[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Revamp Overview: What It Is, How It Works, and What to Expect

Comments

• @Sarumonin - Thank you very much for the overview of how the new enchanting system will work. I totally understand that any conversion values are currently speculative, but it is really nice to have a visual of basically how the system will work, especially for those of us who never played Tera on PC. :) :+1:
  • It's no problem, @GuardianAngelGG. Quite frankly, it would have been nice to get my hands on the console build to be more relative and show it in its entirety, but the main points are there. I hope it helps!
  • KozyEmiKozyEmi ✭✭
    ty for posting this video!

So new players who are still with guile and some misery should really try hard to get the misery stuff and get as much as they can enchant to +12
    before the revamp goes live right? And no point in upgrading the guile gear anymore probably better to vendor the extra pieces for gold to buy feedstock to enchant the misery equipment.

So far I only have the misery weapon and belt on my mystic and weapon only on my reaper. I've got some work to do! The weapon is +11 on my mystic but only +9 on my reaper. Not many premium alkahest for sale at the broker lately that's going to make it tougher. I hope my rng is better than it was going from +9 to +10 on my mystic weapon!
  • Yeah, you'll be much better off pushing Misery to +12 if you get the chance. You got this, @KozyEmi !
  • KozyEmi wrote: »

And no point in upgrading the guile gear anymore probably better to vendor the extra pieces for gold to buy feedstock to enchant the misery equipment.

So far I only have the misery weapon and belt on my mystic and weapon only on my reaper. I've got some work to do! The weapon is +11 on my mystic but only +9 on my reaper. Not many premium alkahest for sale at the broker lately that's going to make it tougher. I hope my rng is better than it was going from +9 to +10 on my mystic weapon!

If you are talking about selling the guile gear to an NPC merchant, then you will probably only get a few gold pieces. You would probably be better off dismantling any Guile pieces you are ready to get rid of, then use the "Enchanting Material Fusion" option to combine the tier 10 feedstock to tier 11 feedstock at a ratio of 2 to 1 (2 tier 10 to make 1 tier 11 feedstock). For example, if your tier 10 chest piece shows that it will dismantle into 1,000 pieces of tier 10 feedstock, then you could dismantle it and combine the 1,000 tier 10 feedstock into 500 tier 11 feedstock. Just take a look at how much gold you can get for the piece, then look at how much feedstock you would get from dismantling and combining it, then you will know which will be more beneficial to you.

If you are having trouble finding alkahest through the Trade Broker, then if you have a lot of Vanguard Credits built up, you can go to one of the "Vanguard Initiative Quartermasters" in Highwatch and buy some "Masterwork Alkahest Boxes" from them. If you can afford to spend real money on it, then you can buy Extensive Alkahest boxes from the EMP store (under the "consumables" tab).

Personally, for my characters that do not have Ambush or Deathwrack gear, I gave all of my other characters Misery equipment by farming Interhold Tokens. If you don't already do the daily Vanguards regularly, then you can get the most Interhold tokens by running Celestial Arena (you get 15 per run for Vanguard rewards, plus 12 from the arena itself if you get rank 1, for a total of 27 per run), then do the mid-tier BAMs on Island of Dawn (20 Interhold tokens for each set of 10 mid-tier monsters killed, and you can do 3 sets per day), then do 3 runs of the Ace Dungeons (Baracos' Trial and Akasha's Trial for 12 tokens per run). If you still happen to have any of the OLD "Instance Reset Scrolls" (the ones that can reset Celestial Arena and Ace Dungeons), then you can run Celestial Arena twice, use the reset scroll and run Celestial Arena 2 more times, then do the 3 sets of mid-tier BAMs on Island of Dawn, then run 1 Ace Dungeon to finish off your 8 Vanguard missions for the day (you have to plan out your daily Vanguard missions to not exceed 8 per day). If you have the OLD Instance Reset Scrolls, then you can easily get 180 tokens per character, per day. Without an old Instance Reset scroll, you can still get 150 tokens per character, per day.

A full set of Misery gear only costs 1,200 Interhold tokens, but the weapon is 200, so you would only need 1,000 tokens for the 4 armor pieces. For you character that already has the weapon and belt, you only need 720 tokens (weapon - 200, chest - 280, hands - 240, feet - 200, belt - 280).

You may want to run group dungeons with other people for the Misery gear, but I personally prefer not to rely on random drops and rolls, because there is no telling how many dungeons you may have to run, before you finally get lucky and pick up the piece you need. I can get a guaranteed full set of Misery in a few days, just farming tokens for about an hour per day, with just one character. Of course, when I run multiple character, then I get a lot more tokens per day. It only takes me about an hour to run a character through all 8 Vanguard missions for the day, so you would actually still have plenty of time to run the Vanguards AND do some group dungeons if you wanted to. If you do that, just be sure to check the Vanguard rewards to optimize which 8 things you want to do FIRST, because you won't get the Vanguard rewards, once you have completed 8 of them. You could always run the Vanguards that reward you with Interhold tokens first, then still run some dungeons afterward, to see if you get some Misery drops and win the rolls for them, as long as you aren't relying on anything in particular from the Vanguard rewards for running dungeons. :)

• KozyEmiKozyEmi ✭✭
    KozyEmi wrote: »

And no point in upgrading the guile gear anymore probably better to vendor the extra pieces for gold to buy feedstock to enchant the misery equipment.

If you are talking about selling the guile gear to an NPC merchant, then you will probably only get a few gold pieces. You would probably be better off dismantling any Guile pieces you are ready to get rid of, then use the "Enchanting Material Fusion" option to combine the tier 10 feedstock to tier 11 feedstock at a ratio of 2 to 1 (2 tier 10 to make 1 tier 11 feedstock). For example, if your tier 10 chest piece shows that it will dismantle into 1,000 pieces of tier 10 feedstock, then you could dismantle it and combine the 1,000 tier 10 feedstock into 500 tier 11 feedstock. Just take a look at how much gold you can get for the piece, then look at how much feedstock you would get from dismantling and combining it, then you will know which will be more beneficial to you.

If you are having trouble finding alkahest through the Trade Broker, then if you have a lot of Vanguard Credits built up, you can go to one of the "Vanguard Initiative Quartermasters" in Highwatch and buy some "Masterwork Alkahest Boxes" from them. If you can afford to spend real money on it, then you can buy Extensive Alkahest boxes from the EMP store (under the "consumables" tab).

Personally, for my characters that do not have Ambush or Deathwrack gear, I gave all of my other characters Misery equipment by farming Interhold Tokens. If you don't already do the daily Vanguards regularly, then you can get the most Interhold tokens by running Celestial Arena (you get 15 per run for Vanguard rewards, plus 12 from the arena itself if you get rank 1, for a total of 27 per run), then do the mid-tier BAMs on Island of Dawn (20 Interhold tokens for each set of 10 mid-tier monsters killed, and you can do 3 sets per day), then do 3 runs of the Ace Dungeons (Baracos' Trial and Akasha's Trial for 12 tokens per run). If you still happen to have any of the OLD "Instance Reset Scrolls" (the ones that can reset Celestial Arena and Ace Dungeons), then you can run Celestial Arena twice, use the reset scroll and run Celestial Arena 2 more times, then do the 3 sets of mid-tier BAMs on Island of Dawn, then run 1 Ace Dungeon to finish off your 8 Vanguard missions for the day (you have to plan out your daily Vanguard missions to not exceed 8 per day). If you have the OLD Instance Reset Scrolls, then you can easily get 180 tokens per character, per day. Without an old Instance Reset scroll, you can still get 150 tokens per character, per day.

A full set of Misery gear only costs 1,200 Interhold tokens, but the weapon is 200, so you would only need 1,000 tokens for the 4 armor pieces. For you character that already has the weapon and belt, you only need 720 tokens (weapon - 200, chest - 280, hands - 240, feet - 200, belt - 280).

You may want to run group dungeons with other people for the Misery gear, but I personally prefer not to rely on random drops and rolls, because there is no telling how many dungeons you may have to run, before you finally get lucky and pick up the piece you need. I can get a guaranteed full set of Misery in a few days, just farming tokens for about an hour per day, with just one character. Of course, when I run multiple character, then I get a lot more tokens per day. It only takes me about an hour to run a character through all 8 Vanguard missions for the day, so you would actually still have plenty of time to run the Vanguards AND do some group dungeons if you wanted to. If you do that, just be sure to check the Vanguard rewards to optimize which 8 things you want to do FIRST, because you won't get the Vanguard rewards, once you have completed 8 of them. You could always run the Vanguards that reward you with Interhold tokens first, then still run some dungeons afterward, to see if you get some Misery drops and win the rolls for them, as long as you aren't relying on anything in particular from the Vanguard rewards for running dungeons. :)

ty for the tips. I do have a bunch of tokens and do my dailys every day on my mystic and usually on my reaper too for more tokkens and feedstock so I'll probably use those tokens for the rest of the misery stuff. I have about 2200 interhold, 500 superhold and 1200 underhold. I have enough of those ace dungeon points to get a couple pieces from there too on my mystic and one on my reaper. So I should have enough between the tokens and points to get the rest off the pieces for my mystic and reaper.

I hadn't bought the rest of the misery pieces yet though since I don't have enough alkahests to do much with them after i get them to +9. There haven't been many on the broker lately. I've been buying all of the premium ones that are not waaaaay overpriced when I see some listed. I wish there was a good way to farm those even if it was time consuming I'd gladly farm for some more blue alkahests! I could use some tokens to buy some but needing 16 each enchant attempt I'd run out of tokens quickly.

I do have some vanguard points left. I spent over 4000 of them on masterwork alkahest boxes to get my weapon from +9 to +10 along with a ton of gold to buy feeedstock and more alkahests from the broker. I had such horrible rng luck that night and found out that the masterwork alkahest dont really raise the chance much or at all on fails. Woops... wish I had known that before I spent over 50k gold worth of resources to go from +9 to +10 lol sooo ive been trying to use some premium first for better chance if i fail then switch to extensive after a few fails. I guess I could use some of the masterwork and spend more of my vanguard points too.

You're right the guile gear does vendor for very little gold, but it doesn't dismantle to anything unfortunately :( It all shows it dismantles to 0 tier 10 feedstock. The guile stuff I'm wearing though does dismantle to feedstock since it's all enchanted so i'll dismantle that when I replace it. I wish the unenchanted guile stuff dismantled for at least a little feedstock like other equipment does. Maybe I should keep it in the bank and see if it dismantles to anything useful after the revamp?

• KozyEmiKozyEmi ✭✭
    Sarumonin wrote: »
    Yeah, you'll be much better off pushing Misery to +12 if you get the chance. You got this, @KozyEmi !

I hope so! I had good luck last night going from +11 to +12 on my mystics weapon. Much better than the horrible luck i had going fro +9 to +10. That ran me out of gold and everything lol.

I hope when the revamp is here it's like on PC where if someone didn't get to +12 yet they still can later and then convert their armor to the new type. I doubt I'm going to get all of mine on my mystic and reaper done by the time the revamp hits :P
  • edited March 24

ty for the tips. I do have a bunch of tokens and do my dailys every day on my mystic and usually on my reaper too for more tokkens and feedstock so I'll probably use those tokens for the rest of the misery stuff. I have about 2200 interhold, 500 superhold and 1200 underhold. I have enough of those ace dungeon points to get a couple pieces from there too on my mystic and one on my reaper. So I should have enough between the tokens and points to get the rest off the pieces for my mystic and reaper.

I hadn't bought the rest of the misery pieces yet though since I don't have enough alkahests to do much with them after i get them to +9. There haven't been many on the broker lately. I've been buying all of the premium ones that are not waaaaay overpriced when I see some listed. I wish there was a good way to farm those even if it was time consuming I'd gladly farm for some more blue alkahests! I could use some tokens to buy some but needing 16 each enchant attempt I'd run out of tokens quickly.

I do have some vanguard points left. I spent over 4000 of them on masterwork alkahest boxes to get my weapon from +9 to +10 along with a ton of gold to buy feeedstock and more alkahests from the broker. I had such horrible rng luck that night and found out that the masterwork alkahest dont really raise the chance much or at all on fails. Woops... wish I had known that before I spent over 50k gold worth of resources to go from +9 to +10 lol sooo ive been trying to use some premium first for better chance if i fail then switch to extensive after a few fails. I guess I could use some of the masterwork and spend more of my vanguard points too.

You're right the guile gear does vendor for very little gold, but it doesn't dismantle to anything unfortunately :( It all shows it dismantles to 0 tier 10 feedstock. The guile stuff I'm wearing though does dismantle to feedstock since it's all enchanted so i'll dismantle that when I replace it. I wish the unenchanted guile stuff dismantled for at least a little feedstock like other equipment does. Maybe I should keep it in the bank and see if it dismantles to anything useful after the revamp?

That is great that you already have plenty of tokens. There is only about a week left until revamp, so I know you want the fastest track possible to get your gear.

Sorry, but I didn't know you meant unenchanted pieces of Guile that do not dismantle. I thought you were referring to the pieces you were replacing, which are already enchanted. Yeah, the unenchanted pieces won't net you any feedstock. If they are the same exact pieces you are wearing, then you can use them to do equipment enchanting, instead of using feedstock and alkahest. Of course, if they are random pieces that do not match the types that are compatible for your classes, then I agree that you are probably better off just selling them for the minimal gold. Of course, if you buy the Misery gear with the tokens, then dismantle the Guile gear for the feedstock, you could at least use tier 11 Alkahest that you can buy from the NPC merchants, to get them up to +9, then keep trying to get advanced types of Alkahest after you Masterwork them at +9.

I don't know anything about the changes that will happen to current gear after revamp, other than what I have read in the forums, but I seriously doubt the current Guile that dismantles into 0 feedstock would have a feedstock value after revamp. Of course, with as little gold as you would get for selling them, just keeping them until after revamp probably wouldn't hurt you.

Good luck getting the rest of the Alkahest. I hope you can get your gear enchanted up soon, and I hope you start having better luck on RNG. I know I have really lucky days, then really unlucky days, when I am enchanting items.
  • @Sarumonin - I have been reading everything about trading level 65 gear (Misery +12 and higher) for the new gear, but what about the low level gear when we create new characters and are leveling them up? Are the lower gears (e.g. - tier 3, 4, 5, etc.) still the same gear they are now, and do they still use the feedstock and alkahest system, or are all levels of gear totally revamped with the new system?
  • @GuardianAngelGG, yeah they're the same. The revamp system is for level 65.
  • Sarumonin wrote: »
    @GuardianAngelGG, yeah they're the same. The revamp system is for level 65.

That is GREAT NEWS! Thanks a lot for the information. Every time I make a new character, I spend a little extra time at each level farming for gear tokens for those levels that have them, so I have a STOCKPILE of each level of gear tokens in my bank. I pull them out every time I make a new character, so they can gear up at those levels as soon as they reach the level. I was worried they were ALL going to become useless after revamp. LOL :D

I always take full advantage of the leveling events, so I definitely plan on enjoying the Elin Gunner event, even though I am not overly fond of having Elin characters, myself (my Elin Ninja I made for the Ninja launch event is pretty cool, though). At least I know my lower level tokens and thousands of lower level feedstock and alkahest will still be useful for the Elin Gunner event. :)
  • QuinX7QuinX7 London ✭✭
    edited March 25
    Hey! @Sarumonin Will the UI updates on PC also be available on the console version in April with the big major update? :) I would love to look forward to that as I just got an Xbox One X and will return to TERA.
  • ExipheusExipheus Kazura (XB1 NA Lakan ) mod
    edited March 26
    QuinX7 wrote: »
    Hey! @Sarumonin Will the UI updates on PC also be available on the console version in April with the big major update? :) I would love to look forward to that as I just got an Xbox One X and will return to TERA.

We don't have that information yet, but in my opinion, we most likely won't get that until later. Although we are getting some content ahead of time, the UI update came with Elin Brawler/Awakening Pt.2 which was quite a bit after the gear revamp.
    Sarumonin wrote: »
    Yeah, you'll be much better off pushing Misery to +12 if you get the chance. You got this, @KozyEmi !

I hope so! I had good luck last night going from +11 to +12 on my mystics weapon. Much better than the horrible luck i had going fro +9 to +10. That ran me out of gold and everything lol.

I hope when the revamp is here it's like on PC where if someone didn't get to +12 yet they still can later and then convert their armor to the new type. I doubt I'm going to get all of mine on my mystic and reaper done by the time the revamp hits :P

I recommend focusing on getting one character to full +12 Misery. With only a week left, you may not want to stretch yourself too thin.
  • KozyEmiKozyEmi ✭✭
    edited March 27
    Exipheus wrote: »
    I recommend focusing on getting one character to full +12 Misery. With only a week left, you may not want to stretch yourself too thin.

I am focusing on one character's equipment right now like you suggest until I have her up to +12 full misery. I only have one piece left now on her. rng hasn't been kind, but also hasn't been depressing like it was with my misery weapon lol. When I get the last piece at +12 then I'll try to get my other characters weapon to +12 and maaaaaaybe if I'm lucky another piece up to +12. I have that second character's weapon up to +9 and it's masterworked but that's all on her so far. I did get my misery belt on her finally. I bought it for tokens then the ace dungeon right after dropped one....figures lol

Does anyone know what happens to the old crafting materials and stuff that's no longer used with the revamp? Will we be able to vendor it like on PC or will it just become worth 0 and need to be trashed instead? I hope they're worth at least a little to the vendor after the revamp.
  • ExipheusExipheus Kazura (XB1 NA Lakan ) mod
    edited March 28
    Exipheus wrote: »

I am focusing on one character's equipment right now like you suggest until I have her up to +12 full misery. I only have one piece left now on her. rng hasn't been kind, but also hasn't been depressing like it was with my misery weapon lol. When I get the last piece at +12 then I'll try to get my other characters weapon to +12 and maaaaaaybe if I'm lucky another piece up to +12. I have that second character's weapon up to +9 and it's masterworked but that's all on her so far. I did get my misery belt on her finally. I bought it for tokens then the ace dungeon right after dropped one....figures lol

Does anyone know what happens to the old crafting materials and stuff that's no longer used with the revamp? Will we be able to vendor it like on PC or will it just become worth 0 and need to be trashed instead? I hope they're worth at least a little to the vendor after the revamp.

Congrats! ^.^ You can do it!

If by "old crafting materials", you mean items such as Lakan Scales, Badges of Loyalty, goddess tears, and the like, then that stuff can be converted into emblems which are used to get new materials useful in the revamp.

Scroll down to the very bottom of this page and you'll see items that convert next patch: https://essentialmana.com/gear-revamp-guide/ The rates may be different, but the same items should convert.