Some Questions about Talent's EP Points

1.does low tier dg and high tier dg give the same ep exp? cuz it has the same xp exp ++ icon on vg reward list.
2.is there any limit about how many ep exp u can get per day?
3.if so, when does it reset? and how can we check it
4.is the ammount of exp to get 1 ep (100% on ep exp bar) the same for any level? does it increase like the xp u need to lvl up your character? cuz it doesnt show any number like the item xp / character exp.
5.and to sum up which is the best way to farm ep points?

Comments

• NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I suppose you stop receiving EP exp when you run out of vanguard dailies?(answered below) As a question I'd like to ask, though, would this EP system make it so super dedicated players who farm it will be plainly leaps and bounds stronger than others? Or are the buffs so minor that only min maxers will care about them?
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    This is what I got from theorycrafting discord
    EP xp given per vg completion (numbers in () are for after the 16vg cap)
    439+ dungeons: 1518 (1215 when vg capped)
    431 dungeons: 1418 (1134)
    corsair/fwc/3v3: 1518 (1215)
    guardians/flying guardians: 500
    412 dungeons: 1267 (1012)
    iod (all 3 tiers are the same): 911 (729)
    kumas/iron battlegrounds: 843
    kill 30 ___ quests: 270
    gather 30 ____ quests: 180
    ace dungeons: 303
    echoes of aranea: 911
    pit of petrax: 455
    celestial arena: 425

First vg of the day gives you a big bonus so make sure you complete a good vg first (example: grotto normal). Then the numbers above apply. You gain xp points even after completing vgs. I heard somewhere the reset happens at 11pm est but that might be wrong. Abscess spam or low tier iod spam are the most efficient ways of farming talents.
  • Wouldn’t RG be faster than Abscess and same EP exp + less waiting for an ims party?
  • @CornishRex ty it helped a lot, a last question, does the 1st vg bonus count only to the 1st vg completed of the account? or does it count to the 1st vg of every character?
    edited November 2018
    @CornishRex ty it helped a lot, a last question, does the 1st vg bonus count only to the 1st vg completed of the account? or does it count to the 1st vg of every character?

Sadly, only first vg of the account! And npnp
  • edited November 2018
    Nopi wrote: »
    As a question I'd like to ask, though, would this EP system make it so super dedicated players who farm it will be plainly leaps and bounds stronger than others? Or are the buffs so minor that only min maxers will care about them?

It's sort of in the middle. The system is on an exponential curve so you can earn a decent amount of points fairly quickly (well, weeks anyway), but it takes longer and longer to earn as you get higher. So it's true that super-dedicated players will be stronger than others, and it won't be possible to completely catch up with them unless you're even-more dedicated than them (to surpass them) -- this is the main thing I dislike about this system. But it's also true that newer/more-casual players can still get the most important balance-impacting points without being that super-dedicated. So it's not "leaps and bounds stronger" once you get to that base level, but it's not entirely minor either. Getting to that base level is the key.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    @CornishRex ty it helped me a lot as well

but I would have assumed that it would have reset with the VG counter the way its tied in with that
    but who knows , im still working out how to utilize the points ive accrued or whether to just keep accruing them for now
    tisnotme wrote: »
    @CornishRex ty it helped me a lot as well

but I would have assumed that it would have reset with the VG counter the way its tied in with that
    but who knows , im still working out how to utilize the points ive accrued or whether to just keep accruing them for now

I've also got some other, better way to utilize the first bonus vg. First you do pit of petrax and then a 439+. For some reason the bonus xp applies to both vgs. Tested and it worked, I gained 2 levels while yesterday when I first did a 439+ I only gained one level.
  • Pwhoops wrote: »
    Wouldn’t RG be faster than Abscess and same EP exp + less waiting for an ims party?

abscess if way faster cause there are 2 boss and with the right party is called rape in my book so do apologize the bosses when you rape them.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nopi wrote: »
    As a question I'd like to ask, though, would this EP system make it so super dedicated players who farm it will be plainly leaps and bounds stronger than others? Or are the buffs so minor that only min maxers will care about them?

It's sort of in the middle. The system is on an exponential curve so you can earn a decent amount of points fairly quickly (well, weeks anyway), but it takes longer and longer to earn as you get higher. So it's true that super-dedicated players will be stronger than others, and it won't be possible to completely catch up with them unless you're even-more dedicated than them (to surpass them) -- this is the main thing I dislike about this system. But it's also true that newer/more-casual players can still get the most important balance-impacting points without being that super-dedicated. So it's not "leaps and bounds stronger" once you get to that base level, but it's not entirely minor either. Getting to that base level is the key.

I see. To me it would be just another thing to toss into the "to do someday" list.
  • @Melyodis
    That’s assuming you get a good party though through IMS I had a horrible time carrying 6 people in that dungeon + the waiting time for a full party.
  • @CornishRex
    Can you go into detail on how to get the double reward?
    Pwhoops wrote: »
    @CornishRex

First when you log on do pit of petrax. Accept the vg, you will get the daily bonus xp. Then do any dungeon from 439 and up (can be a 446, 453 etc). Accept the vg. The bonus will apply for this one as well. The reason for that is because the bonus xp hasn't been "exhausted" by the first vg since it was a small vg that usually doesn't reward a lot of points. I don't know all the logic behind this exactly but it's probably explained here
  • CornishRex wrote: »
    Pwhoops wrote: »
    @CornishRex

First when you log on do pit of petrax. Accept the vg, you will get the daily bonus xp. Then do any dungeon from 439 and up (can be a 446, 453 etc). Accept the vg. The bonus will apply for this one as well. The reason for that is because the bonus xp hasn't been "exhausted" by the first vg since it was a small vg that usually doesn't reward a lot of points. I don't know all the logic behind this exactly but it's probably explained here

tried it and it works ty
  • Pwhoops wrote: »
    @Melyodis
    That’s assuming you get a good party though through IMS I had a horrible time carrying 6 people in that dungeon + the waiting time for a full party.

i never said to que just put ep farm in lfg and your good to go that dungeoen can be done in like 16 sec per boss or less