[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/17 at 8am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Upgrading Gear Frustration

Why is leveling up gear so STUPIDLY hard. Yeah I know it's a game of grinding. I fail 75-80% of the time on frost and why the hell can't you get darics in dungeons?!?!?!?!?! It's takes an insane amount of money just doing frost. I don't even want to think about storm. Developers are lazy and ruining the game. I only play bc I have friends on and that's even rarely.

Comments

• MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    Zulia69 wrote: »
    Tera is focused around RNG. Gear exp is a joke by the time you reach SC / Entropy. If you enjoy playing slot machines IRL then Tera is the game for you.

The armor, weapons, jewelry, mounts, outfits, ALL hide behind RNG. I have not logged in for over 3 months. There are other games out there that are more enjoyable.
    game

But your still in the forums lol other games more enjoyable lol you love tera so much that you still hang around in the forums hoping for a sunny day when tera would rise again. You all good yes, better you had say tera best game ever but there problems that the developer don't see a problem despite the amount of feedback given.

WH3KPFRWPL wrote: »
    Why is leveling up gear so STUPIDLY hard. Yeah I know it's a game of grinding. I fail 75-80% of the time on frost and why the hell can't you get darics in dungeons?!?!?!?!?! It's takes an insane amount of money just doing frost. I don't even want to think about storm. Developers are lazy and ruining the game. I only play bc I have friends on and that's even rarely.

the rng in this game has been a pain in butt but once you stack item xp to max its a good flow what you also want to do is stack mats for for continual enchanting flow for example enough from 0 to +9 on any piece this is what i do in the end i don't feel the lost cause i would have reached +9 well thats me.

• Because there are nothing more to do, the lack of content and the uninterestings from the developers to make new content plus very low playerbase for revenues. They just put a slot machine in the gear progression (just a copy from BnS).
    I suggest u stop at stormcry sets +0 for ur sanity because i fail 12 times attempt to upgrade my sc+7 weapon (wasting average 80k of gold per try) still no yet upgraded. So i stopped to play this game for weeks.
  • Because if Darics dropped in dungeons the people who crafted them would be meaningless. It also does not take that much money to upgrade frost if you have the gear XP and are in a guild with people who will turn Golden Talents into Darics. My guild always has people on to help with gear,darics,plates etc you just need to find a helpful group. I managed to push stormcry in les than a week and spent under 150k to do it ( which is easy as hell to earn if you do battlegrounds and sell the silver talents)
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    reminder that it's almost always more efficient to just sell your materials and buy pre enchanted gear off the broker assuming you have no plans to reroll class
  • AluhAluh ✭✭
    says the guy selling every piece of +7/8/9 gear on broker.
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    I enchanted my Frostmetal alt to +0 SC and I used like 200+ emeralds.. One piece even went 80%. Didn't even mention the cost of darics. Imagine new player have to farm that.. I already have 3000 emeralds not big deal for me.
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    Aluh wrote: »

i mean if you want to spend ~600k enchanting to +7 instead of just buying a +7 piece for 450-500k then more power to you
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 22
    kamizuma wrote: »

i mean if you want to spend ~600k enchanting to +7 instead of just buying a +7 piece for 450-500k then more power to you

I am extremely impressed to see how you know to use your tongue and convince players that it is better to buy gear from you when you add up to when you buy from other players and add up to 20% when selling back while you forget to add the fact that whoever spends more or less 600k to enchant can also liberate and sell the gear later to reroll the class as example compared to the roughly 450-500k from buying directly and not being able to sell the gear anymore.

600k and being able to get back 400k after liberation which includes the scroll?

OR

450-500k after buying and not being able to liberate?

Of course, we might also consider the item XP or the enchanting materials but the item XP was buffed a lot recently and the Rally gives even more enchanting materials than before.

sure you can do that but assuming you have no plans to reroll class OR if you are planning to go heroic in the future then it is always better to buy. The ONLY advantage that enchanting yourself does is you can liberate it if you want to reroll class. This doesn't even take in to account the time it takes to get untradeable mats as well so if you value your time at a certain level it will again be better to just buy. Oh and the ~600k to enchant is assuming a +0 sc start which also takes gold to get to in the first place (enchanting from/through FM or buying a +0 SC which is an additional ~200k).
  • PabloLuizPabloLuiz ✭✭
    edited March 22
    Relax

B&S is slowly learning, they are creating extreme grinding (farm 600 of this 15000 of that...) options to also get what the rng never gave and 100% sucess rate in upgrade... in few years (i hope 2 or 3 if NCSoft do it fast) they can make game fun, just enough for a few years for Tera to copy then and make similar here too...
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭

I am extremely impressed to see how you know to use your tongue and convince players that it is better to buy gear from you when you add up to when you buy from other players and add up to 20% when selling back while you forget to add the fact that whoever spends more or less 600k to enchant can also liberate and sell the gear later to reroll the class as example compared to the roughly 450-500k from buying directly and not being able to sell the gear anymore.

600k and being able to get back 400k after liberation which includes the scroll?

OR

450-500k after buying and not being able to liberate?

Of course, we might also consider the item XP or the enchanting materials but the item XP was buffed a lot recently and the Rally gives even more enchanting materials than before.

sure you can do that but assuming you have no plans to reroll class OR if you are planning to go heroic in the future then it is always better to buy. The ONLY advantage that enchanting yourself does is you can liberate it if you want to reroll class. This doesn't even take in to account the time it takes to get untradeable mats as well so if you value your time at a certain level it will again be better to just buy.

It is better to enchant and liberate later on regardless of class reroll to get 400k back out of 600k invested than to buy at 450k up to 600k depending on the supply/demand at broker and get almost nothing back in return ( most of the players spend one week to get 600k if not more and it is highly likely that they would want to get 400k back out of it per piece of gear and especially when there are four pieces involved )

And the players that go for HO not only that are rare but if they exist then they do not even care about some extra gold from buying Stormcry directly when each HO fail can cost up to 100k ( i know someone that spent 1mil recently weapon/gloves only to fail and wait to try again later on ).

Also.. Rally which happens on a daily gives enough materials for at least a few tries at the Stormcry level ( item XP is not even an issue for Stormcry considering how much it go buffed lately ).

????????. It's 100% only "worth" enchanting your own gear based on if you actually plan to reroll that class or not. I don't see why this is so hard to understand. If you 100% know you won't reroll class or if you plan to go heroic in the future (because once heroic it's untradeable regardless of whether or not the base SC+9 was tradeable or not) you should absolutely buy pre enchanted off broker. Why in the world should you spend ~1.7 mil+ in enchanting materials (for weapon +9, assuming average enchant rates) and the time it takes to get untradeable mats just to make your own +9 when you're going to upgrade it to heroic anyways instead of saving 600k+ and just buying a +9 weapon off the broker.

Not sure if you're trolling or not but you only get that "400k back" (in the case of something like boots/gloves) if you actually liberate and sell. That makes sense if you reroll because you spent 600k to get 400k back (and now have no gear) so you lose 200k as "rent" for the time you spent on that class. If you don't reroll then you don't sell the gear so you spent 600k and lose 600k because you're still playing that class (but you still have the gear piece, in which case why not just buy the gear straight up and now have 100-150k + the gear piece). Or are you suggesting that people should enchant the gear for their class then sell it and remake the gear and lose 200k each time they go through that cycle. Or perhaps I'm just not seeing something so maybe you can further explain why you think "it's better to enchant and liberate later on REGARDLESS of class reroll".

Also note that I forgot to mention that the ~600k enchant cost (this is for BOOTS and GLOVES and NOT WEAPON) is based off a starting level of +0 SC so you need to add another ~200k for even getting there in the first place. Wow now we're at ~800k total cost (and a little more with etchings dual rolls ect.) just to make your very own +7 boots/gloves that you can just buy for 450-500k off the broker. So now it becomes do you want to spend 800k and get 400k back (so now you are -400k and no gear piece) or do you want to spend 450-500k and have a gear piece (so now you are -450k to -500k BUT have a gear piece albeit bound to that character). Idk about you but if i'm going to be down gold I might as well be down an extra 50-100k but have a +7 boot/glove on a character I must have had some interest in playing since I bothered to gear it to +7 in the first place). Kinda amazing how much better off you are when you DON'T enchant your own gear lol. And lol tell me who is buying +7 boots/gloves for 600k because I'd love to sell to them.

With that in mind, I'd argue that it might even be worth your time to just buy gear even if you plan on rerolling even just a few weeks later because of the time saved allowing you to do higher level stuff/lower level stuff more quickly vs the minimal amount of gold saved from enchanting your stuff over buying it upfront. Probably the only time you should be enchanting is when the gear is untradeable because you have no choice or because it's for a class that's incredibly hard to find gear for on the broker (such as priest weapon/chest, slayer weapon, ect.). For all the tradeable sc7-9 gear of more easily found gear pieces just buy it.

But of course, there will be people that want to do things their own way and that's fine. I'm just reminding people that it's almost always more efficient to just buy your gear.
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    @kamizuma excuse his hard head. His eyes on the gold and not time spent getting the mats and even the gold and the item xp and dungeon runs with traps they always hit on you because you got gold thing is you put in the work and now your rich that's all and you used your brains. I my self trying to understand how he could think like that. There is big loss and frustration enchant +0 to +7 SC use your brain its better to buy enchanted gear on the broker and that's the truth there those who love the grind sure enjoy that but there those who don't and this the best way to go.