[PC] We will be entering into server maintenance on 8/22 at 6am PDT. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

News on the Level 70 patch?

Comments

• TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    Reading through GF's patch notes, not only is there no real new content to go with the level cap, they're removing 75 quests from the game.
  • GatokatzenGatokatzen ✭✭✭
    According to Tera EU patch notes

"You can also open the TERA Shop via the “+” icon, where you can purchase additional Adventure Coin."
    Yes buy it, not free at all.

Instance Reset Scrolls will become ineffective with this patch. You can sell them to merchants for gold

Ouch, this sound painful, lol. Be ready to pay for play whales.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    voidy wrote: »
    Well, for anyone interested (since na will likely get a very similar patch), EU dropped patch notes in advance.
    https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/detail/patch-note-80-curse-from-the-skies

Old zones are getting a really ugly looking reskin. Dungeons are getting the 'dungeon coin' treatment. Level cap boosted. etc.
    Dunno when you guys will get this monstrosity of an 'expansion,' but consider yourselves lucky for getting it later. It looks terrible. Dungeon coins will let you run the same dungeon more times, but it appears to let you run less overall content before running out of coins. The level cap is grindy as hell and everyone already knows this. And now, to top it off, even more of the game's pretty maps are being given the island of dawn treatment, with recolored 'new' BAMs to grind for hours. Also there's a new skill upgrading system that's rumored to cost hundreds of thousands of gold, so that's great.

my god, they ruined island of dawn and pora elinu, now they going to ruin other nice places

not my tera :'(
  • edited March 26
    vkobe wrote: »
    my god, they ruined island of dawn and pora elinu, now they going to ruin other nice places

I'm not happy about this either 💔 ...

• voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, for anyone interested (since na will likely get a very similar patch), EU dropped patch notes in advance.
    https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/detail/patch-note-80-curse-from-the-skies

Old zones are getting a really ugly looking reskin. Dungeons are getting the 'dungeon coin' treatment. Level cap boosted. etc.
    Dunno when you guys will get this monstrosity of an 'expansion,' but consider yourselves lucky for getting it later. It looks terrible. Dungeon coins will let you run the same dungeon more times, but it appears to let you run less overall content before running out of coins. The level cap is grindy as hell and everyone already knows this. And now, to top it off, even more of the game's pretty maps are being given the island of dawn treatment, with recolored 'new' BAMs to grind for hours. Also there's a new skill upgrading system that's rumored to cost hundreds of thousands of gold, so that's great.

I'm not happy about this either 💔 ...

change_is_hard.jpg
    Here is a sample of what's to come. Before and after!
    PSA: Take your screenshots now, while you still can.
  • So no level 70 ... it's a just normal maintenance and nothing else people .... just go sleep :astonished:
  • edited March 26

change_is_hard.jpg
    Here is a sample of what's to come. Before and after!
    PSA: Take your screenshots now, while you still can.
    Oh my God!! My heart is beyond broken 💔 As soon as maintenance is done, I'm gonna take a plethora of pics!!!
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    > @counterpoint said:
    > sanj66 wrote: »
    >
    > Melyodis wrote: »
    >
    > sanj66 wrote: »
    >
    > kubitoid wrote: »
    >
    > castanicpriest wrote: »
    >
    > And this also probably matters: Lost Ark was released at RU
    >
    >
    >
    > it wasnt thou. i just browsed their vk page and it says that cbt starts this summer and obt will take its place later in early autumn. maybe. its being published in ru by worst publisher ever - mail.ru. so nope, no hype. also genderlock. also limited entries. no thanks. lol i can imagine grim dawn with crucible entries limited to 2-3 per day :p
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > its still better than tera, gender lock, limited entries, low player base, ignorant af and basically non existent staff, for a game with a major patch looming it looks more like a game ready to be shut down lol. not to mention instead of communicating or reading through player questions, talking about the patch/relaying patch info to their customers @KitTeaCup was soooo swamped dealing with twitch prime loot, wow, hooray for that, the ignorance of this company and its down right living in a dream world mentality is quite absurd at this point. but hey congrats on twitch prime loot right? @KitTeaCup the players that you down right ignore and fail to serve as your duty demands would surely love it......
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > let me switch gears a bit go get a life man you seem impatient to wait for major patch when it comes with bugs you get pissed same way be patient nah man castanicpriest wrote: »
    >
    > I went over at Gameforge Tera to read more about the level 70 patch notes since they usually give so much more detalied information and this is what i have found by coincidence...
    >
    > https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/detail/event-pvp-challenges-3
    >
    > In other words, they are doing what i heard so many times in the past and that is the fact that they are making the PvP gear to be much more easier to be acquired practically removing the imbalance from the players with +7 PvP gear and the players with +9 PvP gear by giving more PvP materials to players and obviously counter the ridiculous enchanting rates that were inherently given by the developer.
    >
    >
    > p.s. i am still at +6 after using more than 3k plates since the PvP gear was added eventually giving up on PvP in favor of more PvE
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You drop that pvp link from GF like its a permanent change its an event plenty rewarding than the one we have going on here. so i don't get your point there still rng at play the rate will still be high and ur gear will still get damaged i don't see the joy in it anyway that GF is doing something so big.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > let me switch it up and tell you when have eme in recent times since the era of pattrick etc not drop a patch with every single bug that came from ktera and was fixed on ktera but we still got it? lmao can you be more of a whiteknight, eme Q&A team is on a comedy level chapelle cant even compete on. these guys claim to test the game for Q&A reasons yet seem to have no clue what is what, if you even bothered to read the OP the issue was not when or if we get the patch but the silence surrounding it even though it was listed as coming out this month, not even a hey things are a bit busy and we cant deliver due to X or Y, no it was simply if you were in the eme discord, check back next week we might have some info, continuous for multiple weeks. so maybe instead of white knighting you should take your own advice?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This thread needs to be less toxic on both sides.
    >
    > For what it's worth, EME QA team doesn't do overall game testing (that's BHS's job), they test whether the patch they receive does what BHS told them it should (in BHS's provided notes to them), and whether it integrates with EME's custom systems properly. All the regions inherit the same K-TERA bugs because that's as-shipped by BHS, and BHS already knows about them (so telling them is pointless). The QA team is supposed to notify BHS about any bugs they find that are unique to the region or that BHS doesn't know about. If it's a bug on BHS's side, it's entirely up to BHS whether they will fix them. This is not meant to "white knight" them or anyone; this is simply what their job is and why we get the K-TERA bugs anyway. It doesn't mean they don't need a QA process or that the process they have is negligent/incompetent. Reporting bugs is QA's job. Fixing bugs is development's job. For BHS to ship bugs they already know about to the other regions is not a fault of any of the publishers' QA, it's a management decision.

I mean the qa stream for hh with spacecats n that guy from the qa team was a joke he didnt seem to have a clue what to do or anything but thats beside the point. Eu tera is communicating with its players, @KitTeaCup and @BearShoes blatantly ignored everyone in stream asking for any update on the v80 patch, they even ignore the player council members and partners who were promised advanced info to spread to players. This is the level of professionalism from our great eme team? Its like since @KitTeaCup and @BearShoes took over they decide to just spit in the faces of the players that keep their game open. Treeshark bit the bullet with fihm, it wasnt easy but he told people about the fihm delay and worked with players to alleviate the disappointment as he valued his players/customers. What does @KitTeaCup and @BearShoes do? Check back next week we may have some info for 3 weeks running and soooo busy with twitch prime loot and a lvl 1-65 event lol, great job and community management @KitTeaCup @BearShoes
  • > @AriaofDiabolos said:
    > voidy wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    > Here is a sample of what's to come. Before and after!
    > PSA: Take your screenshots now, while you still can.
    >
    >
    >
    > Oh my God!! My heart is beyond broken 💔 As soon as maintenance is done, I'm gonna take a plethora of pics!!!

I sure hope they do not ruin the Avatar map! Why would they make a colorful game dark and colorless? What brought me to Tera initially was the beauty in the different lands.
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27
    "Unfortunately, due to PAX and whatnot, we can't share details for v80 this week. All I can say is that concrete details will be shared during the first 2 weeks of April.

I know people will be upset, but that's all I'm allowed to share right now" -KitTeaCup

could not even post an announcement or care to communicate to the player base especially when your road map lists it as this month, looks like the earliest we are gonna get v80 if we get it is half a month after other regions cuz pax and twitchprime loot is too important. @KitTeaCup thanks for completely ignoring the entire playerbase and being the complete opposite of what a cm is lmao this is jsut way too funny.
    so i guess all this and the multiples of it went out the door:
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    News for the next update is planned to go out next week, it'll call out the update and events surrounding it, plus a teaser of anniversary.

As @counterpoint mentioned, It's been a crazy time here at En Masse, there's a lot going on behind the scenes, and teams are shifting around. I appreciate those that have been really patient and understanding!
  • > @sanj66 said:
    . @KitTeaCup thanks for completely ignoring the entire playerbase and being the complete opposite of what a cm is lmao this is jsut way too funny.

Dude i get youre upset but the incessant heckling, yes incessant its almost every post i read from you now, isnt going to make them speed up any faster or give you anymore than what they will give.

All this is going to accomplish is you getting shadow banned and/or making them bitter/defiant.

Youre curving away from.being constructive to downright malicious.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27
    > @sanj66 said:
    . @KitTeaCup thanks for completely ignoring the entire playerbase and being the complete opposite of what a cm is lmao this is jsut way too funny.

Dude i get youre upset but the incessant heckling, yes incessant its almost every post i read from you now, isnt going to make them speed up any faster or give you anymore than what they will give.

All this is going to accomplish is you getting shadow banned and/or making them bitter/defiant.

You know, I've been kind of nursing a similar concern as Sanj, but I was trying not to say anything since it doesn't really concern me anymore. But posts like yours almost force me to respond, because even though I can see where you're coming from on this, I feel like Sanj's response is appropriate and I'll outline exactly why. I'd also like to preface this by saying that nothing here is meant personally, it's just me writing my thoughts on specific actions taken by staff, not on the staff members as people.

KTC's post was the first actual staff response to a player in the PC section in over two months. You're worried that a highly critical tone might force a "bitter/defiant" response from the EME staff. I would suggest that the staff are already displaying a pattern of bitter and defiant attitudes towards their players by ignoring them for months, only to come out with "no news, because PAX!" You're basically telling someone not to even bring this up for fear that we might get less communication in the future, even though communication is basically at 0 right now. Like... I'm sorry, dude. I worked customer service for years. I get it. But dude. They basically have unpaid volunteers running their forums for them at this point, and only recently, extremely recently, have staff finally remembered that this section exists, long enough to post what amounts to ... nothing.

It really, really looks like some [filtered] went down behind the scenes, which sucks for people who might've lost their jobs in the mess, but honestly if this is how they communicate with all their players in other games, then it's no wonder they had to shut down Kritika, and it's no wonder they have dwindling numbers everywhere else. Like, how hard is it to just check your forums once in the morning and then again before leaving work? It'd take like, a minute to just scroll the general section and less than 10 minutes to write replies to a post or two just so people at least know someone's still alive in the office and reading their posts. Like... think about how this looks from a normal player's point of view: There are less people on than ever before. The staff seem to have stopped responding to the PC forums. The only people even trying to respond to players are unpaid community volunteers. And the big expansion that folks are waiting on won't be announced because a video game convention takes precedence. Couple that with Kritika shutting down, and idk fam, it's just a bad look all around. But whatever, EME can do what they want with their titles! It's clearly working.

tl;dr stop relying on good natured community volunteers and actually engage with your community, but eh what do I know haha byeeeeeeee
This discussion has been closed.