[PS4/XB1] Maintenance has completed! Thank you for your patience!

The hackers are back

Comments

• edited November 2018
    Well, now that things are seemingly calming down, people have apparently succeeded in completely turning the tables to the point where people can no longer tell who is actually on which side. I assume it's just because they're bored and want start even more drama.

But anyway, aside that... a lot of this conversation comes down to the nuance of the "grey zone" where all this stuff operates, and people constantly needing to cast people as either "all good" or "all evil" when the truth is messy. There's a difference between legality, ethics, and morality. All these conversations about "they're cheaters/hackers!" vs. "they're heroes/saints!" entirely miss the point. The good is mixed in with the bad by design, and you can't fully divorce it no matter how much you may want to. Sometimes, to do something arguably good, you have to do something technically illegal. Does that make it ethically or morally wrong? Do the ends justify the means? What are the unintended consequences (and should they have been expected)? There are no easy answers.

Whenever someone tries to carefully weave a tale that focuses only on the good and downplays/dismisses all the bad/questionable, that's not entirely honest. But same way the other way around, too. It would be entirely dishonest to claim that the tools developed are only used for cheating/hacking, or that the intentions of those involved were only selfish. At the same time, it would be dishonest to ignore that the frameworks developed went a long way towards making the distribution of cheats/exploits easier and more efficient, and that some of the "accepted use cases" (or end-goals being worked on) are probably well outside what many would consider "fair" (and some certainly beyond what EME/BHS as a business would consider "fair"). There's plenty of room for reasonable, nuanced debate and discussion if we can finally get past this false "angel" vs. "devil" dichotomy that constantly plagues these discussions, and allow all parties just to be normal fallible humans with nuanced and multiple (sometimes seemingly-conflicting!) motivations and actions.

I'm weary of these kinds of conversations, though, because there's a lot of a) one-sided propaganda, b) outright trolling, and c) flamebait. This thread has all three in abundance. That's why there's not going to be much progress made beyond... starting even more drama. Personally, I'm wiped out.
  • P9ENREJL9AP9ENREJL9A ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Partyblast wrote: »
    P9ENREJL9A wrote: »
    voidy wrote: »
    I'll return to my former statement: You have NO clue what you're talking about, at all. Every time you post, you make it more obvious that you're completely ignorant on this topic.
    hurr durr muh conspiracy, hurr

Thanks for quickly proving my point for me; have a good night!

You feel so triggered by this, I wonder why you defend them so pasionate. I may hit the nail on the head.

5VRFx5z.png

He developed a tool that allows him to get data from players pcs and tera servers around the world, allowing him to steal code and who knows what else with that. This is not conspiracy you can read about his private server stuff.

You can see here https://github.com/caali-hackerman/tera-proxy#popular-and-fully-compatible-modules a list of proxy modules he allows in his version. Some of them are QoLs but others are hacks/cheats. For example: No more wasted backstabs, Enrage notifier (for hard mode), Astral TERA, True everful nostrum, CaaliLogger, CaaliStateTracker, Library, Ping-compensation, Monster-marker, Skill-resets, No Drunk Screen, Anti Body Block and more. Yes, he supports cheats and hacks of his fork and other developers, he is a hacker.

The PServer isn't any secret, and voidy never denied the fact it's being worked on. It's just not currently publically available so there isn't anything to argue about on it, Caali has no paid services to access the server and he doesn't offer gear/advancement on it for cash.

Also your examples also further prove your ignorance on the topic, do you even know what those modules do? None of those listed examples are exploits and are pure QoL, just simplifying things easily done in-game and actually makes it easier for those who have sight issues or focusing in multiple locations, can't have that though now can we? A few of those modules actually don't do anything to the game in general or even work by themselves.

No More Wasted Backstabs is a cheat, its own name tells you what it does, if you fail your backstab it wont go to cooldown, that may friend is called a cheat.

Astral TERA allows you to run content inaccesible by normal means (dungeons that are disabled in your region), that my friend is a hack/cheat.

Enrage Notifier is a really dumb cheat but a cheat nonetheless because it notifies you about enraged phase with advance.

True Ever Nostrum is a cheat that auto use your nostrum.

CaaliLogger and CaaliStateTracker are the modules Caali uses to steal data from the servers and users pcs. Hacks in other words.

Library is a module that gives you access to characters id, items id, users id, something that has no meaning for normal players and this is likely used for hackers to bring harm to others.

Ping Compensator "increases your attack speed" that is a blatant cheat.

Monster Marker allows you to mark a kind of monster or certain objects in the game (like blue boxes or dungeon bosses spawned in open world) and this will give you info about their location when they are spawned in the game.

Skill resets, like its name imply it does what you read it does, a blatant cheat.

Anti body block, like its name says, makes you like an ethereal being in and collision with other players will be removed. One more cheat.

And there are more.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    snip
    Same. I'm also kind of annoyed at these, though I do have the option to not read them in the first place, which would be a logical thing for those easily offended out there.

It's fairly clear here that no side will convince the other nor "show them the light of truth". Both sides are heavily bunkered and have no reason at all to waver, despite all the ammo being used against each other. It's not gonna happen and like in so many other arguments where no side is proven well beyond 100% certainty, the argument will simply roll about in circles until everyone forgets this thread is a thing and move on to a fresh new battlefield to start it all over again.

In some cases, the threads are pop corn worthy, but mos are simply not. This one falls in the bigger bunch. So better spend our time looking at derpy videos in youtube or... MAYBE, playing some video games.
    kubitoid wrote: »
    bananas ...

hiya!
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭✭
    No More Wasted Backstabs is a cheat, its own name tells you what it does, if you fail your backstab it wont go to cooldown, that may friend is called a cheat.

Simply just reverts the stupid change BHS did which will pop your CD if the boss is within 5m of the wall or if your crosshair misses a target completely. It's not giving you any advantages really but I will agree this is questionable QoL.
    Astral TERA allows you to run content inaccesible by normal means (dungeons that are disabled in your region), that my friend is a hack/cheat.

Completely wrong, this doesn't let you run anything lol. Doesn't even move your character server-side, it's purely cosmetic.
    Enrage Notifier is a really dumb cheat but a cheat nonetheless because it notifies you about enraged phase with advance.

It isn't a cheat when it's well known knowledge that Enrages last 36 seconds and happens after 10% of non-enraged HP is burned. Didn't know that piece of information? Well congratulations now you do.

This module is more of a nuisance than a cheat lol, it's not hard to press your nostrum key whenever you want but for some reason people do forget so hey it helps, the downside however means good luck using any immunity res as using items will auto-cancel your immunity.
    CaaliLogger and CaaliStateTracker are the modules Caali uses to steal data from the servers and users pcs. Hacks in other words.

Tracks information on the servers yes, provides no benefit to you at all and doesn't change your or others gameplay so hardly a cheat. At this point Caali has a crap ton of information anyways as you've already stated he has his PServer running for tests, so anyway it's just a waiting game for BHS to take down the PServer.
    Library is a module that gives you access to characters id, items id, users id, something that has no meaning for normal players and this is likely used for hackers to bring harm to others.

A lot of IDs are already accessible via online resources, especially items which EME has promoted use of to assist in their fashion coupon shop revamp. IDs are always accessible but that isn't what this module is specifically for, it's also self explanatory as it's simply just a library of IDs to be used in other modules, which isn't needed at all to do harm onto others since the game offers much easier ways to go about that.

It's just another ping compensation guide, as self explanatory by the name. Which is exactly what Skill Prediction is, the widely-known module that assists in letting players with over 30ms enjoy this game and one of the core reasons people want Proxy (or an official variation done by BHS which would take months to do). Hardly gives you more attack speed.
    Monster Marker allows you to mark a kind of monster or certain objects in the game (like blue boxes or dungeon bosses spawned in open world) and this will give you info about their location when they are spawned in the game.

This module isn't able to provide you information about spawn locations of anything you add to it. It's a visual module that only works within your VISIBLE VICINITY, popping a marker on something that you'd already be able to see anyways, half-redundant.
    Skill resets, like its name imply it does what you read it does, a blatant cheat.

If you actually believe it resets your skills...I just can't....
    What it does is just make the stupid reset message larger and easier to see so you don't need to squint at the top of your screen or stare at your skillbar, instead of looking at the boss that may or may not do a mechanic on you.
    Anti body block, like its name says, makes you like an ethereal being in and collision with other players will be removed. One more cheat.

This module only applies to party members, since this function already exists in-game, try going into a raid and then running into your raid members...o-wait you can't, same as any players within a safe zone (which is a common complaint for people dueling as body block actually assists in duels). Also most skills already inherently do this, except perhaps leaps which would the major issue. In my opinion it's stupid BHS allowed body blocking in parties but yes I can see how this is another case of questionable QoL but doesn't really make you a cheater.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    questionable QoL.
    dont even have to read the rest of the post
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do wonder who that P2W guy is, for him to be in both proxy discords and making false claims that both Caali and Pinkie are hackers harming the game.
    Newsflash @P2W , the actual hackers never left. 1 month free of hackers? have you done CS? clearly you didn't. Making money? how can you make money out of something that is public to everyone and completely free to download? No one is forced to endorse the proxy creators, is just an option.

Before making baseless accusations, get informed. What you are doing is just spread misinformation based on your own beliefs, you are only spreading panic, using only the negatives of proxy to your favor, and enlarging them, creating a scandal.
    Heres your solution: Hackers? you cannot deal with em? then go find another game and stop being a toxic influence to the players who do not know anything about the situation.

And i am not entirely defending caali, pinkie or proxy. As anyone else, i recognize there are risks to proxy, such as people with really bad intentions. Those are the people you should be pointing your finger, but ohh, you dont, because you dont know who they are, so you pick on the public image and demonize it to instill fear into the innocent (player without information)
    But i also see the benefits of proxy. I have friends in Latin America that simply require proxy to play the game just as good as the players closer to the servers.

Do everyone a favor, and STFU @P2W
  • edited November 2018
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    I do wonder who that P2W guy is

Just look at the post history for the past few months and don't fall for the trolling. This whole thread was just a joke, and then people think he's serious and then respond seriously, and drama ensues. A familiar refrain.
  • dingo790dingo790
    edited November 2018

Damn, I don't remember when I added this feature but that sounds pretty sick. Just wait till you see the minigames and player housing coming soon (haha soon lmao jk), EME is going to be quaking at my almighty hax0r powers and TERAs economy as a whole is going to come crumbling down under my supreme coding might.
  • @Partyblast said:

I wouldnt even have gone through and corrected the guy at this point, youre a better person than me, ive already explained over half those module names are Misnomers and only people who dont know what they do take the name to face value to "prove" its a cheat.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    @P9ENREJL9A
    What a lair and a troll.
    You claimed all of these things without proof btw.
    I'm enjoying others btfoing you though =)
  • Is this a white knight? Damn you people should allow some other portions of your brain to function instead of being stuck on what you think is right. Boring 😪
  • P9ENREJL9A wrote: »
    I'll return to my former statement: You have NO clue what you're talking about, at all. Every time you post, you make it more obvious that you're completely ignorant on this topic.
    hurr durr muh conspiracy, hurr

Thanks for quickly proving my point for me; have a good night!

You feel so triggered by this, I wonder why you defend them so pasionate. I may hit the nail on the head.

5VRFx5z.png

He developed a tool that allows him to get data from players pcs and tera servers around the world, allowing him to steal code and who knows what else with that. This is not conspiracy you can read about his private server stuff.

You can see here https://github.com/caali-hackerman/tera-proxy#popular-and-fully-compatible-modules a list of proxy modules he allows in his version. Some of them are QoLs but others are hacks/cheats. For example: No more wasted backstabs, Enrage notifier (for hard mode), Astral TERA, True everful nostrum, CaaliLogger, CaaliStateTracker, Library, Ping-compensation, Monster-marker, Skill-resets, No Drunk Screen, Anti Body Block and more. Yes, he supports cheats and hacks of his fork and other developers, he is a hacker.

The PServer isn't any secret, and voidy never denied the fact it's being worked on. It's just not currently publically available so there isn't anything to argue about on it, Caali has no paid services to access the server and he doesn't offer gear/advancement on it for cash.

Also your examples also further prove your ignorance on the topic, do you even know what those modules do? None of those listed examples are exploits and are pure QoL, just simplifying things easily done in-game and actually makes it easier for those who have sight issues or focusing in multiple locations, can't have that though now can we? A few of those modules actually don't do anything to the game in general or even work by themselves.

And there are more.

You sir, are an idiot. Should get informed before posting, only making a fool of yourself.
  • Well guys enjoy the who has better hack and ping wins. Sadly to see this being allowed again instead of adding built in skill prediction. I play on EU with 15ms ping and tried it with proxy. It's disgustingly unfair how earlier/faster you can chain your skills.
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    I like how this P9ENREJL9A person listed proxy stuff that I didn't even know existed. I'm sure other people with more free time will be googling those! Good job exposing those, you must be quite the proxy expert yourself!