enmasse

I think enmasse should have creative freedom to make new content independently of bluehole, I think they can improve different aspects of the game, have to meet some korean patch notes scrupulously, they can improve the quality of events and make return example: mongos, world open bosses, caiman eggs,alliance, etc....
«1

Comments

  • XqZqO4V.jpg
    I think enmasse should have creative freedom to make new content independently of bluehole, I think they can improve different aspects of the game, have to meet some korean patch notes scrupulously, they can improve the quality of events and make return example: mongos, world open bosses, caiman eggs,alliance, etc....

  • the truth is very simple ... TERA EU gets more event and exclusive dungeon event. TERA NA has the distribution of tera in consoles but can not do the same as TERA EU.
  • edited December 6
    It's not freedom; they have as much freedom as EU or more. But making custom changes for PC can't be leveraged for console as well (where they publish worldwide), so it's wasted money for them. It's better for them to push BHS to make the base game better, which applies to PC and Console by extension, not make custom and temporary local-market changes to PC that will just get thrown out (as EU is doing). But of course, the problem is that BHS doesn't want to change the game to be more like what NA players want, unless it agrees with the whole rest of the world (incl. Asian markets). And so that's why we're in the position we're in.
  • McOnosRepMcOnosRep ✭✭✭
    It's not freedom; they have as much freedom as EU or more. But making custom changes for PC can't be leveraged for console as well (where they publish worldwide), so it's wasted money for them. It's better for them to push BHS to make the base game better, which applies to PC and Console by extension, not make custom and temporary local-market changes to PC that will just get thrown out (as EU is doing). But of course, the problem is that BHS doesn't want to change the game to be more like what NA players want, unless it agrees with the whole rest of the world (incl. Asian markets). And so that's why we're in the position we're in.

    Actually that makes a lot of scene for complicated stuff.

    Still I assume stuff like permanent double vanguards or increasing the amount of gold/silver talents in strongbox rewards can be done by EME fairly easily if they really want.
  • 6AWC3DP9PR6AWC3DP9PR ✭✭
    edited December 7
    It's not freedom; they have as much freedom as EU or more. But making custom changes for PC can't be leveraged for console as well (where they publish worldwide), so it's wasted money for them. It's better for them to push BHS to make the base game better, which applies to PC and Console by extension, not make custom and temporary local-market changes to PC that will just get thrown out (as EU is doing). But of course, the problem is that BHS doesn't want to change the game to be more like what NA players want, unless it agrees with the whole rest of the world (incl. Asian markets). And so that's why we're in the position we're in.

    I mean, event dungeons are such a superficial thing I don't think anybody actually asks for them in particular. People including myself want reduced grind, which Gameforge has in spades, and leadership at EME opt not to motion for such a thing on the basis that more availability of materials would interfere with game design. Being that you're on the Council, you know this.

    If you mean to say that EME simply defer to Bluehole, and Bluehole need confirmation of dissatisfaction from multiple regions before they act in the interest of their international players, then I am not hopeful that we will see major positive change. The inherent fallacy in that logic is that because different regions of the game such as EU and Russia opt to do more than EME, there will be less, if any, communal turmoil about the state of the game.

    1. consumables to significantly reduce difficulty of dungeons
    2. strong and original sources of materials
    3. passive buffs in the "challenge" dungeons on a full-time basis
    4. meaningful and well-received "pro bono" events that also yield significant materials or progression by other means

    are some of the reasons why other regions will get significantly less negative feedback from Bluehole.

    It is rather the point for more materials to interfere with game design, being that the game design at this moment is unappealing to a wide breadth of the North American playerbase. There should be a certain faith in the players that if there were not a notable issue, we would not be pushing for more mats as feverishly as we are. The insistence to "stay the course" comes across like we are believed to want complete best-in-slot gear handed to us. I'm sure you know such is not the case, but to say acknowledgement from EME on this subject would be appreciated, would be an understatement.
  • edited December 7
    McOnosRep wrote: »
    Still I assume stuff like permanent double vanguards or increasing the amount of gold/silver talents in strongbox rewards can be done by EME fairly easily if they really want.

    Highly doubt they'll do permanent double anything anymore; days of permanent events are basically gone. They are intentionally trying to keep the game closer to the BHS defaults, hence rotating temporary events instead.

    Increasing amount of talents in strongboxes they probably could do if they think they're not being opened enough by people, though. They have been adjusting the strongboxes from time to time to make the more appealing in the last year.

    6AWC3DP9PR wrote: »
    If you mean to say that EME simply defer to Bluehole, and Bluehole need confirmation of dissatisfaction from multiple regions before they act in the interest of their international players, then I am not hopeful that we will see major positive change. The inherent fallacy in that logic is that because different regions of the game such as EU and Russia opt to do more than EME, there will be less, if any, communal turmoil about the state of the game.

    I don't think there's actually a fallacy in this because publishers (incl. EU and RU) would much rather make their own lives easier if they could. If BHS did "the right thing" so they didn't have to do extra work, it'd be way better for them. So there will always be pressure even from those markets to push BHS when what they're doing isn't seen as appealing, even if they end up taking action to intervene anyway. It's not like they want to intervene (it's pure cost for them), they just do it because they think it'll make them more money in the end. EME is also doing what they think will make the more money in the end, but I think their "TERA picture" is partially clouded by also having to think about console (and their overall business priorities), so custom intervention for PC can't be leveraged over the long-term (it's just pure sunk cost).

    6AWC3DP9PR wrote: »
    It is rather the point for more materials to interfere with game design, being that the game design at this moment is unappealing to a wide breadth of the North American playerbase. There should be a certain faith in the players that if there were not a notable issue, we would not be pushing for more mats as feverishly as we are. The insistence to "stay the course" comes across like we are believed to want complete best-in-slot gear handed to us. I'm sure you know such is not the case, but to say acknowledgement from EME on this subject would be appreciated, would be an understatement.

    I think everyone's well aware that we are the market that actually did have the "easy road" for many years last gear cycle, with many big events that all-but handed BiS gear to people (and sometimes did!). But it's not like this was without consequence either -- it created an "it's only worth it to play during events" effect, and constant complaints about being "bored." Even markets like EU realize that you can't just make gearing easier and that's it -- that's why they're creating their own extreme content to fill the gap. So, no I don't think they interpret the feedback as people "wanting BiS handed to them," but more like they recognize that BHS's design has made the gear grind itself the game right now, and if they cut that short, they've got nothing else to offer in its place. As much as people complain loudly about all this (and rightly so! the cost and RNG are just hateful!), I'd also be prepared to wager that playtime among regular/veteran players is probably higher now because of the extra grind. Plus, as crass as this is, people feeling the pain for mats probably also helps them sell more things like strongbox keys and those gem/talent boxes, which is probably more necessary now that BHS dramatically cut back on cosmetic output. (If they made mats much easier to get in-game, they'd have to bump up the contents of strongboxes even more so they'd feel worth it, and it greats a sort of feedback loop. EU addressed this problem by having unique strongboxes drop in their custom content that can take cash shop keys.)


    Anyway, I don't know the answer. I definitely agree that what BHS has done with the gearing system is hurtful and makes people resent playing the game, and this isn't good for the game and its reputation. At the same time, from a business PoV, I certainly can see that intervening to create your own game balance requires a lot of planning to do well and not screw progression up (as happened frequently here in the past), plus is a pure cost that can't be leveraged for anything else. So, it seems to me that all we can do is keep providing as much vocal but constructive feedback as possible on what exactly the pain points are, and constantly lay that at EME's feet. If this aligns with their metrics and they can see clearly that the status quo is causing them to lose more money than they could make by taking another approach (either on EME or BHS's side), I expect something will change.
  • I don't think there's actually a fallacy in this because publishers (incl. EU and RU) would much rather make their own lives easier if they could. If BHS did "the right thing" so they didn't have to do extra work, it'd be way better for them. So there will always be pressure even from those markets to push BHS when what they're doing isn't seen as appealing, even if they end up taking action to intervene anyway. It's not like they want to intervene (it's pure cost for them), they just do it because they think it'll make them more money in the end. EME is also doing what they think will make the more money in the end, but I think their "TERA picture" is partially clouded by also having to think about console (and their overall business priorities), so custom intervention for PC can't be leveraged over the long-term (it's just pure sunk cost).

    I'm not really sure how this would be an issue when the console and PC builds of the game aren't even close to one another in patch chronology, though. I can only hope this is pure speculation on your part because if what you've said is true then it comes across as a weak reason to shirk on this front.
    So, no I don't think they interpret the feedback as people "wanting BiS handed to them," but more like they recognize that BHS's design has made the gear grind itself the game right now, and if they cut that short, they've got nothing else to offer in its place. As much as people complain loudly about all this (and rightly so! the cost and RNG are just hateful!), I'd also be prepared to wager that playtime among regular/veteran players is probably higher now because of the extra grind.

    And therein lay the issue. The gearing system is in no uncertain terms binary, and absent of depth. For a developer and publisher who can create positive change to evade and at times decline it speaks to a lack of pride elsewhere in the game. There is nothing to enjoy about expensive enchantment failure, and whether you eventually succeed or not, you will not forget what it cost you that RNG was simply not on your side.
    Plus, as crass as this is, people feeling the pain for mats probably also helps them sell more things like strongbox keys and those gem/talent boxes, which is probably more necessary now that BHS dramatically cut back on cosmetic output.

    That's been said before by other posters before and it may be the case, but the whole thing has rather the opposite effect for myself and other players like me. I do not spend money on the microtransactory items, knowing it would full well expedite gearing, as a matter of principle. On the other hand, with a gearing system I would consider to be reasonable as we had in the past, I spent plentily on cosmetics, and would still if the gearing system didn't feel like it "suggested" I make a transaction with each failure.

    But, if nothing else, I'm glad I have your agreement.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    6AWC3DP9PR wrote: »
    That's been said before by other posters before and it may be the case, but the whole thing has rather the opposite effect for myself and other players like me. I do not spend money on the microtransactory items, knowing it would full well expedite gearing, as a matter of principle. On the other hand, with a gearing system I would consider to be reasonable as we had in the past, I spent plentily on cosmetics, and would still if the gearing system didn't feel like it "suggested" I make a transaction with each failure.

    But, if nothing else, I'm glad I have your agreement.

    Spending less is normal for most people, the issue is changes made to get people to spend more are aimed at a minority group that spend more than several average people combined. It's how pay to win games survive even when it seems no one is spending a penny.
  • edited December 7
    6AWC3DP9PR wrote: »
    I don't think there's actually a fallacy in this because publishers (incl. EU and RU) would much rather make their own lives easier if they could. If BHS did "the right thing" so they didn't have to do extra work, it'd be way better for them. So there will always be pressure even from those markets to push BHS when what they're doing isn't seen as appealing, even if they end up taking action to intervene anyway. It's not like they want to intervene (it's pure cost for them), they just do it because they think it'll make them more money in the end. EME is also doing what they think will make the more money in the end, but I think their "TERA picture" is partially clouded by also having to think about console (and their overall business priorities), so custom intervention for PC can't be leveraged over the long-term (it's just pure sunk cost).

    I'm not really sure how this would be an issue when the console and PC builds of the game aren't even close to one another in patch chronology, though. I can only hope this is pure speculation on your part because if what you've said is true then it comes across as a weak reason to shirk on this front.

    It's all ultimately speculation -- the only people who can really speak to the reasons why are EME's management. But, from observing what's been going on, I don't think it's an unreasonable guess at the way management would see it. If console and PC actually were close to each other in patch chronology, and there were a way for this extra effort invested in custom changes for PC to also apply directly to console, it'd probably be much more likely that they'd do it, because they can "do once, use many". That's an efficient use of resources. But to make custom modifications for PC, and then whenever Console chronology catches up have to do the very same things again is double the work with lots of separate upkeep for both projects. Considering BHS and EME are in the same corporate family, I don't think they want to pay people at EME to make local changes twice when BHS should be doing it right from the start. Or, I guess to put it another way, if BHS shirks their duty in making the game fun for NA players, EME doesn't want to spend money from their own budget to cover for them -- much better to just point the finger back at the other group and blame them while focusing on maximizing value within their own scope of responsibility. Business is all about money and politics, and the customers are always stuck in the middle.

    (This is why I keep suggesting we need to keep the complaints focused on the problem itself, and not worry about whose job it is to fix it. If the complaints are loud enough, the problem is clear enough, and the metrics support it, they'll eventually have some meeting and figure it out. But it has to be so clear that it's truly a problem that even BHS can't deny it.)

    6AWC3DP9PR wrote: »
    That's been said before by other posters before and it may be the case, but the whole thing has rather the opposite effect for myself and other players like me. I do not spend money on the microtransactory items, knowing it would full well expedite gearing, as a matter of principle. On the other hand, with a gearing system I would consider to be reasonable as we had in the past, I spent plentily on cosmetics, and would still if the gearing system didn't feel like it "suggested" I make a transaction with each failure.

    I also don't buy it, and much prefer to buy cosmetics. But the amount of cosmetics they make has gone way down (about 1/3 of the past output). For all the global publishers who need to make revenue each month to pay their salaries, they have no choice but to depend more on the microtransactions regardless. And even though I don't like these microtransactions, it's clear that they're selling well. Nearly the entire reason the price of talents dropped to the degree it did was because of adding the cash shop talent boxes and bumping up the value of talent strongbox (so, sale of keys). In the end, as much as people like you and me complain and find it distasteful, they'll trust the metrics. The pitfall of F2P.
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    I think they just don't care that this region is dying, and that they're milking the whales for as much as they can for as long as they can. They barely batted an eyelash when a bunch of people cried and quit over the proxy debacle or ran over to EU where players over there actively recruited players from NA. A lot of their decisions don't make any sense, and they don't listen to 99% of the feedback given to them.

    They won't even give us simple things like permanent keen motes in IOD, and it apparently kills them to give us enchanting events for SC users like EU got. Our 'community managers' don't even play the game and their ignorance of it shows constantly. They don't bother updating our dressing room even though EU's is full and 99% complete; someone too lazy to do it I'm sure. Of course us players aren't worth the effort. The store is pathetic too, and since the whales support the borderline criminal gambling lootboxes, they prefer to have our store loaded up with 10x more cancer loot-boxes then actual items. I had to literally jump through hoops and perform circus tricks to get all the dyeable outfits I wanted on my character, whereas in every other game I've ever played I could just straight-up buy the outfits and dye them. I even sent in a ticket complaining about it: put the damn dyeable outfits as a direct-buy option please. And all I got in response was a generic "thank you for your feedback, we'll forward it to the team" response. Yeah, thanks.

    Don't get me started with gearing. I'll point out yet again there's pretty much zero methods in getting silver talents in the game via pve. I'm not spamming RG and the other super low i-level dungeons just for a few silver talents here and there, I'd die from boredom. Why don't gold talents and silver talents drop in the higher i-level dungeons? Why are the drops so paltry? Why aren't the rarer items added to shops like metamorphic or guardian? You can buy EE and Veltroch or whatever with BG credits. BHS should add those as a buy option for credit shops like VG, or guardian for people who just prefer pve because some of us aren't geared enough yet to run the higher i-levels for those materials, or some just don't have the time to run them. (And yeah you need at least EE for when you're enchanting SC).

    There's something really wrong with the company. EME and BHS, whatever the hell is responsible; however, its clear that NA's region is poorly handled. But I shouldn't be surprised anymore by now, I'm used to this poor and incompetent handling/treatment by Korean developer/publisher companies as a gamer in the western market.
  • Vy1Vivi wrote: »
    They barely batted an eyelash when a bunch of people cried and quit over the proxy debacle or ran over to EU where players over there actively recruited players from NA.

    In fairness to them, they very nearly bent over backwards to try to appease that angry mob, and reversed course nearly 100% (created a loophole for many uses of third-party programs, unbanned people who had only used but not abused the tools, removed Xigncode, made an attempt to reach out to people in the community, etc.). People are still mad about the fact it happened in the first place, but I think it's a bit unfair to act like they didn't listen to people on that.

    Vy1Vivi wrote: »
    I even sent in a ticket complaining about it: put the damn dyeable outfits as a direct-buy option please. And all I got in response was a generic "thank you for your feedback, we'll forward it to the team" response. Yeah, thanks.

    Well, I doubt you'd really expect they'd change their whole marketing strategy because you sent in a ticket. This year there have been a number of experiments with taking rare cosmetics out of lootboxes directly. I really wish they had been successful enough to prompt them to change the strategy, but it remains just an occasional promotion not a store-wide change. As you say "the whales support the borderline criminal gambling lootboxes." Until that changes, I doubt they will.


    Anyway, I'm not trying to defend them or the game for all the many flaws. They refuse to tailor the game for Western market tastes and it embitters people, so they'll continue to get this same kind of reaction (which, in fairness, they've gotten to some degree from even before the game launched and all along).
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8
    So, it seems to me that all we can do is keep providing as much vocal but constructive feedback as possible on what exactly the pain points are, and constantly lay that at EME's feet. If this aligns with their metrics and they can see clearly that the status quo is causing them to lose more money than they could make by taking another approach (either on EME or BHS's side), I expect something will change.

    Nop, we're tired of providing "constructive feedback".
    I think the best thing we can do is just stop playing the game and especially stop spending any money in the cash shop.
    We can do the same thing we did in the DMCA fiasco and let EME/BHS think for a bit what they want with NA Tera..

    And if you ask me, gearing on VM days was FAIR, we could gear to BIS playing the game, now they expect us to spend money selling EMP to speed the gearing to a reasonable level cuz there's no point to grind a whole year for a gear that'll last 6 months..
    Nowadays i'm pretty sure the majority of income from EME come from this stupid grindy gearing system and the game is WAY more P2W than it ever been.
    I take the "easy" gearing of mongo/vm6 days over this garbage p2w system any day of the week. Was it too easy? Np, after i was done with my main i could always start learning and gearing a new class and make the game fun, now i can't even gear my main anymore and i'm locked out from 4~5 star dungeons unless i spend serious money in the game cuz i'm not stupid to grind 8hrs+/day on a videogame.
    In fact the biggest reason i stick so long with Tera was the combat system and easy of endgame gearing, now they want to make it a true 2006 era korean grind af experience so plz BHS go ahead and count with your whale playerbase only cuz i (and a LOT of NA playerbase) got no time for it.
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    edited December 8
    In fairness to them, they very nearly bent over backwards to try to appease that angry mob, and reversed course nearly 100% (created a loophole for many uses of third-party programs, unbanned people who had only used but not abused the tools, removed Xigncode, made an attempt to reach out to people in the community, etc.). People are still mad about the fact it happened in the first place, but I think it's a bit unfair to act like they didn't listen to people on that.

    "Too little too late." They waited WAY too long to step back and acknowledge their mistakes/attempt to rectify their screw-ups. By then it had gotten way too out of hand and the population will never recover because of that. And I'm not talking about all of the mass banning they did, I mean years ago when they could have put their foot down from the get-go and take a firm stance on the issue. Instead they let months and years go by with people cheating and using their proxies, and all of a sudden now they wanted to fix things. But sure, better late than never.
    Well, I doubt you'd really expect they'd change their whole marketing strategy because you sent in a ticket. This year there have been a number of experiments with taking rare cosmetics out of lootboxes directly. I really wish they had been successful enough to prompt them to change the strategy, but it remains just an occasional promotion not a store-wide change. As you say "the whales support the borderline criminal gambling lootboxes." Until that changes, I doubt they will.

    I get that you're not trying to defend them, but you can't make any excuse on their part in regards to this. The whales support the loot-boxes, and that's fine, but there is NO excuse for not having the outfits available for direct-purchase as well. You know what a simple solution would be to make everyone happy?
    Include both in the flipping store.
    Its not like they haven't already done it! They've done it twice since I returned to the game (three if you count an elin outfit, but I don't care about elins). They did it with one of the Halloween costumes, and they're doing it right now with the dyeable frost suit. The dyeable frost suit is the main example because they actually have the loot-box included this time, and guess what - not only do I see plenty of players buying the direct-buy version (including myself), but I also see tons using the lootbox anyway. I don't see a loss at all on their part here. They're not being smart or fair at all with this.
    (which, in fairness, they've gotten to some degree from even before the game launched and all along).

    This is the only thing I disagree with. Back when I played around f2p launch time you didn't even get close to the bitterness and complaints you have today. The differences between how the game was back then and how it is now is like night and day; and the game back then and now each have their good and bad points. Only main difference though is that the community wasn't unhappy with EME's performance back then as it is now.

  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8
    Vy1Vivi wrote: »
    I get that you're not trying to defend them, but you can't make any excuse on their part in regards to this. The whales support the loot-boxes, and that's fine, but there is NO excuse for not having the outfits available for direct-purchase as well. You know what a simple solution would be to make everyone happy?
    >>>>>>>>>>Include both in the flipping store.<<<<<<<<<<
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    not going to try and defend counterpoint or eme
    but for a while they did and the people that whined to get the loot box versions in the store at a direct buy
    so they DID trial this
    then all that whined to get them there then whined at how expensive they were and not many bought them
    so they stayed with loot boxes as they arnt going to drop the prices of them to justify selling direct at a low direct-purchase price

    that's alsp why lots (and I don't understand why as its digital content and takes no upkeep) the store got thinned out of other stuff too as people just arnt buying the stuff
    i suppose the only thing they did achieve removing the other store items was less store maintenance
  • Dvsv wrote: »
    So, it seems to me that all we can do is keep providing as much vocal but constructive feedback as possible on what exactly the pain points are, and constantly lay that at EME's feet. If this aligns with their metrics and they can see clearly that the status quo is causing them to lose more money than they could make by taking another approach (either on EME or BHS's side), I expect something will change.

    Nop, we're tired of providing "constructive feedback".
    I think the best thing we can do is just stop playing the game and especially stop spending any money in the cash shop.

    That's exactly what I meant by aligning with their metrics. If people complain on the forum, but the actual numbers show that as a result of the change people are playing more hours and spending more money, what do you think they're going to believe? As they say, talk is cheap. These F2P gaming companies all live and die by the metrics.


    Vy1Vivi wrote: »
    "Too little too late." They waited WAY too long to step back and acknowledge their mistakes/attempt to rectify their screw-ups.

    People could say the same thing about anything, so it's not really constructive. You have to take the victories you get. If they do finally hear the outcry about gearing and make changes, rather than "too little too late" it's "better late than never." Otherwise, as above, you have to just give up (and no doubt some people will).

    Vy1Vivi wrote: »
    I get that you're not trying to defend them, but you can't make any excuse on their part in regards to this. The whales support the loot-boxes, and that's fine, but there is NO excuse for not having the outfits available for direct-purchase as well. You know what a simple solution would be to make everyone happy?
    Include both in the flipping store.
    Its not like they haven't already done it! They've done it twice since I returned to the game (three if you count an elin outfit, but I don't care about elins). They did it with one of the Halloween costumes, and they're doing it right now with the dyeable frost suit. The dyeable frost suit is the main example because they actually have the loot-box included this time, and guess what - not only do I see plenty of players buying the direct-buy version (including myself), but I also see tons using the lootbox anyway. I don't see a loss at all on their part here. They're not being smart or fair at all with this.

    I really do wish that were the case, truly. After the last year of experiments, and monitoring the response on Discord, this forum, and elsewhere, I'm no longer sure that it would actually work out.

    Whales support lootboxes because they can get something rare/valuable from them. It's not because they like lootboxes in particular. But having the rare/valuable item direct-listed places a cap on the value of what they can win, which also puts a cap on what other players in game will trade for the prize. So having an inexpensive "buy out" option always alongside lootboxes changes the dynamics a lot. (This is why gacha games that have a failure cap typically set the failure cap very high, not at a "logical" buy-out price.)

    From the point of view of those who might buy for cash, from what I've seen this year, having the direct-buy items listed on the store only seems to draw attention to how expensive rares (normally) are. For highly desirable rares, taking it out of lootboxes to direct-list is seen as a value, and veterans jump on it (even if it's expensive). But for less-desirable cosmetics, it seems it just causes people to do the "this is the price of an entire game" comparison -- even when having both options listed -- to a degree that didn't happen when it was only the lootbox.

    (The frost suit costume is a special case because they determined from the get-go that it probably wouldn't be that desirable at normal prices, so they sold it from the start at this lower rate (and offered both the cheaper lootbox and the cheaper direct-buy). It's also seasonal so gets added appeal that way. )

    One thing that was recommended in the past is to have the lootbox be a way to get the items early and then have them move to direct-buy automatically after <x> period of time. If they had new highly-desirable cosmetics, that might be an option that bypasses a bit of the trouble, but they'd need to find the right way to label things so that people's attention isn't immediately drawn to it.

    I really wish they did as you said and always had a direct-buy option, as that would be what I would do as well. I also say they need to post the odds and implement failure caps on lootboxes. But in the end, I really don't think EME is intentionally leaving any money on the table right now, and I know they have people focused full-time on asking these kinds of questions and doing experiments to see what the actual data tells them about people's buying habits. So that's why I don't think they'll just do it because you sent in a ticket or because we say so on the forum.

    This is the only thing I disagree with. Back when I played around f2p launch time you didn't even get close to the bitterness and complaints you have today. The differences between how the game was back then and how it is now is like night and day; and the game back then and now each have their good and bad points. Only main difference though is that the community wasn't unhappy with EME's performance back then as it is now.

    I would go back further to the game's original P2P launch (and before it) to look at the sentiment that caused the game to nearly fail after original launch. Every time the game's "Korean grinder" heritage has come out, it's caused a lot of bitterness. As you noted, after F2P launch and for a while there, there was a period where they seemed to side-step that to some degree and people seemed happier -- partly just the influx of people, the fact they were able to pull together things like P2P tournaments to give people something to work towards, and other in-game events that took the focus off the game proper. But yeah, now that that has passed, we're back to the very start where the game's roots are showing and people don't like it, and this time EME doesn't seem able/willing to try to mask it.
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.