The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

Which crafting to specialize in?

First of all, I'd like to know what the current status of crafting is. The crafting system seems a bit outdated to me. I am very new to the game, so I've never heard of the lvl 65 crafted weapons and armors and I assume no one will craft them now. So is there anything that is hard to find except for crafting?

I am thinking about having 3 characters each specializing in weapon for golden daric and plate, armor for silver siglo and plate, and alchemy for emerald and diamond. I don't know how hard it is to farm these materials right now, but it feels they will be pretty important and commonly used later on (I'm at ilvl 433).

My current question is, which crafting should I choose for my first character?

Best Answers

• HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited November 9 Accepted Answer
    The best is to focus on weapon since you will need ever so many golden plates and you will have to pay some extra fee when buying considering the amount of crafters VS the amount of demand.

And do battlegrounds with PvP crystals on different characters for the coins that give crafter cures ( Corsair has equalized gear so it is even better for alts ).

• VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    All of them, except etching but Weapon first for Darics/plates, then Alchemy for gems, then armour for silver stuff for accessories and much higher gear enchants. Etching is pretty meh and only really for Accessory etchings cause T4 aren't worth getting on NA

Answers

• PwhoopsPwhoops ✭✭✭
    Either Weapon or Alchemy is what I’d go for first. Probably Weapon.
  • yuxzyuxz ✭✭
    Pwhoops wrote: »
    Either Weapon or Alchemy is what I’d go for first. Probably Weapon.

For golden daric and plate?
  • yuxzyuxz ✭✭
    Vinyltails wrote: »
    All of them, except etching but Weapon first for Darics/plates, then Alchemy for gems, then armour for silver stuff for accessories and much higher gear enchants. Etching is pretty meh and only really for Accessory etchings cause T4 aren't worth getting on NA

How does the server make that difference?
  • Armor>Weapon>Potions
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    yuxz wrote: »
    Vinyltails wrote: »

How does the server make that difference?

Cause EU has special boxes that give the important mats to make T4s not cost billions to make, while you only have dismantling *alot* of T4 and other etchings to get the mats which makes it reallllllllly not worth unless you're super into min/max and want that like 2 extra stat or w/e