[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/17 at 8am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Why are Premium EMP baits untradeable?

Bought some expecting them to be tradeable to share with my buddy, but they are completetly untradeable... Like, everything else in the EMP store is tradeable, why are baits an exception? Doesn't make much sense seeing how EMP buying/selling is such a big thing, so people who don't know are going to scam themselves.

Comments

• metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    probably a precaution to players filing reports about getting "scammed" by buying a single bait for 20k on broker.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol popo bait :3
  • vkobe wrote: »
    lol popo bait :3

They were going to try "Elin Bait" but the smell scared the fish away LOL
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    so popo are food since bhs confirm it :3
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    popo is best food for elins
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Does this bait give some advantage vs the free in game bait?
    Cuz they slowly turning the game into a pay to win model since they made that 100% exp boost exclusive to cash shop, maybe it's the same idea..
  • well you can craft 80% ones ( well yu need enchant fish rod)

but is expensive to craft
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    > @vkobe said:
    > lol popo bait :3

I feel this is :o bait :3
  • Dvsv wrote: »
    Does this bait give some advantage vs the free in game bait?
    Cuz they slowly turning the game into a pay to win model since they made that 100% exp boost exclusive to cash shop, maybe it's the same idea..

They give an ABSURD advantage over the free ones. 25% BAF chance boost on the 200 EMP one and 30% on the 250 one (each set comes with 200 baits), each BAF netting you 30 angler tokens + 50 fillets is a ridiculous boost in progress speed. It would take days, maybe even weeks, for a player who's only using free ingame baits to reach the kind of progress someone who buys a single stack of those baits could get in a couple hours.

They're a little less meaningful later on if you have your rod(s) fully upgraded up to 8 and Bait V since you can still get nearly 100% chance on high-grade and you can get like 25~fillets from a high grade regular fish, but still, the boost they give to BAFs is still be pretty gamebreaking, especially early on. Getting 30 tokens from a single fish while most players from your level are getting 1-2 will let you upgrade your rods and get all designs etc in a heartbeat. Plus you can carry 1000 of them at a time, opposed to the regular 40.
  • Sniped

You are exaggerating. If you really want the boost you could pay as little as $10 and get 1000 baits (and trust me that's a LOT of bait).

Besides, even if you don't use store bait you can still catch BAFs without the premium lure. I caught some with and without it.

Its still hard to catch without reducing difficulty which will require you to either buy the dish or craft it yourself. Crafting the dish requires at least 1,200 fish fillets to reach artisan.

There's literally no money to be made if you continue buying the difficulty dish.
  • Yeah, and you can get enough fillets for artisan in less than an hour with premium baits. The most annoying part in the test is getting the Harmony Grass, but you can also get both them and the Cobseeds done in under an hour.

You can catch BAFs without the baits, sure, but it won't be a 25% chance. With them you can rush your rod upgrades at least 15 times faster than a freebait player. So I don't think it was an exaggeration, they really have a HUGE impact.

You don't have to buy billions of them, sure, 10$ should be more than enough to reach a point where you can do just fine without them, but it's still an absurd boost compared to people who started out on regular ones.
  • Guees, soon come stormcry rod and heroic oath rod that needs 1.000.000 item xp and 100k fillest to get super heoric fish xd.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    The soup is at 2k at the broker and going down in price by the day..

And anyone can get a stack of x200 Popo Bait to mix with Fish Soup and get Artisan Cooking only from that ( we also get some EMP from elite so it is not like there are not options ).

My only wish is that they could have added some sort of discount more like strongbox keys to be able to buy x1000 Popo Bait for example and pay 20% less than normal with the idea that someone could buy 1000 EMP and spend all of that on Popo Bait ( yes, some of us are into fishing that much ).
  • well , for f2p player like me is a pain get this soup dis ( less time and less dificult)
    cuz you need artisan cooking for get craft and a loot of fishing for reacht