Gear Revamp

Comments

• edited March 29
    VoodooRose wrote: »
    I gave up on it, will take my chances with the new system I guess.

Same here. It was a nightmare getting my Sorceress' Ambush set up to +15, then they announced Deathwrack was coming out, shortly after that. Once I got all of the materials to craft a full set of Deathwrack for my Brawler, I got everything up to +12 and awakened everything, in preparation to continue enchanting. I have still never even gotten the weapon beyond +12, after numerous attempts and thousands of feedstock. Sometime after I had awakened everything, they came out with the announcement for the whole new enchanting system, so when I gave my Gunner a set of Deathwrack, I enchanted it to +12 and have not bothered to awaken it. After those three characters, I gave my next five favorite characters +12 Deathwrack weapons (NOT awakening them), but I am just going into the revamp with +12 Misery for the rest of their gear, because it is just too much work for anything higher for the rest of them. The rest of my characters after that just have +12 Misery weapons and gear, but from what I have read that should convert to sufficient gear for just farming tokens and stuff, which is all they need. I am waiting for the new system, to try finishing up Deathwrack. I am going to save up some feedstock and alkahest, then once I can "play around" a little with the new system, experimenting with the weapons first, then I will figure out if it is worth continuing to enchant the Deathwrack gear up with feedstock and alkahest before converting it to the new gear system, or just go ahead and convert the gear and trade the remaining feedstock in for entropic emblems. "IF" I am understanding what I have read, then when revamp hits we should still be able to continue enchanting our current gear with feedstock and alkahest before we convert it. I have seen conflicting theories whether or not we may have a slightly better chance of enchanting after revamp, but I guess I will find out after revamp actually hits.

At least I have been reading that some of the new enchanting materials (at least the gems) can be crafted. I actually love the gathering and crafting in this game, and I do a lot of it, so I am looking forward to seeing the designs for the enchanting materials, and if the ingredients to craft those items are not too difficult to obtain, then I will have a lot of fun crafting even more materials, especially if I will be able to use my crafted materials to upgrade my equipment. I have had masters in all four crafts for quite a while, so at least I am ready for that part of the revamp.
  • LingyiLingyi ✭✭
    just want to update..

after 12.5k fds (and 6.25k alk, ofc) and additional maybe 800k gold worth of resources.. my dw weapon hit +15. I can't say I "earned" it bc it's rng. Do I deserve it? that's not for me to say. But I can say that I got lucky and that I am glad I got something in the end.

I wish everyone luck.
  • @Lingyi - That is a LOT, but at least you got it. CONGRATULATIONS! :):+1:

• This is the video on the new system :) Honestly it doesn't look that bad but the gold is going to be rough to come by since well some of us went broke trying to get ready for the update....
  • ExipheusExipheus Kazura (XB1 NA Lakan ) mod

This is the video on the new system :) Honestly it doesn't look that bad but the gold is going to be rough to come by since well some of us went broke trying to get ready for the update....

I believe vanguards will offer more gold as a reward.
  • > @VoodooRose said:
    > This is the video on the new system :) Honestly it doesn't look that bad but the gold is going to be rough to come by since well some of us went broke trying to get ready for the update....

Guardian legion missions will easily fill your pockets

Vanguards as well after they are buffed
  • Great thanks :)
  • good job enmasse.it is worse than pc.
    PC:Guardian weapon form 0 to 1 need(Golden Talent*7,Wood Scrap*7,112 gold)
    PS4:Guardian weapon form 0 to 1 need(Golden Talent*20,Wood Scrap*10,1023 gold)

i think is time to uninstall TERA
  • Dismantling certain items are not giving emblem thingies (lol)
    Much more costly than I originally thought considering I went broke trying to get my gear up before the update hit so many failures ….
    Anniversary items in store are loot boxes or is store not update yet ?
    Reading the discord and compared item conversions and what not...
    Elin gunner is cute and I like the racoon look :)
  • Exipheus wrote: »

This is the video on the new system :) Honestly it doesn't look that bad but the gold is going to be rough to come by since well some of us went broke trying to get ready for the update....

It's quite the opposite. 412 vanguard dungeon quests were giving 600 gold on PC, while on console they are 200g, that's a 3 times less reward. And guardian legion jewel box guaranteed to contain 2 rubies on PC, while on console they mostly give 1 ruby, which is 2 times less reward.
    Console players gonna have a hard time farming gold needed to gear up...
  • Exipheus wrote: »

It's quite the opposite. 412 vanguard dungeon quests were giving 600 gold on PC, while on console they are 200g, that's a 3 times less reward. And guardian legion jewel box guaranteed to contain 2 rubies on PC, while on console they mostly give 1 ruby, which is 2 times less reward.
    Console players gonna have a hard time farming gold needed to gear up...

Today in 5 hours I did 10k. I had to sell rubies and emeralds to upgrade my Twistshard to Frostmetal, but I don't think it's that difficult to farm gold... true is, I still have to upgrade this gear and maybe it will take more money and failed attempts :s
  • FlanneryEU wrote: »
    Today in 5 hours I did 10k. I had to sell rubies and emeralds to upgrade my Twistshard to Frostmetal, but I don't think it's that difficult to farm gold... true is, I still have to upgrade this gear and maybe it will take more money and failed attempts :s

is it 10k because you sell rubies and emeralds? if you sell them and finally you have to get them back to upgrade gear.
  • newmember wrote: »
    FlanneryEU wrote: »

is it 10k because you sell rubies and emeralds? if you sell them and finally you have to get them back to upgrade gear.

Yes, but with my guild we are gonna craft them, so maybe it wouldn't be so difficult to have them back :/
  • So what are the main ways to make gold now? Beside selling EMP and assuming that you have twistshard gear, don't have a party to run dungeons with.
    From what I've tried, guardian missions are more or less good, I was getting 2-3 chests on each quest with my +5 twistshard weapon, which is 1 ruby and some gear xp. You may need to spend some of the earned gold on hp pots though, depending on how much boss gonna spin around during the fight.
    Dungeons. Lilith and Kalivan don't take much time to clear, a skilled dps can carry an entire party through there pretty fast and you get 450 gold, some gear xp from vanguard and some drop from the dungeons themselves. But IM seems to be dead for dps classes, sometimes need 30+ minutes for queue to pop up. I tried to apply to lfg with my 433 gear a few times but never got an invite. Probably this is a better option for tank or healer classes.
    Island of dawn bams. Teralith bams are quite easy to kill for dps classes since they are quite static and mostly stand still and these quests give you some gold and gear xp as well. You can also farm tokens to get etchings. Higher level bams may be more profitable, I remember nagas were relatively easy to kill, but I haven't got enough gearscore to do them.
    Tried to run Pit of Petrax several times, it dropped 3-2 rubies and 1 liquid metal each time. Didn't take much time to clear with twistshard weap, but the boss was quite annoying since it is mostly immune to CC so it was hard to hit him from the back on my sorc.
    So this is pretty much it from what I've found. Haven't tried ghilleglade, the drop was poor there on console, from what I remember.
  • RustigoRustigo ✭✭
    I too am curious how to make gold, I'm Pretty much stuck with the extreme high cost for the next level of enchantment on my twistshard gear