[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Rollback Discussion

Comments

• Time to ask all players their start date when they apply to my LFGs so I can actually kill the game by denying them from my parties so they have no reason to play, since they want to cry to the forums and have my personal time (HINT: THIS IS THE IMPORTANT THING. PEOPLE HAVE TAKEN OFF WORK JUST TO BE SLAPPED IN THE FACE) rolled back because they couldn't make the same gold as someone who's had elite for close to 5 years straight.

5 years of elite equal to $900 into the game. 5 years of logging in everyday and playing the game.
    Yet the guys that never paid for elite or played this game for long enough to even understand any of the mechanics of the dungeons are crying about "vets got bunch of gold". You know what? Vets did deserve this. Why shouldn't people who played this game for so long and spend real money on it not be rewarded for it?
  • Melyodis wrote: »
    NA player base is to greedy, the economy would have never stabilized.

THIS is the reason there is a rollback because the greedy peeps didnt get to cash in also, lol.
  • Lilienette wrote: »
    Does this mean all the quests I did for the last 10 hours are gonna be reset?

Yes, all your time the past 24+ hours was wasted. We'll be going back to a snapshot of 4/8. :smile:
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    Lilienette wrote: »

Correct. It'll be like the patch just released today.
  • YWLD3DX3WH wrote: »

Yes, all your time the past 24+ hours was wasted. We'll be going back to a snapshot of 4/8. :smile:

4/9
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭

quests, trades, enchanting, dungeon drops, ep/exp farm everything done goes back to how it was prior to yesteday mainty.
  • YWLD3DX3WHYWLD3DX3WH ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    YWLD3DX3WH wrote: »

4/9

Tera was down for most of 4/9 so it's essentially 4/8 as very little can even be done the morning before maintenance due to low player population. :)
    Time to ask all players their start date when they apply to my LFGs so I can actually kill the game by denying them from my parties so they have no reason to play, since they want to cry to the forums and have my personal time (HINT: THIS IS THE IMPORTANT THING. PEOPLE HAVE TAKEN OFF WORK JUST TO BE SLAPPED IN THE FACE) rolled back because they couldn't make the same gold as someone who's had elite for close to 5 years straight.

No, my start date is May 1, 2012 when the game launched and I've been a subscriber or Elite basically the entire time. There is a perspective that is about a lot more than just "what's in it for me." These economic exploits completely undervalued the time we all spent in the game, veterans and new players alike -- not just the last 16 hours of time, but years of time spent in the game. So this decision actually was about valuing your time. The short term pain will pass.
  • Hi guys, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and i approve of this rollback! Next week we should put in participation rewards for everyone who just cant get through a dungeon but tried their best! Don't forget we only have 12 years left on this planet so we should just give free stuff to everyone!
  • mrtubby, the heck are you on about?
  • HitAhARD16HitAhARD16 ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Time to ask all players their start date when they apply to my LFGs so I can actually kill the game by denying them from my parties so they have no reason to play, since they want to cry to the forums and have my personal time (HINT: THIS IS THE IMPORTANT THING. PEOPLE HAVE TAKEN OFF WORK JUST TO BE SLAPPED IN THE FACE) rolled back because they couldn't make the same gold as someone who's had elite for close to 5 years straight.

No, my start date is May 1, 2012 when the game launched and I've been a subscriber or Elite basically the entire time. There is a perspective that is about a lot more than just "what's in it for me." These economic exploits completely undervalued the time we all spent in the game, veterans and new players alike -- not just the last 16 hours of time, but years of time spent in the game. So this decision actually was about valuing your time. The short term pain will pass.

What economic exploits my dude? SES to golden talents that people have been complaining they need to introduce more into the game OR the GOLD? I finally got paid then capitalized on all the time and money for elite ive spent in the game. The deal with the rollback im sure is the greed of the people that missed out.

4/9

Tera was down for most of 4/9 so it's essentially 4/8 as very little can even be done the morning before maintenance due to low player population. :)

Yes, it was down most of the day. It's already said that everything will be reset to right before maint started on 4/9.
  • AzariahKyrasAzariahKyras ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Im reading these comments and holy [filtered] there are so many greedy people here and so many mad nerds that they lost their "progress" in the past 16 hours.
    How selfish can you be to be crying over your 1 [filtered] level up you got when the entire game broke , when a [filtered] group of people bought the ENTIRE Trade broker and put the prices higher, THEN ANOTHER group did the same and it went over.
    Now many of you mad uneducated fuckign retards ask how this affected the game in a bad way, did any of you crying plebs even checked the TB today? Talents were few times higher than normal , darics were the same , EVERYTHING was more expencive, even glasses i had for sale were bought and put on the market for [filtered] 200k gold when i sold them for 30.
    Why this happened? (you wont ask because you are obviously braindead) It happened because someone made [filtered] 150 millions gold out of nothing and could literally dictate how you play the game.
    stop crying your [filtered] asses off over your "lost" progress in 1 level when the [filtered] patch isnt even intended so you reach 5 lvls in 2 days. Also if you managed to reach 1 lvl in 1 day , congrats you gonna do it again because you obviously have nothing else to do than grind 15 hours a day, while the rest of the playerbase cant play that much even if we wanted to.
    So yeah if 10% of the playerbase is "hurt" about the [filtered] exp lost or even the quests ( LIKE SOMEONE IS FORCING YOU TO DO QUESTS OR LEVEL UP, ITS A [filtered] GAME DO WHAT YOU WANT) it will be FOREVER better than the game being broken as [filtered] and probably 100 players on server dictating how the game goes because they simply can with the amount of gold they got from nothing.
    So shut your crying asses and be happy this is getting done.
    Yes its a bit late for a rollback but holy [filtered] was i happy when i got dced while playing because i didnt know its happening, if your tiny brains with 4 braincells cant understand what the [filtered] just happened with the last patch now , you would have understood in the future probably and left the game instantly altho by that time it would have been 100 people playing it anyways.
    I cant express how pissed off i get from reading these selfish [filtered] fuckign comments crying over everything.
    You got 20% exp boost as compensation? be [filtered] gratefull about it its better than what happened, EVERYTHING is better than what happened.
    But ofcourse im gonna get flamed now by the "elitists" after i post this with your shittalk like "i paid 10000000$ to this game bla bla bla bal bla" , let me tell you something pal, NOBODY GIVES A [filtered] NOBODY ASKED YOU DO TO IT NOBODY FORCED U TO DO IT. So shut the [filtered] up and play if you wanna play.

EDIT:
    Would you look at that?

As additional compensation:
    From the end of maintenance to Monday, April 15th @ 4am PDT, logging in will gain you 5 days of elite status time. If you already have elite status, this will be added on to that existing Elite status time.

As well, purchases that were claimed from the item claim during the period between the ending of the 4/9 maintenance and the beginning of today's maintenance, those purchases will be re-added to your item claim so that there are no lost items.

Let me hear your [filtered] cries about YOU not getting FREE stuff after the FREE stuff you got is removed ?
  • How long does it take to do a rollback?
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    -snip-

This isn't exactly constructive. If you want to be taken serious, I'd advise re-doing your whole post. You sound exactly what you're calling out in your post, not gonna lie OP.