[PC] Maintenance is completed!

Rip Elite

Comments

• ViauxiViauxi ✭✭✭
    All this means is that idiots will stop posting something that's worth 10k gold for 800k gold for 7 months. This helps bring down price inflation and the market becomes more stable if there are consequences (taxes) for irrationally pricing items. Not that big a deal, just don't be that idiot. Why it took them like 7 years to make this change I have no idea. There should always be some type of listing fee in any market (sales tax not as essential), otherwise people will just abuse the fact that there is not one.

I wouldn't complain about a 2% tax, most game have far more extreme market taxes. It could be like BDO and have a straight up 18.5%-35% flat sales tax. I think I would take the 2% tax any day over that lunacy.

As others mentioned, there are ways to let others know you are selling something of high value. You just have to stop being as lazy, or price your items fairly. This is overall healthy for the game economy.

Now only if BHS would stop being a trash developer and fix the REST of the game to begin with...........
    The Dressing Room is still useless btw, just saying.
  • edited April 9
    Viauxi wrote: »
    All this means is that idiots will stop posting something that's worth 10k gold for 800k gold for 7 months. This helps bring down price inflation and the market becomes more stable if there are consequences (taxes) for irrationally pricing items. Not that big a deal, just don't be that idiot. Why it took them like 7 years to make this change I have no idea. There should always be some type of listing fee in any market (sales tax not as essential), otherwise people will just abuse the fact that there is not one.

I wouldn't complain about a 2% tax, most game have far more extreme market taxes. It could be like BDO and have a straight up 18.5%-35% flat sales tax. I think I would take the 2% tax any day over that lunacy.

As others mentioned, there are ways to let others know you are selling something of high value. You just have to stop being as lazy, or price your items fairly. This is overall healthy for the game economy.

Now only if BHS would stop being a trash developer and fix the REST of the game to begin with...........
    The Dressing Room is still useless btw, just saying.

Well in that case, I'm all up for that! Anything to fix the inflation problem is actually a good thing! Thank you for explaining what this means, it helps!
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    Lolitaa wrote: »
    Melyodis wrote: »
    So what! just don't use the broker, problem solved.

yes problem solved. don't list your talents so when I want to rage enchant I can't buy any from any offliners because there are none! :grin:

There will always be someone selling on global chat also trade chat, just look out for them. A solution for you complainers like there was never another way.

this is still awful. especially if you play during non peak hours. :shrug:

have fun buying/selling stacks of 50-100 talents through chat lmao
  • LolitaaLolitaa ✭✭✭
    kamizuma wrote: »

yes problem solved. don't list your talents so when I want to rage enchant I can't buy any from any offliners because there are none! :grin:

There will always be someone selling on global chat also trade chat, just look out for them. A solution for you complainers like there was never another way.

fotunately, talents was just an example. i'm already loaded on talents tyvm
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    kamizuma wrote: »

fotunately, talents was just an example. i'm already loaded on talents tyvm

don't worry though, for everyone else not as fortunate as you I am happy to sell large stacks of talents and other quantity consumables/items (who here want to buy 70k moongourd pulp?) at an appropriate price :) Time saved from having to do hundreds of small trades has a price after all :) :) :)
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    edited April 9
    Mod Edit: Removed quote of removed post.

Can I ask you a question @voidy where will the gold go?
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭

Since when pricing the items fairly will help the players to avoid the 2% fee for listing their items?

And how to let others know that i am selling something that has a high value?

Global chat? LFG chat? Recruitment Chat? Guild chat? Party chat?

Facebook?

Discord?

Twitter?

Local TV Station?

For a veteran player like you, forgetting there is a trade chat that we all can manually configure which players only use on global. discord is another way too.

You can just continue crying and one day you will get the change ok, just not today. So enjoy the listing fee and the other fee's by the mean time or use the other means, to save your 2%.
  • TheCatalystTheCatalyst ✭✭✭
    Don't EME have control over their own 'elite status' thing?
    They're the one that promotes their own subscription service as:
    FREE POSTS & EXTRA BROKER SLOTS

Selling your unwanted items for in-game gold at the Trade Broker is a great way to get rich...but unless you're Elite, the broker is taking a cut, in the form of listing fees. With Elite Status, you post your stuff free of charge!

On top of that, players are limited to only 10 simultaneous listings—but Elite players can have up to 50!

Did EME asked for this particular change?
    I don't care about player's complaint/ opinion/ greed/ crying.
    But i would LOVE to hear what EME have to say about this change.
    Subscription ain't free... is it?
    :thonking:
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭

Selling your unwanted items for in-game gold at the Trade Broker is a great way to get rich...but unless you're Elite, the broker is taking a cut, in the form of listing fees. With Elite Status, you post your stuff free of charge!

On top of that, players are limited to only 10 simultaneous listings—but Elite players can have up to 50!

They do have certain reaches on certain items, etc. However, this was a main-build change, meaning everyone gets the new changes to the broker, and isn't region-specific. BHS wanted that, therefor, they sent it to everyone, and everyone has to adopt it.
  • ViauxiViauxi ✭✭✭

Since when pricing the items fairly will help the players to avoid the 2% fee for listing their items?

Global chat? LFG chat? Recruitment Chat? Guild chat? Party chat? Until i get blocked by half the server? Then what?

Facebook?

Discord?

Twitter?

Local TV Station?

You will price the item more competitively to avoid paying more listing taxes. Would you rather pay 8 months of listing fees on an item you obviously overpriced, or simply lower the price so the item is much more likely to sell within a single listing period, and pay only 1 or a few listing fees. This is how taxes can influences a marketplace.

Try not being lazy and actually put in effort to sell an item of high value.
    This is an MMO. Use your chatbox. Post on Discord. Even post on the forum (too bad the trade forums are dead.........wonder how that happened). Gamers nowadays want everything funneled into their mouths with no work involved. And MMO gamers are ironically so afraid of their chatbox now, they just want to solo everything and be a hermit.

Or just put it up on the market and hope it sells (Pro tip: if you don't price it like a fuckin' idi- greedy little snake, and you use your chatbox, then it will probably sell in a couple of listing attempts). If its not selling, lower the price. This is how a marketplace should work. Please remember,a 2% tax, is nothing. Most games usually have a 5-10% listing tax or some other form of regulation (Just like real life), and many games don't have an "elite status" to lower or bypass it. You are still saving significantly more gold than the free playerbase, you still have an advantage.
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭

Global chat? LFG chat? Recruitment Chat? Guild chat? Party chat? Until i get blocked by half the server? Then what?

Facebook?

Discord?

Twitter?

Local TV Station?

You will price the item more competitively to avoid paying more listing taxes. Would you rather pay 8 months of listing fees on an item you obviously overpriced, or simply lower the price so the item is much more likely to sell within a single listing period, and pay only 1 or a few listing fees. This is how taxes can influences a marketplace.

Try not being lazy and actually put in effort to sell an item of high value.
    This is an MMO. Use your chatbox. Post on Discord. Even post on the forum (too bad the trade forums are dead.........wonder how that happened). Gamers nowadays want everything funneled into their mouths with no work involved. And MMO gamers are ironically so afraid of their chatbox now, they just want to solo everything and be a hermit.

Or just put it up on the market and hope it sells (Pro tip: if you don't price it like a fuckin' idi- greedy little snake, and you use your chatbox, then it will probably sell in a couple of listing attempts). If its not selling, lower the price. This is how a marketplace should work. Please remember,a 2% tax, is nothing. Most games usually have a 5-10% listing tax or some other form of regulation (Just like real life), and many games don't have an "elite status" to lower or bypass it. You are still saving significantly more gold than the free playerbase, you still have an advantage.

More like you just don't even bother trying to even get into the process of selling the item because it's not even worth it anymore lol. The clear result of this is "f2p" sourced items will decrease in value tremendously as people are "forced" to sell lower to sell in a reasonable amount of time while "premium" sourced items will increase in value tremendously as nobody is willing to take the risk to invest/resell/trade them anymore.
  • Naru2008 wrote: »

They do have certain reaches on certain items, etc. However, this was a main-build change, meaning everyone gets the new changes to the broker, and isn't region-specific. BHS wanted that, therefor, they sent it to everyone, and everyone has to adopt it.

Yup. We definitely gave feedback about how this wasn't the best way to accomplish's the stated goal, and EME was definitely receptive to the feedback... but in the end, it's a BHS's decision and all regions will follow. Our hope is that, maybe, they'll change the approach worldwide. At least a tax-upon-sale is way better than a tax-upon-listing, because if the gold sink is actually going to be effective, you actually want people to use the broker rather than push everything to Trade chat.