[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

IoD keen motes

2456

Comments

  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    How about making it party related so everyone gets the kill. The way it is now feels anti-priest friendly and why i avoid iod. I useally farm it with my friend and the kills rotate between us. Even with keen motes and a dps setup for priest its still slow as hell till i have edict of judgment up and even then i can only burst 2 bams every 2 mins.

    Rewards are balanced around soloing, if it was party oriented everyone would just take dps and kill their own anyways, either that or, increase the amount required. Either way, the results end up either neutral or negative.

    I highly doubt that. You could say the old dailies like That Ain't Right and that one with the 10 BAMs right outside Highwatch were geared towards solo play but people partied up all the time since it was exponentially faster. I don't see why IoD couldn't be done in a similar fashion.
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    SageWindu wrote: »
    I highly doubt that. You could say the old dailies like That Ain't Right and that one with the 10 BAMs right outside Highwatch were geared towards solo play but people partied up all the time since it was exponentially faster. I don't see why IoD couldn't be done in a similar fashion.
    Are you aware that they removed it because the rewards were considered way too good for party wide credit? That vg was abused so badly that BHS decided to axe it.

    The real dilemma here is that people shouldn't be forced to crowd out iod so badly for talents.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    SageWindu wrote: »
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    How about making it party related so everyone gets the kill. The way it is now feels anti-priest friendly and why i avoid iod. I useally farm it with my friend and the kills rotate between us. Even with keen motes and a dps setup for priest its still slow as hell till i have edict of judgment up and even then i can only burst 2 bams every 2 mins.

    Rewards are balanced around soloing, if it was party oriented everyone would just take dps and kill their own anyways, either that or, increase the amount required. Either way, the results end up either neutral or negative.

    I highly doubt that. You could say the old dailies like That Ain't Right and that one with the 10 BAMs right outside Highwatch were geared towards solo play but people partied up all the time since it was exponentially faster. I don't see why IoD couldn't be done in a similar fashion.

    TAR wasn't intended to be that way, we simply got to abuse it longer for what ever reason.

    There is also nothing stopping people from doing IOD with a friend, even with killing twice as much you would be killing each individual BAM quicker. In all honesty, the issue really just comes down to people needing to play their class better rather than sitting around waiting for the next TAR to popup where they afk in a party while someone AOE bombs everything to death for them. It's why anytime there were easy party content I just filled the party with my own alts. It doesn't take gear to kill them quickly, it's a matter of a proper setup and re-positioning, which is where people mess up often. They are knocked down often, and take too long to re-position that by the time they do the BAM is already turning again. Any CC available isn't used either to compensate as it "doesn't do damage".
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Meningitis wrote: »
    SageWindu wrote: »
    I highly doubt that. You could say the old dailies like That Ain't Right and that one with the 10 BAMs right outside Highwatch were geared towards solo play but people partied up all the time since it was exponentially faster. I don't see why IoD couldn't be done in a similar fashion.
    Are you aware that they removed it because the rewards were considered way too good for party wide credit? That vg was abused so badly that BHS decided to axe it.

    The real dilemma here is that people shouldn't be forced to crowd out iod so badly for talents.

    Oh, that old chestnut. "People are doing too much of this and not enough of that. Let's cripple then defenestrate this so they focus more on that." (while not realizing why people weren't doing that in the first place...)

    I swear, I don't understand the devs sometimes...
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Current IoD is solo content as far as the game is concerned. It's even marked as such in your Vanguard screen.
  • Can you guys please stop complaining outside of the topic here, please? This is the reason why they NEVER listen to the community, our focus is worse than a fly near a disco ball.

    For the topic, indeed we need more Keening Dawns. I did rotations there wich I killed more than 20 mobs without getting 1 mote here on NA... but on Europe is not uncommon to kill a bam and drop 2, and mostly every bam u kill, drops a mote.
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    100% Keening Dawn motes would be a nice, NON-GAME/ECONOMY/WHATEVER BREAKING QoL improvement. You still have to do the boring, mind-numbing content, you're still limited to 16 vanguards per day, it just goes a little faster. As someone else pointed out, EU isn't over saturated with talents because of 100% Keening Dawn, it's because the Elleon Boxes drop a broken amount of them.
  • spungspung ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    SageWindu wrote: »
    Meningitis wrote: »
    SageWindu wrote: »
    I highly doubt that. You could say the old dailies like That Ain't Right and that one with the 10 BAMs right outside Highwatch were geared towards solo play but people partied up all the time since it was exponentially faster. I don't see why IoD couldn't be done in a similar fashion.
    Are you aware that they removed it because the rewards were considered way too good for party wide credit? That vg was abused so badly that BHS decided to axe it.

    The real dilemma here is that people shouldn't be forced to crowd out iod so badly for talents.

    Oh, that old chestnut. "People are doing too much of this and not enough of that. Let's cripple then defenestrate this so they focus more on that." (while not realizing why people weren't doing that in the first place...)

    I swear, I don't understand the devs sometimes...

    The issue with TAR it wasn't its giving too much, it created a problem. I'm not ashamed to say this, but I use to login 4 of my toons along side my main and reap rewards for all 5. This was going along for months. I'm pretty positive there were many like me who abused it the same way because I witnessed them doing the same thing. This wasn't something uncommon even during Alliance days when people were farming on multiple toons at the same time. Imagine that system was still set in place today I can bet you you'd see people logging 20 toons each day because how easy to make millions in just a few days playing for only for 2 hours. Really, nothing good happens when a group of people start to abuse a system.

    With regard to keen motes, to be honest whether they dropped or not you easily kill them in mere seconds. You're only asking for keen motes to one-shot BAMs. And quite frankly, when I start killing a few they start to pile up so long I keep the pace I would never run out from keen motes only in rare occasion.
  • Shunkou wrote: »
    For the topic, indeed we need more Keening Dawns. I did rotations there wich I killed more than 20 mobs without getting 1 mote here on NA... but on Europe is not uncommon to kill a bam and drop 2, and mostly every bam u kill, drops a mote.

    I had the same experience.

    Kinda sucks.

    But beggars can't be choosers.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    TJKat wrote: »
    100% Keening Dawn motes would be a nice, NON-GAME/ECONOMY/WHATEVER BREAKING QoL improvement. You still have to do the boring, mind-numbing content, you're still limited to 16 vanguards per day, it just goes a little faster. As someone else pointed out, EU isn't over saturated with talents because of 100% Keening Dawn, it's because the Elleon Boxes drop a broken amount of them.

    Then would have been more logical and less messy to just activate an area buff that just gave you the stats of the keen mote that everyone gets only when in the island. OR, nerf the monsters themselves.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    P2W wrote: »
    Galadthas wrote: »
    can we get an increased drop on keen motes in island of dawn , it just makes life easier when trying to farm bams.

    Plenty of motes on EU. :)
    KUZOoCf.jpg

    Dvsv wrote: »
    voidy wrote: »
    The thing you're asking for would make everyone's lives easier and there's virtually no downside. Anyone who doesn't like it can simply not pick up keen motes. However, because we're in these forums, you can rest assured that even a simple request like yours will be met with morally outraged objections from people with nothing better to do than argue for argument's sake. Have fun and enjoy your thread!
    Prob someone gonna cry here how perma "keen motes" on IOD will make grinding too easy hahaha!
    For me, they can put perma triple drop and keen motes and i'll still think IOD farming is one of these thing that make this game a real chore to play...
    Nopi wrote: »
    I'm starting to feel someone at EME management thinks making a longer grind at even the most boring of content is best for.... something. .
    It's good for EMP sales cuz whenever they put way too much grind in the game it make the p2w route (i.e: selling EMP for gold and buying everything in TB) way more atractive, they know that almost nobody can farm talents in IOD 6 Hrs/day.
    If you think about it the opportunity cost from someone gearing in BIS the "free way" nowadays is WAY greater that the monetary cost of the p2w route..

    Even with keen motes dropping everywhere, you rarely see too many people farming IOD on EU. Why? Because farming IOD isn't the best way to get talents there. You can get them from Elleons Marks. 100 Marks now give 120 gold talents and 30 silver talents.

    This is the ultimate irony at the center of it all. Despite having no reason to do IOD after getting the etchings/glyphs from its token shop, EU has a much easier and streamlined version of it than on NA, where players are stuck grinding it every day for talents. People always said "it's because our vanguard rate is doubled, so we have less keen motes" but even after the vanguard rate was nerfed returned to normal, we still kept our keenless IOD.

    Honestly, if every iod bam dropped a keen mote, you'd probably see *less* people there just because players would finish their iod grind so much quicker. Heck, even if there were more people, is that so bad? More people doing iod means more talents on the marketplace, means cheaper enchanting costs. There're 10 channels anyway, and even if the crowding is actually unbearable (unlikely, given the population at the moment) you'll be done faster than you were under the old system anyway. Even if you think the reason has to do with not wanting people to farm rewards shop tier XP, it's not like anything at the higher ranks is even affordable unless you whale like you're Paris Hilton.
  • The european servers have so many gold talents from different sources including the elleon token shop that they do not need to lose their mind as much as we do with the brainless and frustrating farming at the island of dawn ( it is brainless because it is very repetitive while it is frustrating exactly because there is no 100% keen mote with some classes being slower than other.. and at the same time there are only 10 channels meaning that there are times when players start to grief each over for a farm spot ).

    And if you truly believe that players should have a slow and insufferable experience to "help" the broker with some extra golden talents instead of improving the dungeons as example then that point of view is not really friendly and constructive.


    Anyway, it seems that we will be able to craft golden and silver talents with the new crafting system so this issue might be solved more or less ..
  • motes = 1 hit kill bam ... why more nerf ??
  • go play to tera eu ..
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    motes = 1 hit kill bam ... why more nerf ??

    It seems that you did not do 16 IODs for the EP talents... And imagine that some players have multiple alts..

    It is fine.. only a few hundreds of bams killed in a day without 100% keen mote
Sign In or Register to comment.