[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Rip Elite

124»

Comments

  • Tax upon sale makes more sense as an active sink to pull currency from the system. Listing fees will actually hurt that effort. Pricing discussions are by their nature subjective, so I can't really give an objective response there.
  • OurlordOurlord ✭✭
    Its better like that!! And its not rip elite.. more like RIP JAGI.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 10
    Melyodis wrote: »
    Mod Edit: Removed quote of removed post.

    Can I ask you a question @voidy where will the gold go?

    Are you really trying to make an argument about that 2% curbing inflation/being a gold sink when everyone with some reset scrolls just became a millionaire. Bruh.
    Capture.PNG
  • ViauxiViauxi ✭✭✭
    kamizuma wrote: »
    More like you just don't even bother trying to even get into the process of selling the item because it's not even worth it anymore lol. The clear result of this is "f2p" sourced items will decrease in value tremendously as people are "forced" to sell lower to sell in a reasonable amount of time while "premium" sourced items will increase in value tremendously as nobody is willing to take the risk to invest/resell/trade them anymore.

    Yes, don't bother selling anything in Tera because you are afraid of a [filtered] 2% listing tax. Such a dumb thing to say. Understand that these systems exist in any large economy for a reason, not so BHS can punish the plebs by taking away some of their market earnings. And it is clear that most people upset over this don't know the difference between a sales tax and a listing tax, both serve as gold sinks but these are two SEPARATE tolls for a reason, and have different intended functions to regulate a marketplace and prevent people from exploiting or monopolizing it.

    I'l just stop. Knowing me I will probably just get banned for being toxic if I continue, just being real. And I'm sure no one wants a toxic [filtered] dude trying to explain something to them. Good luck.
  • Viauxi wrote: »
    kamizuma wrote: »
    More like you just don't even bother trying to even get into the process of selling the item because it's not even worth it anymore lol. The clear result of this is "f2p" sourced items will decrease in value tremendously as people are "forced" to sell lower to sell in a reasonable amount of time while "premium" sourced items will increase in value tremendously as nobody is willing to take the risk to invest/resell/trade them anymore.

    Yes, don't bother selling anything in Tera because you are afraid of a [filtered] 2% listing tax. Such a dumb thing to say. Understand that these systems exist in any large economy for a reason, not so BHS can punish the plebs by taking away some of their market earnings. And it is clear that most people upset over this don't know the difference between a sales tax and a listing tax, both serve as gold sinks but these are two SEPARATE tolls for a reason, and have different intended functions to regulate a marketplace and prevent people from exploiting or monopolizing it.

    If you want to create a free market, you want to encourage as many people as possible to list products to create competition among sellers. This drives prices down. But obviously there's always a big incentive to be the cheapest price on the broker, as buyers won't pay more than necessary. What the listing fee does is make it so that only the most absurdly-rich players can keep affording to pay the listing fee tax to stay ahead of the competition. And if you can't get ahead of the competition and your stuff doesn't sell, you'll just stop using the broker entirely. That reduces the effectiveness of the gold sink and hurts the in-game economy.

    There are many major MMOs that don't have listing fees, but only use sales taxes. It does mean that they have an "undercutters market," but this is still a more egalitarian approach overall. At the end of the day, I really don't see the benefit of listing fees at all, and would advocate for their elimination in favor of just sales taxes.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Undercutting causes server lag. Add a listing fee to elites will help lower that lag. Problem solved. Hands Klenex to all of the criers. Kind of funny how y'all are just fine with everyone else paying listing fees, but y'all are too good for that?

    Having no listing fee would cause way too much undercutting. It's silly to even think of that as a possible solution. If you disagree, you have no idea of how many are babysitting the brokerage on an hourly basis.
  • edited April 10
    Christin wrote: »
    Undercutting causes server lag. Add a listing fee to elites will help lower that lag. Problem solved.

    I have not seen any evidence of this stated correlation at all, and I don't think imposing a gold tax is really a solution given that it won't stop the rich from controlling the markets anyway (what do they care about some 2% tax).

    Christin wrote: »
    Having no listing fee would cause way too much undercutting. It's silly to even think of that as a possible solution. If you disagree, you have no idea of how many are babysitting the brokerage on an hourly basis.

    As I said, I've played plenty of other MMOs with no listing fees, and the economy adapts to the undercutter approach. And if your real goal is just to stop undercutting, there are plenty of other ways to solve this problem that don't involve a listing tax.
  • TheCatalystTheCatalyst ✭✭✭
    edited April 10
    Christin wrote: »
    Kind of funny how y'all are just fine with everyone else paying listing fees, but y'all are too good for that?

    It was EME who OFFERED the benefit as part of their elite status program. It is still on the elite status program page, even right now.
    And we PAID for it.

    Its you who have no idea how this works.
  • WeridWerid ✭✭
    Make elite great again remove the 2% taxes
  • Kira98Kira98 ✭✭✭
    edited April 10
    Christin wrote: »
    Kind of funny how y'all are just fine with everyone else paying listing fees, but y'all are too good for that?

    It was EME who OFFERED the benefit as part of their elite status program. It is still on the elite status program page, even right now.
    And we PAID for it.

    Its you who have no idea how this works.

    Yeah i paid for it and now....
    unknown.png
    538805121862074428.png?v=1


    @CobaltDragon @KitTeaCup
  • KXRC9JMW74KXRC9JMW74 ✭✭✭
    bdd6Ipz.jpg

    Take my money now take away what I paid for
  • Yep. If nothing else, current subscriptions should be grandfathered in with the new policy kicking in when it's time to renew. When I paid for my most recent 30 days, I was paying for elite as advertised.
Sign In or Register to comment.