece in the broker.

EME should start considering removing the DR completely if it's not going to fix it.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Nopi unfortunate as it is , I think you'll find that even the work envolved in deleting the dressing room is more than they are currently prepared to do
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Their loss if they want to keep publishing a game with malfunctioning systems. This just drives more people away and accelerates the demise of their cash cow.
  • RanseRanse ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Thank y'all for your replies -- they were really helpful. I finally find something I like from the store (and willing to pay cash for it) and they no longer have it. Bummer.

It is hard for a new player to learn the game's systems if some of the those systems are malfunctioning or grossly out-of-date. But then, you get what you pay for....

However, you can put some costumes on your PC in the DR and take screenshots, if that still works. Some usefulness, I guess. Should make some interesting personalized wallpaper....

But the gift Credit Box they gave me for making my first and only yet purchase from the Store (another character slot) -- I used it and don't know what credits they gave me or how or where to use them. I know one of you mentioned those credits, but it went right over my head....

And someone also said that the Vanguard Initiatives Credits don't belong in the Dressing room; so, what are they used for and where? What are "Vanguard Missions"? Again, what you said went right past me (I never heard of "Fashion Coupons"), especially if you used abbreviations -- what do "K-TERA" and "BHS" mean? Some I can figure out from the context, but these....

As for the icon with a number in it -- I think I saw it just before the last update? I don't remember seeing it recently, but when I was just starting to learn the UI, I clicked on a large icon with a 1 in it at the top of the screen. Nothing happened. I will look for it the next time I log in.

Thankfully, there is a place to ask these perplexing questions.
    Again, thank you for your help.

Answers

• NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reward credit is a separate currency tied to your reward tier. You will see in your HUD an icon with a number. When starting up it's number 1. That's your reward tier. Click on that icon and you will see and learn about reward tier and reward credits. As you obtain reward tier points (which are permanent and can't be spent), you open up sections of the reward credit shop. That shop contains a random selection of items. Some are tokens to get materials for gearing, others are strongbox keys and others are cosmetics and mounts. Also reward tier grants small passive buffs for your account, like increased combat xp, a tiny little bit of enchantment success rate and so on.

This was a system made to encourage spending on the cash shop, but since the game shouldn't be full p2w, you can increase that tier through regular playing, albeit at a much slower pace.
  • Ranse wrote: »
    what you said went right past me (I never heard of "Fashion Coupons"), especially if you used abbreviations -- what do "K-TERA" and "BHS" mean? Some I can figure out from the context, but these....

Fashion Coupons is a drop from BAMs (aka Big A s s Monsters)
    K-TERA is the Korean version of the game
    BHS is BlueHole studio the ones who own the game and make the updates to it
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    @Ranse Look for Goldfinger Tokens! The older versions of the underwear is available as random drops from a box purchasable with those tokens.

Most consistent source of these is Ghillieglade, a single player instance available twice a day through a scroll called "velik's Opportunity" which is available (or used to be) through the Vanguard merchant. If you have a Elite it is on your perk bar at the far right.

As to how to run Ghilleglade, there is a slow way and a fast way (if you are geared decently most classes can do the fast way, depends on your comfort with your class and the mechs.) For the slow way (From when it was new content) I always thought the following guide was the most entertaining.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E9GC5R3Vrg"]