[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Rollback Discussion

Comments

• HitAhARD16HitAhARD16 ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Catfeine wrote: »
    As someone who made a good chunk of money off the reset scrolls, I honestly think the rollback is a good idea.
    People can say that the market would "balance itself out" after awhile, but that's just not fair to new players. I'm an old time player who just came back a few weeks ago, and even then the market was pretty high. Though still doable since gold seems to be a little easier to get now without having to buy stuff with EMP. Granted in Kaiator the market is higher than in Velika (I've got characters on both).

It's a little upsetting losing the costumes you finally got to buy after so long, but a lot of people didn't just buy costumes because they have been wanting them, a lot of people bought them to make profit off them later. Plus the huge exploit with semi's was just ridiculous, I know someone who took advantage of it, and it was just mind boggling. The people who made tons and tons of gold are going to be salty about the rollback, but you'll still be getting some of that money back, just not nearly as much so it doesn't break the economy.
    I do agree that EME should have rolled back a lot sooner than this, but the game did take awhile to even get finished.

Sorry if what I said was already mostly stated in this thread, I just thought I'd give my opinion on the matter as someone who was part of the people who got to profit off the reset scrolls.

SO how did the SES break the game? Everybody sites this but it always comes back to the economy and the gold. If people cared about the economy at all there wouldnt be any kamisumas or fellows. People just want the gold thats all it is.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    CornishRex wrote: »
    CornishRex wrote: »
    A roll back is good, and for the people complaining they lost ~16 hours of playing, that's just it, 16 hours of playing. As opposed to losing a whole economy and messing up every new person that decides to play this game or anyone that didn't have elite. Get a grip guys.

Are you 0iq? New Players aren't the one's syncing thousands of dollars into this company to keep them afloat. I would rather a big F**k you to those "new" players than to ostracize those who actively keep up and support the game. The economy would have self-stabilized eventually. They've screwed everyone over two-fold for absolutely no other reason than their own incompetence.

Are you that upset over losing a few hours of grind as opposed to losing a ton of players (including veterans!) because of these item dupes and reset scroll messups? Half a day of grind is a tiny amount of grind you'll have to do to reach lvl 70 on one character, let alone multiple. Seriously, chill the heck out. Most people here seem to be rabid, sounds scary lmao

Losing one day is somehow worse than losing months of gold grind and lost value in emp purchases which breeds discontent and makes people leave. You people.

Breeds discontent? You act like everyone was okay with the game before the patch dropped. Who do you think are the people out there grinding their asses off last night? A whole [filtered] ton of veterans. I know so many of them and not a single one of them complained about this nonsense. All they did was get on and do their thing, grind. I don't think you get the fact that these "couple hours of grinding" aren't simple hours. Many people took time that they could have spent making real money to play this game. You know what they got? 15 hours of maintenance (roughly after this emergency one), a Rollback, and a [filtered] 20% xp buff. Anything rng that was obtained, now lost. It's not a simple matter, stop acting like it is. The rollback is just another bandaid on an already dying game. As a veteran, this is by far the furthest I've seen enmasse shove their heads up their own asses.

They weren't okay and this patch just made it much, much worse. And I couldn't agree more with you, enmasse messed up big time, they had to waste their own players time even more with the rollback but I stand behind it, ultimately the rollback was the right decision to make. I know how it is to lose hours of time when you have a day off and eme decides to do a 12 hr maint and it sucks but I'd rather have a more proper version of the game than this mess.
  • HitAhARD16 wrote: »

SO how did the SES break the game? Everybody sites this but it always comes back to the economy and the gold. If people cared about the economy at all there wouldnt be any kamisumas or fellows. People just want the gold thats all it is.
    Someone has already pointed the SES break out to you in a previous post
    tyeme.png
    THIS shouldn't have happened.
  • man i honestly dont give a rats [filtered] about the gold that was givien so freely. i'm more upset about the fact i spent last night to grind for the experience and the red quest to have it thrown out the window because they couldn't, you know, test their game to make sure it wasn't broken/bugged.
  • HitAhARD16HitAhARD16 ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    HitAhARD16 wrote: »

tyeme.png

Shouldnt of happned got it. HOW does it break the game? Where was this explained ive missed it in this [filtered] storm of a thread.
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭

tyeme.png

Shouldnt of happned got it. HOW does it break the game?

Players that abused the SES bug plus players that suddenly got 30m+ gold.
    Shouldn't be so difficult to figure it out.
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Real game freak type thing. Taking time off your job for a game that's on it death bed wth. I'll be so glad if all the toxic vets leave and even the ones that only play, to find bugs to exploit lol.

tyeme.png

"because it's a free market so those mats that are consumed will be traded (at a competitive price due to trade broker listing fee, i.e. no stupid prices that won't sell) and most of the gold will go to one person that then buys other stuff from other people putting gold into other players hands and this cycle will continue until the economy reaches a balanced point" (but forum brainlets won't understand that this means it won't break the economy)

tyeme.png

SES bug introducing untradeable mats and infusing the game with talents everybody has been crying about there being a lack of does not break the game. The gold? Prices steadily on a creep up anyways. 1 mill gold for a dragon mount tell me how this effects new players in a positive way the way the prices were?
  • I swear to god the Beta Version of this game that I tested is still by far superior than the [filtered] we have now. Not everyone exploited the patch but we're all forced to suffer regardless. At this point, it's not even about the rollback or the exploits. It's about how EME and BHS consistently make such simple ports of the game turn into something convoluted and confusing. I've never once seen a good patch note drop before a patch. I've never seen them hit a PUBLICLY ANNOUNCED ETA for a huge update. Even when they do meet eta's they still leave the game a little more broken than the patch that was the predecessor. What is the point of giving a patch announcement when all you do is hide information until AFTER the patch? It makes no sense. They have twitter, their forums, their own website, and even discord. yet they still do not utilize these things properly and communicate with us. Player council? they have no more say than the rest of us. It's a complete sham. There' is no transparency with EME or BHS. It's ridiculous. Everyone gets shafted left and right consistently. @CornishRex
  • YWLD3DX3WH wrote: »
    (but forum brainlets won't understand that this means it won't break the economy)

• YWLD3DX3WHYWLD3DX3WH ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    ALSO of note, this "inflation" makes it MUCH easier for a new player to make money. I got bored and was looking through my bank, I had like 400 moongourds that I spent maybe an HOUR gathering when I was bored a few weeks ago and sold them for ~100k. Easy money for new players through gathering!
    I sold a few stacks of 100 lein's dark rootbeer for ~50k each. Easy money for new players! Makes crafting worthwhile!

The economy would have STABILIZED to a MUCH more healthy place and given new players good income by doing stuff that isnt running top tier dungeons if you all gave it time.
    YWLD3DX3WH wrote: »
    (but forum brainlets won't understand that this means it won't break the economy)

• This is very concerning... I JUST came back after not playing for a very long time and my first character I made is already getting a rollback? I've been able to play maybe 20 mins today and it's all rolled back? lol
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭

tyeme.png

SES bug introducing untradeable mats and infusing the game with talents everybody has been crying about there being a lack of does not break the game. The gold? Prices steadily on a creep up anyways. 1 mill gold for a dragon mount tell me how this effects new players in a positive way the way the prices were?

Stop going back front with ignorant people simple as that. This guy does not understand the real issue, so leave him in his ignorance the rollback is happen and no amounts of bad talk will stop it.