Tuwangi times have been extended! Check the announcements for further details: https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/30878/pubg-x-tera-tuwangi-times-extended
TERA x PUBG is available on all platforms! Learn about our fun crossover event with here: http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-x-pubg

Golden talent issue suggestion

2»

Comments

• AluhAluh ✭✭
    If i'm not mistaken, you can buy Golden/silver talents/darics/plates from the cash shop in kTera. Not sure if it's random like the boxes that we had, or if it's the item itself, i know you buy a box but well. They have c heaper golden talents than our server. No wonder kfraton doesnt want to fix golden talents drop rate.
    If i'm wrong, some1 please correct me.
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    Aluh wrote: »
    If i'm not mistaken, you can buy Golden/silver talents/darics/plates from the cash shop in kTera. Not sure if it's random like the boxes that we had, or if it's the item itself, i know you buy a box but well. They have c heaper golden talents than our server. No wonder kfraton doesnt want to fix golden talents drop rate.
    If i'm wrong, some1 please correct me.

Idk but they might have cheaper talents cause they farm more than the lazy ones in NA lol.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    All of you forgot something important, Tera is try for free, not free to play now.
    Their money to keep servers running, comes from the sales of materials to progress faster.
    Thats golden, silver talents, gems, ep boosters, item xp , soon potion refills points, partner points skill polished ep. And more.

Its free try for Stormcry+5 beyond that they expect you spend real money on the game.
    Thats why guardian gear low tier, twishard mid tier , stormcry high gear, max tier heroic only a pay feature.

Is not only costumes sales anymore. This is a mobile pay system game now.

Explain to me then how i am full Heroic Oath and almost all Ethereal jewelry, without having spent any money at all on those scammy loot boxes for gold talents and plates.

I disagree with the sale of progression items through the shop, but that doesn't mean i am "forced" to use that method to progress. The entire progression can be done entirely free if you know what you are doing and what to farm, plus the VGs give enough gold to buy stuff you need from the broker.
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    All of you forgot something important, Tera is try for free, not free to play now.
    Their money to keep servers running, comes from the sales of materials to progress faster.
    Thats golden, silver talents, gems, ep boosters, item xp , soon potion refills points, partner points skill polished ep. And more.

Its free try for Stormcry+5 beyond that they expect you spend real money on the game.
    Thats why guardian gear low tier, twishard mid tier , stormcry high gear, max tier heroic only a pay feature.

Is not only costumes sales anymore. This is a mobile pay system game now.

Explain to me then how i am full Heroic Oath and almost all Ethereal jewelry, without having spent any money at all on those scammy loot boxes for gold talents and plates.

I disagree with the sale of progression items through the shop, but that doesn't mean i am "forced" to use that method to progress. The entire progression can be done entirely free if you know what you are doing and what to farm, plus the VGs give enough gold to buy stuff you need from the broker.

agree 100%
  • > @Zoknahal said:
    > Gatokatzen wrote: »
    >
    > All of you forgot something important, Tera is try for free, not free to play now.
    > Their money to keep servers running, comes from the sales of materials to progress faster.
    > Thats golden, silver talents, gems, ep boosters, item xp , soon potion refills points, partner points skill polished ep. And more.
    >
    > Its free try for Stormcry+5 beyond that they expect you spend real money on the game.
    > Thats why guardian gear low tier, twishard mid tier , stormcry high gear, max tier heroic only a pay feature.
    >
    > Is not only costumes sales anymore. This is a mobile pay system game now.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Explain to me then how i am full Heroic Oath and almost all Ethereal jewelry, without having spent any money at all on those scammy loot boxes for gold talents and plates.
    >
    > I disagree with the sale of progression items through the shop, but that doesn't mean i am "forced" to use that method to progress. The entire progression can be done entirely free if you know what you are doing and what to farm, plus the VGs give enough gold to buy stuff you need from the broker.

lol you killed your friends post with that comment, according to you golden talents and silver talents must be nerfed immediately. Cause you can get tons For free.
    So why is an issues and the point of this post ehhh.

Die by own hand, lovely.
  • edited February 13
    Cause you can get tons For free.

Honestly, that is the problem with this issue. This whole thing is about just how difficult/time-consuming the gearing process should be in order to encourage more people to want to play and to want to play more. BHS wants BiS gear to be something only achievable by like the 1% of the 1% - to be a crowning achievement after months of blood, sweat, and tears. It is possible to get there without any paying anything, but it's unbelievably onerous and painful. But you relay that to BHS and they're like "yeah, that's exactly what we wanted; working as intended."

What people here want is entirely different model where gear isn't this endless painful ordeal, but a means to an end. That way more people will participate in high-end, competitive PvE content, and will be able to gear more alts. Many people argue this would make the game more enjoyable to play and encourage more playtime. (Personally, I agree.) But this sort of design goal (making BiS gear more accessible) is completely opposed to and incompatible with BHS's design goal (making BiS gear more rare). And, in this case, EME decided that BHS gets to decide.

So all this is why we're at an impasse on this issue. Gear is possible, even as F2P, it just sucks. BHS wants it to suck. EME doesn't want to mess with BHS's decisions. Endless loop... That isn't to say there won't be events here and there, I assume, but the fundamental problem comes down to BHS's design goal and EME's choice to let them choose. The fact that a lot of people in threads like this are the very ones who actually did go through all the work themselves are sort of proving BHS's point unintentionally.
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    Melyodis wrote: »
    the lazy ones

Lazy has nothing to do with it. The problem is that the content required to progress just isn't any fun. You know the point to playing a game is to have fun, right? I have a full time job, thanks. When I come home, I want to unwind, not start another full time job.
  • thats their new Bussiness model, make hard mode dugens and special armors, level 70, polished skills. Partner systems. EP points dugen refill points.
    As a gear progression barrier ,to made people spend money in faster progression.
    We cannot do nothing. Thats Krafton an Bluehole new Bussiness
    Model.

I said cause i used to play jurassic world the game.mobile, In the past you can progress faster and enjoy the game, now you need tolmuch time, to get what we used to get in that game. Before nerf on free materials.

Same as pvp in Tera the first pvp battleground box for gear progression used to gift a lot of golden silver or materials to progress.

New ones gift 5%of the old boxes content. Means more time required for everything.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭
    Cause you can get tons For free.

Honestly, that is the problem with this issue. This whole thing is about just how difficult/time-consuming the gearing process should be in order to encourage more people to want to play and to want to play more. BHS wants BiS gear to be something only achievable by like the 1% of the 1% - to be a crowning achievement after months of blood, sweat, and tears. It is possible to get there without any paying anything, but it's unbelievably onerous and painful. But you relay that to BHS and they're like "yeah, that's exactly what we wanted; working as intended."

What people here want is entirely different model where gear isn't this endless painful ordeal, but a means to an end. That way more people will participate in high-end, competitive PvE content, and will be able to gear more alts. Many people argue this would make the game more enjoyable to play and encourage more playtime. (Personally, I agree.) But this sort of design goal (making BiS gear more accessible) is completely opposed to and incompatible with BHS's design goal (making BiS gear more rare). And, in this case, EME decided that BHS gets to decide.

So all this is why we're at an impasse on this issue. Gear is possible, even as F2P, it just sucks. BHS wants it to suck. EME doesn't want to mess with BHS's decisions. Endless loop... That isn't to say there won't be events here and there, I assume, but the fundamental problem comes down to BHS's design goal and EME's choice to let them choose. The fact that a lot of people in threads like this are the very ones who actually did go through all the work themselves are sort of proving BHS's point unintentionally.

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with this if gearing and progression wasn't so f**ked with barbed amani horns.

Even back during the initial release of the Awakening (back when enchantment rollback was a thing), VM gear was still considered a luxury only afforded by the most dedicated - or foolhardy, considering the aforementioned rollback - of players. You could still experience 90% of the game without it. It was good times.

These days, the game is built in such a way that you're not getting new and better equipment to gain power - you're doing so because otherwise you won't be able to keep up with the game itself. Otherwise you wouldn't "need" (in quotes because the various gear scores are what let's you get extra loot from Vangaurds as opposed to actually running the content) such exuberant equipment to run a by-the-numbers 2-star dungeon (Red Refuge, anyone?).

And then there's the acquisition of said exuberant equipment. Remember how hyped everyone was about gear XP? All that was thrown right in the toilet when it became known that after a certain point the numbers just don't add up, made even worse that it was by design. So you're running all these dungeons for XP and trying to get all these mats to finally get that big-d**k weapon that can one-shot a dungeon boss... only to be met with the realization that all that grinding just meant that you get to roll a d5 instead a d6. And the price of failing that roll is devastating and often leads to reactions like this one by your boy Filthy Frank.

And the super-casual players who just want to explore the story with their friends? Gods, help them...

So really, the only reason any of this is an issue is because the gearing system is a s**tshow on a sandwich.
  • Yea. The locked content behind a performance number is quite scummy in my opinion.
    But it working as indented, BHS are a bunch of cuntards. The real question is why are we still here.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14
    So...

At time of writing this post, I've failed 6 times to upgrade my slayer's SC greatsword.
    To +1.
    Plus f**king 1.

I have plenty of talents (and emblems to get other mats for that matter), so for me that's not the problem. As I said before, the game's current gearing system is complete bollocks, not so much the tools used in said system.

I'm just gonna leave this link here that better explains my thoughts on the matter.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    I believe I play casually, RNG seams to be good to me on all but my boots +4 to +5 , +5 to +6 around 13/14 attempts pop and looking like it'll be same to go +7 , oh well some day that alt will breach the 452i lvl
2»