[TERA PC] Known issue: Little Red Tokens from the Little Red and the Wolf event have an inventory limit of 999 and if receiving a Vanguard Request reward will raise your token quantity over the limit, you will not be able to receive any of the reward items. We apologize for the inconvenience, but ask that you please exchange tokens prior to completing dungeon Vanguard Requests if you are approaching the inventory limit. Event details: https://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-anniversary-little-red-and-the-wolf
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Rollback Discussion

1121315171824

Comments

  • EJECWCWG55EJECWCWG55 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    sanj66 wrote: »
    YWLD3DX3WH wrote: »
    Time to ask all players their start date when they apply to my LFGs so I can actually kill the game by denying them from my parties so they have no reason to play, since they want to cry to the forums and have my personal time (HINT: THIS IS THE IMPORTANT THING. PEOPLE HAVE TAKEN OFF WORK JUST TO BE SLAPPED IN THE FACE) rolled back because they couldn't make the same gold as someone who's had elite for close to 5 years straight.

    No, my start date is May 1, 2012 when the game launched and I've been a subscriber or Elite basically the entire time. There is a perspective that is about a lot more than just "what's in it for me." These economic exploits completely undervalued the time we all spent in the game, veterans and new players alike -- not just the last 16 hours of time, but years of time spent in the game. So this decision actually was about valuing your time. The short term pain will pass.

    not of people quit over the continued incompetence and issues, do you think people who legit grinded are happy and want to regrind? and lets be real the people who actually play the game, from even back then value the time they spent yesterday over the nostalgia of the past my dude.

    If you wanna be real, let's be real. The game is still heavily populated at times after everyone has screamed 'I'M QUITTING AND NEVER COMING BACK.' Honestly, 'quitting' has become more of a meme than anything else around here.

    Heavely populated? We lose more than half the population in the last year, How can you say we are heavely populated?

    At the current stage TERA is unoficially in maint mode after the amount of people who left when we had the last issue half year ago.

    Funny thing is when the game had more population than ever we got events that "broke the economy" several times and the game was doing better than ever.

    Now things are done "caring for that economy" and the game is going downhill.
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    HitAhARD16 wrote: »
    YWLD3DX3WH wrote: »
    Time to ask all players their start date when they apply to my LFGs so I can actually kill the game by denying them from my parties so they have no reason to play, since they want to cry to the forums and have my personal time (HINT: THIS IS THE IMPORTANT THING. PEOPLE HAVE TAKEN OFF WORK JUST TO BE SLAPPED IN THE FACE) rolled back because they couldn't make the same gold as someone who's had elite for close to 5 years straight.

    No, my start date is May 1, 2012 when the game launched and I've been a subscriber or Elite basically the entire time. There is a perspective that is about a lot more than just "what's in it for me." These economic exploits completely undervalued the time we all spent in the game, veterans and new players alike -- not just the last 16 hours of time, but years of time spent in the game. So this decision actually was about valuing your time. The short term pain will pass.

    What economic exploits my dude? SES to golden talents that people have been complaining they need to introduce more into the game OR the GOLD? I finally got paid then capitalized on all the time and money for elite ive spent in the game. The deal with the rollback im sure is the greed of the people that missed out.

    I have a hard time believing that you're arguing in good faith, so I'm not going to keep repeating myself after this. When people exploit the economy for selfish gain, the entire game loses. The people who exploited got an advantage they did not deserve at all. That includes you. You did not deserve to "get paid" for "all the time and money for elite" more than anyone else who paid the same thing, just because you opened your Elite Consumable Boxes before the patch and others who weren't aware did not. This is blatantly and obvious unfair. If this was an award given to all Elite players globally as a thanks for their loyalty and all paying subscribers could benefit, great. (I'm in generally favor of loyalty rewards for long-time Elite subscribers, by the way.) But that's not what this was.

    You're accusing people arguing out of self-interest, but you're just projecting your own reasons for the argument into the debate. Fairness is a principle that has nothing to do with whether you personally won or lost in the deal.

    where was this fairness with the token price leak? they refused to roll back then, or the broken mongo event, both issues were blatantly unfair, people abused both for selfish gain anbd got and kept an advantage they didnt deserve.
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    .
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    How long does it take to do a rollback?

    It's unknown how long it will take for them to rollback the server. They'll give an ETA when they get one. (hopefully.)

    Mockery:
    EME 1 - "It's been 3 days and we lost both the live data and backup!"
    EME 2 - "Hurry, call BHS!"
    BHS -
    this-is-fine.0.jpg
    *Chuckle*

    Margaret, darling. Long-time-no-see. ♥

    *Wave*
    Indeed.
    Hi Naru.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    EJECWCWG55 wrote: »
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    sanj66 wrote: »
    YWLD3DX3WH wrote: »
    Time to ask all players their start date when they apply to my LFGs so I can actually kill the game by denying them from my parties so they have no reason to play, since they want to cry to the forums and have my personal time (HINT: THIS IS THE IMPORTANT THING. PEOPLE HAVE TAKEN OFF WORK JUST TO BE SLAPPED IN THE FACE) rolled back because they couldn't make the same gold as someone who's had elite for close to 5 years straight.

    No, my start date is May 1, 2012 when the game launched and I've been a subscriber or Elite basically the entire time. There is a perspective that is about a lot more than just "what's in it for me." These economic exploits completely undervalued the time we all spent in the game, veterans and new players alike -- not just the last 16 hours of time, but years of time spent in the game. So this decision actually was about valuing your time. The short term pain will pass.

    not of people quit over the continued incompetence and issues, do you think people who legit grinded are happy and want to regrind? and lets be real the people who actually play the game, from even back then value the time they spent yesterday over the nostalgia of the past my dude.

    If you wanna be real, let's be real. The game is still heavily populated at times after everyone has screamed 'I'M QUITTING AND NEVER COMING BACK.' Honestly, 'quitting' has become more of a meme than anything else around here.

    Heavely populated? We lose more than half the population in the last year, How can you say we are heavely populated?

    At the current stage TERA is unoficially in maint mode after the amount of people who left when we had the last issue half year ago.

    Funny thing is when the game had more population than ever we got events that "broke the economy" several times and the game was doing better than ever.

    Now things are done "caring for that economy" and the game is going downhill.

    The only time anyone actually argues 'playerbase drop' is when they include it with Steam logistics, which doesn't account for even a substantial amount of players. There's been no real showing of a playerbase drop other than 'I'M QUITTING'.
  • It was definitely needed to do a rollback and fix such a big mess but what i do not understand is this:

    Free instance reset scrolls obtained from the Elite consumables box will have its sale price reduced drastically.

    What means drastically reduced? And compared to what? Because if it is lower than what we were supposed to receive if the maintenance was not a mess considering that the market received such a shock.. Then the players are going to be the biggest losers .. And only because the maintenance was a mess.

    I hope that we are going to get some decent prices for our region and this drastically lower will not be something miserable only because there was this shock with the market and now the prices should be drastically lowered to fix it..

    Are they actually reducing scroll prices?
  • EJECWCWG55EJECWCWG55 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    .
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    EJECWCWG55 wrote: »
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    sanj66 wrote: »
    YWLD3DX3WH wrote: »
    Time to ask all players their start date when they apply to my LFGs so I can actually kill the game by denying them from my parties so they have no reason to play, since they want to cry to the forums and have my personal time (HINT: THIS IS THE IMPORTANT THING. PEOPLE HAVE TAKEN OFF WORK JUST TO BE SLAPPED IN THE FACE) rolled back because they couldn't make the same gold as someone who's had elite for close to 5 years straight.

    No, my start date is May 1, 2012 when the game launched and I've been a subscriber or Elite basically the entire time. There is a perspective that is about a lot more than just "what's in it for me." These economic exploits completely undervalued the time we all spent in the game, veterans and new players alike -- not just the last 16 hours of time, but years of time spent in the game. So this decision actually was about valuing your time. The short term pain will pass.

    not of people quit over the continued incompetence and issues, do you think people who legit grinded are happy and want to regrind? and lets be real the people who actually play the game, from even back then value the time they spent yesterday over the nostalgia of the past my dude.

    If you wanna be real, let's be real. The game is still heavily populated at times after everyone has screamed 'I'M QUITTING AND NEVER COMING BACK.' Honestly, 'quitting' has become more of a meme than anything else around here.

    Heavely populated? We lose more than half the population in the last year, How can you say we are heavely populated?

    At the current stage TERA is unoficially in maint mode after the amount of people who left when we had the last issue half year ago.

    Funny thing is when the game had more population than ever we got events that "broke the economy" several times and the game was doing better than ever.

    Now things are done "caring for that economy" and the game is going downhill.

    The only time anyone actually argues 'playerbase drop' is when they include it with Steam logistics, which doesn't account for even a substantial amount of players. There's been no real showing of a playerbase drop other than 'I'M QUITTING'.

    From 5 servers to only 2 in the last 2 years after the prevois merge. That speak a lot about the population itself dude.

    It is you trying to be blind about what is happening.

    There were no rollback on mongos, there were no rollback on entropic shops in the past and game was better than this.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    It was definitely needed to do a rollback and fix such a big mess but what i do not understand is this:

    Free instance reset scrolls obtained from the Elite consumables box will have its sale price reduced drastically.

    What means drastically reduced? And compared to what? Because if it is lower than what we were supposed to receive if the maintenance was not a mess considering that the market received such a shock.. Then the players are going to be the biggest losers .. And only because the maintenance was a mess.

    I hope that we are going to get some decent prices for our region and this drastically lower will not be something miserable only because there was this shock with the market and now the prices should be drastically lowered to fix it..

    Are they actually reducing scroll prices?

    Yeah, it's been stated they're reducing it. It's in the Emergency Maintenance thread;
    bit.ly/2IaIQy9
  • YWLD3DX3WH wrote: »
    Melyodis wrote: »
    HitAhARD16 wrote: »
    Melyodis wrote: »
    NA player base is to greedy, the economy would have never stabilized.

    THIS is the reason there is a rollback because the greedy peeps didnt get to cash in also, lol.

    And your still here missing the point is not about the gold dude. You got gold free for hoarding some scroll and yet still listing items for far more that its worth and what about the ses exploit. I saw the rollback was asked for after the ses expoilt was leaked, cause those who found it refrained from reporting it that's just greed of its self. No honesty or morals. None of this happend on EU why? they not greedy like us.

    Your done rich and still want to be more rich. why didn't golden talents raise to 90g to cover the 2%, or the golden plates that i saw for 3k per plates raise to 700g and what about the other items costumes ect that went sky high. The issue is greed its not about the gold we all got from the reset scrolls.

    You fail to understand the concept of a free market. An item is worth what someone will pay for it. The seller has to pay a listing fee regardless, so they will lose money if they post for a price people will not buy at.
    Not only rich people sell.
    Poor people and new players have an opportunity to sell stuff too, at increased prices, see my prior posts.
    The market wasn't "ruined" due to the short term inflation. Infact, it gave poor people a very great opportunity (read up on the greater fool theory) to sell some very easy to get stuff at a nice price and level out the gold and reach an equilibrium.

    There's nothing "free market" about this. Imagine you wake up one morning, and 1/3 of the people in your city suddenly won the lottery and have millions of dollars while the rest don't. Are you really going to tell the people who didn't win "don't worry -- it's a free market, it'll all work out in time"? In our case, this imbalanced change would have completely upended the intended progression flow of the game in completely unpredictable ways for months, and to the massive benefit of those who "won the lottery." It's some real twisted logic to tell the people who didn't win "actually this is good for you, really" when the people it's most good for are those who exploited.

    You're basically saying "you should overlook this grave unfairness, and look to the bright side of how this might actually benefit you!" and that's just ridiculous. How about we address the underlying unfairness.
  • EJECWCWG55 1:38PM
    .
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    » show previous quotes

    The only time anyone actually argues 'playerbase drop' is when they include it with Steam logistics, which doesn't account for even a substantial amount of players. There's been no real showing of a playerbase drop other than 'I'M QUITTING'.

    From 5 servers to only 2 in the last 2 years after the prevois merge. That speak a lot about the population itself dude.

    It is you trying to be blind about what is happening.

    I've seen a lot good players quit this game, A LOT. While it might not look like big numbers, but loosing even 10 players that spend hours upon hours playing the game, making LFG groups, helping people learn and etc is a big thing. The less skilled dedicated players you have, the less new players will be able to do higher content and learn the game properly. And let's be honest here, Tera has a high learning curve.
    Just look at the buddy up codes. After posting over 10 of them x3, I had all of them used. That's 30 people. You know how many made it to level 65? 5. 5 out of 30 people. You know how many I still saw playing? 2. Just 2 people out of 30 that used my buddy up code stayed in the game. And we worry about new players and not the vets?
  • Naru2008 wrote: »
    EJECWCWG55 wrote: »
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    sanj66 wrote: »
    YWLD3DX3WH wrote: »
    Time to ask all players their start date when they apply to my LFGs so I can actually kill the game by denying them from my parties so they have no reason to play, since they want to cry to the forums and have my personal time (HINT: THIS IS THE IMPORTANT THING. PEOPLE HAVE TAKEN OFF WORK JUST TO BE SLAPPED IN THE FACE) rolled back because they couldn't make the same gold as someone who's had elite for close to 5 years straight.

    No, my start date is May 1, 2012 when the game launched and I've been a subscriber or Elite basically the entire time. There is a perspective that is about a lot more than just "what's in it for me." These economic exploits completely undervalued the time we all spent in the game, veterans and new players alike -- not just the last 16 hours of time, but years of time spent in the game. So this decision actually was about valuing your time. The short term pain will pass.

    not of people quit over the continued incompetence and issues, do you think people who legit grinded are happy and want to regrind? and lets be real the people who actually play the game, from even back then value the time they spent yesterday over the nostalgia of the past my dude.

    If you wanna be real, let's be real. The game is still heavily populated at times after everyone has screamed 'I'M QUITTING AND NEVER COMING BACK.' Honestly, 'quitting' has become more of a meme than anything else around here.

    Heavely populated? We lose more than half the population in the last year, How can you say we are heavely populated?

    At the current stage TERA is unoficially in maint mode after the amount of people who left when we had the last issue half year ago.

    Funny thing is when the game had more population than ever we got events that "broke the economy" several times and the game was doing better than ever.

    Now things are done "caring for that economy" and the game is going downhill.

    The only time anyone actually argues 'playerbase drop' is when they include it with Steam logistics, which doesn't account for even a substantial amount of players. There's been no real showing of a playerbase drop other than 'I'M QUITTING'.

    A *percentage* of the playerbase uses steam. A 10% steam drop will generally mean a 10% player drop overall
  • HitAhARD16 wrote: »
    YWLD3DX3WH wrote: »
    Time to ask all players their start date when they apply to my LFGs so I can actually kill the game by denying them from my parties so they have no reason to play, since they want to cry to the forums and have my personal time (HINT: THIS IS THE IMPORTANT THING. PEOPLE HAVE TAKEN OFF WORK JUST TO BE SLAPPED IN THE FACE) rolled back because they couldn't make the same gold as someone who's had elite for close to 5 years straight.

    No, my start date is May 1, 2012 when the game launched and I've been a subscriber or Elite basically the entire time. There is a perspective that is about a lot more than just "what's in it for me." These economic exploits completely undervalued the time we all spent in the game, veterans and new players alike -- not just the last 16 hours of time, but years of time spent in the game. So this decision actually was about valuing your time. The short term pain will pass.

    What economic exploits my dude? SES to golden talents that people have been complaining they need to introduce more into the game OR the GOLD? I finally got paid then capitalized on all the time and money for elite ive spent in the game. The deal with the rollback im sure is the greed of the people that missed out.

    I have a hard time believing that you're arguing in good faith, so I'm not going to keep repeating myself after this. When people exploit the economy for selfish gain, the entire game loses. The people who exploited got an advantage they did not deserve at all. That includes you. You did not deserve to "get paid" for "all the time and money for elite" more than anyone else who paid the same thing, just because you opened your Elite Consumable Boxes before the patch and others who weren't aware did not. This is blatantly and obvious unfair. If this was an award given to all Elite players globally as a thanks for their loyalty and all paying subscribers could benefit, great. (I'm in generally favor of loyalty rewards for long-time Elite subscribers, by the way.) But that's not what this was.

    You're accusing people arguing out of self-interest, but you're just projecting your own reasons for the argument into the debate. Fairness is a principle that has nothing to do with whether you personally won or lost in the deal.

    No need to repeat yourself my dude. How it it an "exploit" when it was a possibility for anybody with an elite box to make gold? The ability for anybody to cash in was there. It was not just the lucky few. It literally was open knowledge to anybody that was interested and watched EU's patch. Two weeks this knowledge was out. It was literally stated that the gold from the scrolls were adjusted to NA's economy by a mod already. Its not an exploit an exploit was the SES to SEMI to SES loop my dude. The elite was open to anybody that had elite status. The fact that people didnt see this coming from two weeks ago is the funny part. As for selfish gain my dude KAMI and FELLOW are a thing. No group of people should have that much influence over the TB. Buying low and selling high (the nature of the TB) is an exploit using your logic. The info was out there people that didnt look into the patch lost out, just like a character that auto attacks in RMHM probably didnt look for info on how to play said character.

    All this talk of how the game got broke is just people and their greed. I got more rich from the scrolls. BUT i will still be rich after this rollback.
    SES loop yes and exploit: PATCHED
    GOLD influx not an exploit: Rollback
    Im not entitled to anything, i just capitalized on a opportunity (buy LOW sell HIGH) *exploit*

    Of course im putting my opinion into my posts just as you and everybody else is in this thread.
    Tell me where the fairness is when i do my homework and pass when the people who didnt bomb so, everybody gets a C across the board for.
    *FAIRNESS*
  • YWLD3DX3WHYWLD3DX3WH ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    YWLD3DX3WH wrote: »
    Melyodis wrote: »
    HitAhARD16 wrote: »
    Melyodis wrote: »
    NA player base is to greedy, the economy would have never stabilized.

    THIS is the reason there is a rollback because the greedy peeps didnt get to cash in also, lol.

    And your still here missing the point is not about the gold dude. You got gold free for hoarding some scroll and yet still listing items for far more that its worth and what about the ses exploit. I saw the rollback was asked for after the ses expoilt was leaked, cause those who found it refrained from reporting it that's just greed of its self. No honesty or morals. None of this happend on EU why? they not greedy like us.

    Your done rich and still want to be more rich. why didn't golden talents raise to 90g to cover the 2%, or the golden plates that i saw for 3k per plates raise to 700g and what about the other items costumes ect that went sky high. The issue is greed its not about the gold we all got from the reset scrolls.

    You fail to understand the concept of a free market. An item is worth what someone will pay for it. The seller has to pay a listing fee regardless, so they will lose money if they post for a price people will not buy at.
    Not only rich people sell.
    Poor people and new players have an opportunity to sell stuff too, at increased prices, see my prior posts.
    The market wasn't "ruined" due to the short term inflation. Infact, it gave poor people a very great opportunity (read up on the greater fool theory) to sell some very easy to get stuff at a nice price and level out the gold and reach an equilibrium.

    There's nothing "free market" about this. Imagine you wake up one morning, and 1/3 of the people in your city suddenly won the lottery and have millions of dollars while the rest don't. Are you really going to tell the people who didn't win "don't worry -- it's a free market, it'll all work out in time"? In our case, this imbalanced change would have completely upended the intended progression flow of the game in completely unpredictable ways for months, and to the massive benefit of those who "won the lottery." It's some real twisted logic to tell the people who didn't win "actually this is good for you, really" when the people it's most good for are those who exploited.

    You're basically saying "you should overlook this grave unfairness, and look to the bright side of how this might actually benefit you!" and that's just ridiculous. How about we address the underlying unfairness.

    Except it hardly benefits the people who "won", and when things stabilize it's the people that didn't win that will come out ahead LOL. The people that "won" generally already have nice full banks so the "winning" is negligable - the people who didn't win are the ones scraping by with pennies.

    Current:
    Player A with 5 million "wins" and now has 20 million that gets him nothing he couldn't get before - he just has to pay heaps more to buy common yet farmable stuff from broker for convenience
    Player B with 10k doesn't win, but now has an opportunity to sell common farmable stuff at greatly increased price to people who did win. This will put him upwards of a million gold within a week or two, and he can now easily pay the raw gold fee for all his gold sink enchants.

    Prior/rollback:
    Player A with 5 million gets nothing. Prices stay the same, he continues as is, buying common stuff for pennies, he can still easily afford all he wants.
    Player B with 10k also gets nothing, and has to continue scraping by earning maybe 5k a day (since he can't sell at higher prices to players that suddenly won the jackpot, so the prices just stay the same), just enough gold for one raw gold sink enchant.

    How are you so blind to see that the short term inflation was better for the common player???
Sign In or Register to comment.