[TERA PC] Kaia’s War—the latest content update for TERA PC—is now live! This patch brings a host of improvements to PvP, including increased rewards for battleground victories and Civil Unrest: Velika. Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/v92_notes

Data on Christmas Boxes

I'm making this topic in hopes that those of us with more money than sense (like myself) can share data on the rates that items appear in lootboxes, so others can be better informed. Even if you don't have screenshots of the box openings and all four cards, even just the results can help people gauge the worth of these boxes as well.

Here's the results of my 10 lootboxes:

OkZqlp5.png
2vir351.png
DvkBzz2.png
1Z6AJhj.png
UomJQI0.png
ffjOrgA.png
Dd1lTaG.png
YSPcwBG.png
MH4IveT.png
8Zuni3u.png

Comments

• ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    You dodged all of the dyad structures. lucky you.
  • SerenadeSerenade ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    You dodged all of the dyad structures. lucky you.

I did, though from what I've seen they don't appear that often (which is good). Need data from others to confirm this though.

The metamorphic boxes (untradable) appearing so often, on the other hand...
  • edited December 2018
    P6ZWn9n.png
    body too short
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    I opened a box for myself yesterday and just narrowly dodged getting dyads.
  • Wondering who are the luckies to win emp
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    Almost every single time theres a 25% chance to get a dud. Oof. Lucky you dodged most of those.
  • I am afraid like probably many other players since we live with the thought that "i can be the one" and get a sweet dyad reward ( i also do not like the metamorphic one ).

Maybe, we will see the dyads and metamorphic emblems removed so we can get gift boxes with some ease at heart but then that will be unfair to those that already got dyads and metamorphic emblems.

What a shame...
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    >people complain about the dud reward
    >1 day later
    >people buying them by the dozen
    See, this is why it'll never change. Thanks for the data though.
  • voidy wrote: »
    >1 day later

And that is hard to understand...

In my case, i wanted to get a few gift boxes along with some extra popo bait but the thought that i can get dyads makes me angry and it will escalate further if that thought will become reality.

Anyway, why would you upset a portion of your buyers and drive them away when your business could be flourishing?
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    voidy wrote: »
    >1 day later

Just thinking about all of the stuff I could buy with $200. Even though she dodged the dud prizes, none of that really seemed worth the cost. If only I liked bright green, but I don't. I am not trying to be mean, but $25 for meta chests, gold talents and weapon skins. smh Even the pale writer dress just leaves me wonder, "what were they thinking?" Sorry, but I just don't get it.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Im gonna keep saying this. The whole point of the gifting center is to have some like, getting into the spirit of gifting, but even i would be discouraged to see such an underwhelming "reward" as a gift for my friends.

I as the one who gifts, do not wanna see my friends getting something they can get in minutes, nor i wanna be gifted the same if someone is kind enough to give me a gift box.

The dyads need to go poof.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Christin wrote: »
    >1 day later

Just thinking about all of the stuff I could buy with $200. Even though she dodged the dud prizes, none of that really seemed worth the cost. If only I liked bright green, but I don't. I am not trying to be mean, but $25 for meta chests, gold talents and weapon skins. smh Even the pale writer dress just leaves me wonder, "what were they thinking?" Sorry, but I just don't get it.

Heck, to get the title you have to gift 25 of those things. That's 500 dollars. You could buy a nintendo switch, a copy of smash ultimate, a gamecube controller, gamecube adapters, another 60 dollar game, and still have 50 dollars left over to cover the sales tax, which would still leave you with about 15 dollars left over.

... Or you could have a 'whale' title. :)
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    >1 day later

We saw this with the gem crates. For whatever reason, with this game it has become a "Those who mind don't matter" situation: we on the forums (Reddit is hilariously slow and I don't know how the other social platforms are doing) find some "techniques" from EME underhanded and outright stupid, but we aren't the ones buying literal scores of the things in question so our concerns seem to be brushed aside.

I'm sure you don't need me to finish that analogy.
  • edited December 2018
    Heck, to get the title you have to gift 25 of those things. That's 500 dollars.

...Not that it fully helps, but it's 20 boxes, and about $340. That tier also gives you a year of Elite, which would normally cost between $120 to $180 (depending on if you still have the promo price). So, net cost for the 20 gifts (assuming you would have bought Elite anyway) is between $160 and $220.

I'm still not saying it's worth it. But it's also not like you're spending $500 for a title.

• voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »
    >1 day later

We saw this with the gem crates. For whatever reason, with this game it has become a "Those who mind don't matter" situation: we on the forums (Reddit is hilariously slow and I don't know how the other social platforms are doing) find some "techniques" from EME underhanded and outright stupid, but we aren't the ones buying literal scores of the things in question so our concerns seem to be brushed aside.

I'm sure you don't need me to finish that analogy.

I doubt my opinion is even a blip on the radar at this point, since I barely log in anymore and just check in every week or so. It seemed like things were turning around for a good minute, but now idk.
    Heck, to get the title you have to gift 25 of those things. That's 500 dollars.

...Not that it fully helps, but it's 20 boxes, and about $340. That tier also gives you a year of Elite, which would normally cost between $120 to $180 (depending on if you still have the promo price). So, net cost for the 20 gifts (assuming you would have bought Elite anyway) is between $160 and $220.

I'm still not saying it's worth it. But it's also not like you're spending $500 for a title.

You're right, my bad. It is 20. The rates could vary depending on how many you buy at once, but done "smart," I suppose you really can get out of paying a full 500 dollars if you buy EMP in bulk. So, my bad. You can get a used* nintendo switch and one game for that price.