News on the Level 70 patch?

12346»

Comments

• vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    i suppose we can only enjoy tera 2 weeks before than tera ship hit level 70 iceberg :3
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 28
    nozoyo wrote: »
    Hi, patch will be going live on the 9th of April. An official announcement should go live sometime soon too. Expect more detailed information about the patch between now and the patch.

FWIW, this date is accurate. (Unless it changes again.)

I'd like to also ask this thread to try to remain on topic for the patch itself. Discussing the many failures of EME is cathartic, but it's not going to change anything about this patch, its contents, or the fact all the global regions are getting it whether they like it or not.

i would say the converse, the many failures of eme is relevant to the topic of the patch, while understanding NDA's etc i dont think it is beyond expectation to atleast have a "we've run into some issues and the patch cant be delivered at the expected time,please understand we're trying to put out the best build for you guys" yet we recieve no word, no replies and partners and player council members got completely ignored or got the generic hey maybe next week we might have some info, their failure on communication and delilvering on a promise as it was clearly stated in their roadmap to be released within march. the gripe for most people is not with the date its with the utter and complete failure of eme's cm to atleast address or have basic communication with the player base. there are things about the patch people would like to know so that they can try to get resources etc in place for the patch and new gear etc. while you might say gameforge only did an indepth stream days before the patch, they posted an announcement week/s in advance about the patch and its date and went more indepth with the stream. what has eme and/or its cm done for us? hid behind the player council and partners as a shield to handle the fallout for the lack of communication on her part and to pass on information. i would say the issues with this patch is nothing short of a corrobartion of the almost total failure that is the current eme staff.
  • sanj66 wrote: »
    what has eme and/or its cm done for us? hid behind the player council and partners as a shield to handle the fallout for the lack of communication on her part and to pass on information. i would say the issues with this patch is nothing short of a corrobartion of the almost total failure that is the current eme staff.

Do you think you're going to guilt them into something? The community team is down to 2 people, doing the job that used to be done by 4, and the production team was reorganized to spread the weight thinner there too. They prioritize what their bosses tell them to do so they don't get fired, and you know what? It's not spending their time on this forum reading people like you telling them they're doing their job wrong.

Yes, it sucks, but they're well aware. You constantly harping on it and @ ing them won't solve anything. People need to at least try to remain constructive and focus on the actual issues rather than laying blame. Everyone cares about this game very much and wants it to succeed, and it's totally understood that that is the heart of where feedback comes from. But if your faith in the game and this publisher is already past the point of remaining constructive, it's time to leave.
  • PalochiPalochi ✭✭✭
    @counterpoint Out of curiosity, do you know what their bosses are telling them to do?
    Pretty sure most ppl don't feel like we have people managing the community, so it's kinda weird that their position in the company would be that when their bosses tell them to do something else or something that the community doesn't see.
  • Aluh wrote: »
    Hi, patch will be going live on the 9th of April. An official announcement should go live sometime soon too. Expect more detailed information about the patch between now and the patch.

Who r u and where did u get that info

I'm Ann, recently became player council. I haven't really been active on forums but trying to be more active now, usually more active on discords.
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    sanj66 wrote: »
    what has eme and/or its cm done for us? hid behind the player council and partners as a shield to handle the fallout for the lack of communication on her part and to pass on information. i would say the issues with this patch is nothing short of a corrobartion of the almost total failure that is the current eme staff.

Do you think you're going to guilt them into something? The community team is down to 2 people, doing the job that used to be done by 4, and the production team was reorganized to spread the weight thinner there too. They prioritize what their bosses tell them to do so they don't get fired, and you know what? It's not spending their time on this forum reading people like you telling them they're doing their job wrong.

Yes, it sucks, but they're well aware. You constantly harping on it and @ ing them won't solve anything. People need to at least try to remain constructive and focus on the actual issues rather than laying blame. Everyone cares about this game very much and wants it to succeed, and it's totally understood that that is the heart of where feedback comes from. But if your faith in the game and this publisher is already past the point of remaining constructive, it's time to leave.

well said bro
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭

So you're pretty much telling us to gtfo if we have anything negative to say about management? My previous post was clearing pointing directly to management. I don't blame the staff and, honestly, I've never blamed the staff.

In fact, your entire post pretty much gives us all of the details on what's going on while slamming us for bringing it up in the first place. You're not paid staff either nor are you management, so I don't understand why you're taking everything so personal.

The main topic of the post is about the lack of news or any type of communication about the new patch. Telling us to stay on topic when we post about hostilities and such doesn't make much sense seeing as how it all goes together. Then, someone actually posts a date to which you agree will be the release date. Wow, thanks a lot for telling us. I gather you've had that information all along, however, someone else seems to be brave enough to actually tell US.

That is the entire point that the OP is making. Y'all give so many excuses yet one person took the whole 2 minutes to give us more information that you simply couldn't be bothered with. However, shame on us for being annoyed? We are focused on the actual issue, but as many people have tried and failed being constructive really gets us nowhere. There are tons of constructive criticism posts that continue to be ignored or get someone like you posting excuses or badgering them for "not being positive enough".

I don't think anyone is really mad. I think it's what most of us have come to expect. CM's aren't to blame when they've clearly been instructed not to respond in forums and so on. If people really wanted the game to succeed, a lot of things would be much different than they are now, so I really don't believe you on that one. The game was succeeding and continuing on strong. Then, management was changed and things have somewhat gone downhill from there. Without the Legion quests keeping this game alive, there would have already been another merge by now.

Thanks again Ann. At least now we know something. Of course, we know the date could change. However, at least you took the time to give us some actual info rather than treat us all like a bunch of children. That is greatly appreciated.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭
    BTW, if you're just going to start posting that whole "If you don't like it leave," you might be surprised at how many people really start to take you up on that. Telling people to remain constructive and then leaving it up to yourself to determine whether or not something is constructive reminds me of a dictatorship, but what do I know?

FWIW, this date is accurate. (Unless it changes again.)

I'd like to also ask this thread to try to remain on topic for the patch itself. Discussing the many failures of EME is cathartic, but it's not going to change anything about this patch, its contents, or the fact all the global regions are getting it whether they like it or not.

i would say the converse, the many failures of eme is relevant to the topic of the patch, while understanding NDA's etc i dont think it is beyond expectation to atleast have a "we've run into some issues and the patch cant be delivered at the expected time,please understand we're trying to put out the best build for you guys" yet we recieve no word, no replies and partners and player council members got completely ignored or got the generic hey maybe next week we might have some info, their failure on communication and delilvering on a promise as it was clearly stated in their roadmap to be released within march. the gripe for most people is not with the date its with the utter and complete failure of eme's cm to atleast address or have basic communication with the player base. there are things about the patch people would like to know so that they can try to get resources etc in place for the patch and new gear etc. while you might say gameforge only did an indepth stream days before the patch, they posted an announcement week/s in advance about the patch and its date and went more indepth with the stream. what has eme and/or its cm done for us? hid behind the player council and partners as a shield to handle the fallout for the lack of communication on her part and to pass on information. i would say the issues with this patch is nothing short of a corrobartion of the almost total failure that is the current eme staff.

Sorry you are being met with so much hostility, but apparently, you need to change "staff" to "management". Once you do that, your posts will most likely be seen as constructive rather than a certain someone telling you to leave if you don't like it. Unfortunately, not all of the people that interact on these forums are mature and some are even drunk on the Tang. IMO your post was fine and expressed what many of the players are feeling. However, I have a feeling that the staff has been instructed not to reply to the forums much if at all. I mean they clearly had a release date and felt it was necessary to even keep that from us. However, mentioning the hostilities between players and management is going off topic, so I won't go there.
  • edited March 29
    Christin wrote: »
    BTW, if you're just going to start posting that whole "If you don't like it leave," you might be surprised at how many people really start to take you up on that. Telling people to remain constructive and then leaving it up to yourself to determine whether or not something is constructive reminds me of a dictatorship, but what do I know?

This shouldn't be a surprise, but private forums actually are a benevolent dictatorship. When you join the forum, you agree to abide by the Rules. The moderators were appointed to enforce the rules. To the extent that is at all possible the mods try to allow all kinds of criticism because everyone understands that it comes from people who care about the game and want to see it improve. But staff call-outs are against the rules (even if you call out "management"). Since I don't want to delete posts or ban people, I'm asking that people try to remain constructive, stay on-topic, avoid call-outs, and all the other things the rules say.

Anyway, I'm going to lock this derailed thread, and as more news of the next patch comes out, we can discuss it (if threads don't already exist on those topics).
This discussion has been closed.