[PS4/XB1] Maintenance is now complete.
[PC] Maintenance is now complete. Log in and have fun!

Gear Revamp

Comments

• So any effort to get to T11 gear is going to be worthless?
  • spent another 8k to T11 feeds to try again nothing but fails oh well guess its all gonna be worthless in the end.....
  • LingyiLingyi ✭✭
    > @VoodooRose said:
    > spent another 8k to T11 feeds to try again nothing but fails oh well guess its all gonna be worthless in the end.....

oof, I spent about 12k t11 fds enchanting my weapon from +12 to +15 after awakening it. Based on that time's market value on the broker, the amount of fds equaled to about million gold. It's all rng.

And supposedly the gear revamp will help to lessen the rng aspect to a certain extent.
  • ExipheusExipheus Kazura (XB1 NA Lakan ) mod
    Rustigo wrote: »
    whats the pot revamp? will it make finishing the enchanting on the old equipment easier?

My apologies, I meant "post revamp". I don't believe it necessarily makes enchanting old gear easier, but you won't have to pay the 2k T12 feed awakening cost leaving with 2k more feed to use towards +15.
    VoodooRose wrote: »
    I used up all my feeds on fails to try to get my ambush to +12 obvious not even close on some of it, needless to say I'm a little nervous to try to get it there now..... lol

Have you been using minimum feed enchanting or max feed?
  • Why should we have to try and enchant with a method that takes significantly more time and effort? Yes, minimum mats enchanting is better, but that is a LOT more work. Make it easier and it might be acceptable, though I am not convinced of that. (Remember the last choice status at least instead of resetting max again IIRC.)
    edited March 15
    Why should we have to try and enchant with a method that takes significantly more time and effort? Yes, minimum mats enchanting is better, but that is a LOT more work. Make it easier and it might be acceptable, though I am not convinced of that. (Remember the last choice status at least instead of resetting max again IIRC.)

How does it take significantly more time and effort? You just go to the amount of feed you're using, and adjust it so that it's a lower number. It's less work because you're saving feed. If you use max enchant, then you're blowing through more feed, resulting in having to grind for more, thus more work. Would you rather simply select the amount of feed or go grinding for the feed needed to enchant?

If I compare two of my Deathwrack weapons that I used both methods on to prove a point, (albeit a small sample) the one I used max feed took 800 T12 feed to get to +12. The other one I used minimum enchanting on, cost me 103 T12 feed. That's about a 700 T12 feed difference or 1400 T11 feed. Which would take more time? Selecting the option every time or grinding for 1400 T11 feed? I fail to see where it takes "significantly more time and effort".
  • RustigoRustigo ✭✭
    Gonna say you were extremely lucky to use only 103 feed for min enchanting lol, took me 400 feed for min enchanting my boots to +12, can't remember how much it took for chest, those are my only two tier 12 pieces so far though rest is ambush. but still significantly less then max feed enchanting
  • +12 misery isnt a wastw of time. Itll turn into twistshard gear.

Also minimum feed stock enchanting is objectively less work, full stock enchant bonus is negligible thats why literally everyone says to do minimum.

It has statistically higher probablility to +12 your gear over brute forcing it with near equivalent success chances of a full fs enchant.

Research before saying things like that, people get confused and i cant wait till april. You cant [filtered] up the new gear.
  • LingyiLingyi ✭✭
    so with everything said and the fact that the new gear enchanting will be easier on console than on PC...

supposedly it will be cheaper to enchant post-revamp, provided that you max out on item exp, which will make the process more time consuming. Is that about right? maybe on average it'll be cheaper after revamp, but could potentially be cheaper or more costly before revamp?

I don't know I should do. It's prob too late if you haven't already hoarded feedstock and alkahest since many months ago. I suppose it is better to have a few ambush gears than one deathwrack.. unless it's your class's core gear piece (ex. weapon for dps class). Right?

I read that Frostmetal is good enough for all dungeons. Is this so? But of course, lfg expectations are much higher.

And since we will earn more gold per dungeon post-revamp, gold now is less valuable. That it is better to use up your resources and gold to try getting a head start on your gears now, then get the gold back after revamp. Yes?
  • @Exipheus
    @Maximumbooty

1. There is no need to use SES or MES to reroll gear lines, cuz after converting or upgrading u can select the lines that u want. But if i want to rerolls again, which ressource will i need?

2. After converting old to new gear or upgrading, is it still soulbind? can another character wear it?
  • > @Lingyi said:
    > so with everything said and the fact that the new gear enchanting will be easier on console than on PC...
    >
    > supposedly it will be cheaper to enchant post-revamp, provided that you max out on item exp, which will make the process more time consuming. Is that about right? maybe on average it'll be cheaper after revamp, but could potentially be cheaper or more costly before revamp?
    >
    > I don't know I should do. It's prob too late if you haven't already hoarded feedstock and alkahest since many months ago. I suppose it is better to have a few ambush gears than one deathwrack.. unless it's your class's core gear piece (ex. weapon for dps class). Right?
    >
    > I read that Frostmetal is good enough for all dungeons. Is this so?

Frostmetal is enough for low mid tier dungeons

Stormcry +5 is good for all dungeons

> @Mordrich said:
    > @Exipheus
    > @Maximumbooty
    >
    > 1. There is no need to use SES or MES to reroll gear lines, cuz after converting or upgrading u can select the lines that u want. But if i want to rerolls again, which ressource will i need?
    >
    > 2. After converting old to new gear or upgrading, is it still soulbind? can another character wear it?

Youll need semo scrolls to reroll gear lines with weapon costing the most (10)

It soul binds to that character
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18
    Lingyi wrote: »
    so with everything said and the fact that the new gear enchanting will be easier on console than on PC...

supposedly it will be cheaper to enchant post-revamp, provided that you max out on item exp, which will make the process more time consuming. Is that about right? maybe on average it'll be cheaper after revamp, but could potentially be cheaper or more costly before revamp?

I don't know I should do. It's prob too late if you haven't already hoarded feedstock and alkahest since many months ago. I suppose it is better to have a few ambush gears than one deathwrack.. unless it's your class's core gear piece (ex. weapon for dps class). Right?

I read that Frostmetal is good enough for all dungeons. Is this so? But of course, lfg expectations are much higher.

And since we will earn more gold per dungeon post-revamp, gold now is less valuable. That it is better to use up your resources and gold to try getting a head start on your gears now, then get the gold back after revamp. Yes?

I can't tell what they'll do to make gearing easier on console, but from my experience on NA PC, this gearing revamp ended being a total disaster long term and i'm pretty sure made lots of ppl quit the game.
    I mean, it started kinda "fair" esp when double VG rewards was the norm with triple VG events, we could farm the BIS SC+9 just playing the game, but they changed devs on HO/Apex1 patch and they're on a quest to make this game extremely grind a P2W since then.
    They nerfed everything to x1 VG reward with rare x2 events at the same time we needed almost 1000 golden talents per try to HO (vs 384 talents for SC+9), there was new jewelry, extremely grindy masks that you need 100+ clears just for a chance to get the CDR one, "never ending grindy EP system", lots and lots on unbankable mats just to extend the grind and kill alts, 453 iLVL req for 3 star dungeon and 456 for end-game content, HO+2~+3 which is exponentially more grindy and with a progressive LOWER sucess chances and more unbankable mats each step, etc.
    Imho the situation is so bad rn that the main source of talents on NA PC is crates from cash shop, IOD tier 1 bams is empty outside x2 events cuz nobody is dumb enough to farm 112 talents per 40 min when it take thousands just to ONE TRY at HO weapon.
    The current devs is so out of touch with their player base that they released a new PVP gear that can DOWNGRADE each enchantment attempt and nowadays almost nobody queue for the new BG.
    They think that's not enough and in the next [filtered] lv 70 patch they wanna make the game even more grindy.
    Anyway enjoy the early gear revamp/rke patch cuz imho was the last patch worth playing on Tera.

About Frost Metal and gear exp: FM/439 iLVL is enough to clear mid-tier (RKN) content but 2 patch down the line they'll raise iLVL reqs for VG rewards on newer dungeons so much that FM will be trash tier and the effective mid-tier will be a grindy af SC+7~+9.
    And later (SC gear or higher) you'll realize that this gear exp BS is just another huge useless time sink with the sole purpose to make you stop playing and gearing alts.
    Btw, you gonna earn more gold but at same time spend way way more (~3k gold per glsnm clear on PC is nothing when you spend 350k per try to ho+1)
    Imho, in the end of the day, i rly think that just a FAIL CAP or % correction chance on the old +15 system would be way better than ANYTHING they did since gear revamp patch on oct/2017.
  • Yeah tbh HO is a very long ways away so stop crying about that NOW overloading players with useless information and doom n glooming them into leaving.

If the revamped gear is easier than when i was on pc theyll probably do the same to HO IF the game lasts that long to begin with.

Chill.
  • LingyiLingyi ✭✭
    hm sounds like leading the players endlessly with an unreachable carrot, heh.

I suppose the best thing is to play the game for fun , as you feel like it, and in the moment.

Thanks for the inputs.
    Lingyi wrote: »
    hm sounds like leading the players endlessly with an unreachable carrot, heh.

I suppose the best thing is to play the game for fun , as you feel like it, and in the moment.

Thanks for the inputs.

Console has a vast majority of casual players compared to PC, so most likely things will be made a little easier. As always, best way to find out is when it gets here.