Rollback Discussion

I'd like a rollback, please. I think it'd be wise. (Hope this isn't a dupe thread by the time I post it)

And regardless of if we get one or not I have this question for En Masse: for the sake of transparency, can you tell us how you came to the conclusion that this was the best course of action for reset scrolls? Or did you just blindly follow what the devs told you to do? Did bhs give you any reasoning? What do you think of the long term consequences of this decision?

Comments

• As a returning player i am hugely disappointed in this patch. A rollback is mandatory. TBH i am so disappointed i have uninstalled and removed myself from tera server discords and class discords. It's even worse for new players. SO BAD!! Fix it EME
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meningitis wrote: »
    I'd like a rollback, please. I think it'd be wise. (Hope this isn't a dupe thread by the time I post it)

And regardless of if we get one or not I have this question for En Masse: for the sake of transparency, can you tell us how you came to the conclusion that this was the best course of action for reset scrolls? Or did you just blindly follow what the devs told you to do? Did bhs give you any reasoning? What do you think of the long term consequences of this decision?

EME does what BHS tells em to do. There is little we can do about it. If BHS (Krafton) tells em to leave the prices alone, then EME will comply.
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    reminder that BHS wanted the 2% broker listing fee to "combat inflation". (This is an exact quote btw).
  • FernetDobleFernetDoble ✭✭✭
    Lol, this is just hilarious.
    Not rolling back after ppl getting dozens of millions out of a exploit(or whatever you want to called it) would be the most stupidly [filtered] thing eme could do. Only an astronomically stupid company would let a mistake like this destroying the economy.
    So I guess they won't reroll at all.
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    EME does what BHS tells em to do. There is little we can do about it. If BHS (Krafton) tells em to leave the prices alone, then EME will comply.
    I'm very aware of this. The least they can do is tell BHS to give them their reasoning to help quell the panic. Though I'm sure it wouldn't do much, but it'd be something.
  • In order that I can keep feedback threads like this open and relay as much player opinion as possible, please don't make flamebait comments. Please stay on-topic and provide objective arguments to support your case.

As was alluded to above, decisions like this follow a chain of command, so those seeing these arguments need to be able to elevate these arguments to the "higher ups." If the thread is full of bile and insults, they won't pass it along. Everyone's cooperation is really appreciated on this important topic.
  • MythologiqueMythologique ✭✭
    edited April 10
    At this point I'm starting to question the legitimacy of EME's argument that "BHS made us do it, it's not our fault", because it's sounding a lot more like they're just trying to hide behind a parent company halfway around the world that also has the language barrier as an excuse knowing that the NA community can't really challenge them. The complete and utter inability to take any blame at all for anything that has happened recently and instead just resorting to pointing fingers and shrugging shoulders is disgusting regardless of who's at fault.
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    In order that I can keep feedback threads like this open and relay as much player opinion as possible, please don't make flamebait comments. Please stay on-topic and provide objective arguments to support your case.

As was alluded to above, decisions like this follow a chain of command, so those seeing these arguments need to be able to elevate these arguments to the "higher ups." If the thread is full of bile and insults, they won't pass it along. Everyone's cooperation is really appreciated on this important topic.
    This also needs to be treated with urgency. Waiting for a few days will be too late to roll back I'd imagine. Can you think of any way we might get this process going faster? Eme seems to have gone home for the night when their community is entering cardiac arrest.
  • kamizuma wrote: »
    reminder that BHS wanted the 2% broker listing fee to "combat inflation". (This is an exact quote btw).

You combat inflation by giving one years supply of free gold. GENIUS.
  • > @Meningitis said:
    > counterpoint wrote: »
    >
    > In order that I can keep feedback threads like this open and relay as much player opinion as possible, please don't make flamebait comments. Please stay on-topic and provide objective arguments to support your case.
    >
    > As was alluded to above, decisions like this follow a chain of command, so those seeing these arguments need to be able to elevate these arguments to the "higher ups." If the thread is full of bile and insults, they won't pass it along. Everyone's cooperation is really appreciated on this important topic.
    >
    >
    >
    > This also needs to be treated with urgency. Waiting for a few days will be too late to roll back I'd imagine. Can you think of any way we might get this process going faster? Eme seems to have gone home for the night when their community is entering cardiac arrest.

The only way I can imagine is shutting down the svs
  • edited April 10
    At this point I'm starting to question the legitimacy of EME's argument that "BHS made us do it, it's not our fault", because it's sounding a lot more like they're just trying to hide behind a parent company halfway around the world that also has the language barrier as an excuse knowing that the NA community can't really challenge them. The complete and utter inability to take any blame at all for anything that has happened recently and instead just resorting to pointing fingers and shrugging shoulders is disgusting regardless of who's at fault.

I don't think anyone, including them, has made this statement to imply they aren't ultimately responsible for the game they publish. But it is legitimately their policy to defer to BHS on matters involving economic and progression balance; they view that their job as a publisher, whenever BHS screws up, is to send them clear feedback so BHS can take corrective action. In the end, BHS making these decisions doesn't stop either EME or us as players from living with the consequences. But understanding how decisions are made at least explains the process we have to follow to be heard (which supports why people need to try to make feedback as clear and convincing as possible so that it can be passed along). Whether BHS will act, who knows.

At the end of the day, EME is part of the KRAFTON family anyway, so all it really means is that they follow a chain of command. EME's job right now is to collect clear and actionable player feedback and relay it to BHS ASAP.
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps stop making abusing and/or exploiting something rewarding?
    A rollback should be imperative.

Otherwise place the SES back in the shop and let everyone have "fun".
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very aware of this. The least they can do is tell BHS to give them their reasoning to help quell the panic. Though I'm sure it wouldn't do much, but it'd be something.

A rollback is very hard to perform right now.
    Im well aware that there is an apparent bug with the dismantling of semi scrolls. I believe that part as much should be rolled back, and there would be a good reason for it.

But a rollback at this point to me, looks like a double edge sword.

On one edge, you have the people who missed big time on the reset scrolls gold price sale. As always, everyone who misses out, comes out to complain, and demands changes to be made, in this case, a rollback.

On the other edge, you have the people who didnt missed out, the ppl who made big money out of the reset scrolls, and bought a lot of stuff on the broker, stuff they wanted, like costumes, and already soulbinded them to their main characters or whatever.

What do you tell those people, if the server gets rolled back and they lose all the things they already bought? Do you just tell em "serve you right for not letting me have a slice of the cake" ??

You cannot just do a rollback without negative consequences.
    The economy will stabilize, right now everything is inflated, but it will stabilize, but if you ask me, i believe everyone who is complaining about the gold inflation, are the ones who missed on the reset scroll thing, even tho it was a thing that was being discussed since months ago.

Rollback isnt something so easy as to press the big red button. Thread carefully with this, because just as many players are pissed right now, with a rollback, you will [filtered] off the other half of the players, so you wouldn't be making anyone happy.
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    Well I'm over being pissed off at EME right now. Now I am feeling more like sad that a company would do this to its customers. I'm never ever buying emp off them again. Maybe if enough players stopped buying emp they might wake up.
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭

A rollback is very hard to perform right now.
    Im well aware that there is an apparent bug with the dismantling of semi scrolls. I believe that part as much should be rolled back, and there would be a good reason for it.

But a rollback at this point to me, looks like a double edge sword.

On one edge, you have the people who missed big time on the reset scrolls gold price sale. As always, everyone who misses out, comes out to complain, and demands changes to be made, in this case, a rollback.

On the other edge, you have the people who didnt missed out, the ppl who made big money out of the reset scrolls, and bought a lot of stuff on the broker, stuff they wanted, like costumes, and already soulbinded them to their main characters or whatever.

What do you tell those people, if the server gets rolled back and they lose all the things they already bought? Do you just tell em "serve you right for not letting me have a slice of the cake" ??

You cannot just do a rollback without negative consequences.
    The economy will stabilize, right now everything is inflated, but it will stabilize, but if you ask me, i believe everyone who is complaining about the gold inflation, are the ones who missed on the reset scroll thing, even tho it was a thing that was being discussed since months ago.

Rollback isnt something so easy as to press the big red button. Thread carefully with this, because just as many players are pissed right now, with a rollback, you will [filtered] off the other half of the players, so you wouldn't be making anyone happy.

This isn't about the reset scrolls, unless the prices were changed later.
    This is about the SES issue.