[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Rollback Discussion

Comments

• kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    YWLD3DX3WH wrote: »
    kamizuma wrote: »
    I'm laughing when I hear people that say the economy would have "balanced" out. Personally, I got 55 mil from scolls but that doesn't really matter as much as the fact I was getting over 250+ mil an hour from selling random items at literally random prices. I just went through a single character pulling items from my bank listing them for 1-5 mil ea and I come back after playing a game of league and 90% of them sold rofl. You really REALLY think the economy will stabilize when I (and maybe 3 other people) would have probably ended up with 85%+ of the gold from this gold influx (because people love buying gear/mounts/rare costumes ect)?

You just answered your own question. Do you really think you and 3 other people could maintain a deathgrip on prices once that 85% you project ended up in your hands? You and I both know the answer as to what would happen with prices.

yes. it's very easy to control/inflate/outprice/manipulate items when you have most of the gold in the game. Even easier when there's a listing fee that you can easily afford to pay and others can't.
  • YWLD3DX3WH wrote: »
    Actually if you did manage to use all of those scrolls you would have made alot more money than you made by selling them to the npc yesterday. Please, you're almost as bad as EME, at least learn the gains from the dungeons for relevant scrolls for the game you're "player counselling" for.

As a returning player I only made 60k from selling all my reset scrolls. Because I'm a returning player I wasn't able to hoard a bunch of the newer reset scrolls. Additionally, I wasn't able to farm a bunch of materials since I am a pretty recent returning player. This isn't just an issue for returning players, but for new players as well.

Why would selling my mats for high now that there's a huge influx of free gold even be an argument though? Wouldn't the people who have a ton of reset scrolls lying around and sold them also have that same opportunity? The rich would get richer while the poor try to catch up with no advantage over those who got tons of gold from selling their reset scrolls.

Are you implying new players would eventually catch up because of inflated prices? Because they wont. They will be making more gold because everything sells for so high but again, this is the same for everyone. Good luck trying to catch up to people who made a a sudden 20-50m

I rarely post here but I really don't like people who pretend they are making a decision for the good of the people when it's entirely for themselves.

• edited April 10
    First, why should Elite who hoarded their boxes and their reset scrolls get millions and millions of gold while the people who actually used their scrolls get nothing? The "adjustment" that BHS did to the sale value of the scroll was clearly, obviously, hilariously wrong given the amount of Elite Consumable Boxes in circulation. Given the care and control BHS has taken to preserving the slow/grindy progression speed these months (even if I hate it), there's no way anyone at BHS could see what happened and say "yep, that's exactly what we wanted to happen!". It was broken..

Actually if you did manage to use all of those scrolls you would have made alot more money than you made by selling them to the npc yesterday. Please, you're almost as bad as EME, at least learn the gains from the dungeons for relevant scrolls for the game you're "player counselling" for.

People had tens of millions of gold from this. There's no realistic way people could have played that much to extract that much value from all those scrolls over the years, and certainly not as "disposable income."

No, believe they meant it's fair having a similar reward while not having to actually grind the dungeons multiple times.

For doing nothing but selling unused scrolls? How many hours upon hours of playtime did those players spend to earn that much? There's no possible world where someone can say that this would be fair.
  • kamizuma wrote: »
    I'm laughing when I hear people that say the economy would have "balanced" out. Personally, I got 55 mil from scolls but that doesn't really matter as much as the fact I was getting over 250+ mil an hour from selling random items at literally random prices. I just went through a single character pulling items from my bank listing them for 1-5 mil ea and I come back after playing a game of league and 90% of them sold rofl. You really REALLY think the economy will stabilize when I (and maybe 3 other people) would have probably ended up with 85%+ of the gold from this gold influx (because people love buying gear/mounts/rare costumes ect)?

You just answered your own question. Do you really think you and 3 other people could maintain a deathgrip on prices once that 85% you project ended up in your hands? You and I both know the answer as to what would happen with prices.

yes. it's very easy to control/inflate/outprice/manipulate items when you have most of the gold in the game. Even easier when there's a listing fee that you can easily afford to pay and others can't.

Literally why people like you shouldnt exist in the game, no one person should have that much influence over the TB, OK Halliburton? Ok Fanny May?
  • kamizuma wrote: »

So you would either broker bot, no life, or are full of it. You couldn't control the items that move through quickly, and those are bought for convenience anyways i.e. can readily be farmed.
  • Sad day for Betina!
    =(

betina.png
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, why should Elite who hoarded their boxes and their reset scrolls get millions and millions of gold while the people who actually used their scrolls get nothing? The "adjustment" that BHS did to the sale value of the scroll was clearly, obviously, hilariously wrong given the amount of Elite Consumable Boxes in circulation. Given the care and control BHS has taken to preserving the slow/grindy progression speed these months (even if I hate it), there's no way anyone at BHS could see what happened and say "yep, that's exactly what we wanted to happen!". It was broken..

People had tens of millions of gold from this. There's no realistic way people could have played that much to extract that much value from all those scrolls over the years, and certainly not as "disposable income."

No, believe they meant it's fair having a similar reward while not having to actually grind the dungeons multiple times.

For doing nothing but selling unused scrolls? How many hours upon hours of playtime did those players spend to earn that much? There's no possible world where someone can say that this would be fair.

Reading some of the comments in this thread.
    Seems there are a few.
  • This post went from 0->1000 in a snap lol! What's done is already over with, just wait for maintenance to end and get on with your lives or don't :P. There is no more use in worrying about issues that are already reversed, look forward to doing the day over xD
  • YWLD3DX3WH wrote: »

Fair or not, man, EME/BHS done f'ed up this time around. We can argue all we want about this, but at the end of the day it was the company's fault.
    The advertisement for PUG is still there, while we are 2 weeks done with the event. New patch notes? Not advertised like it was supposed to be.
    The price on scrolls? Companys decision. Their mistake, their fault. No one looked and said "wait a minute, this might cause some issues?"

Its enough already that EU, Korea and NA are completely different games. But NA always gets the short stick.

You can continue go on about how it is not fair and all of that, but at the end of the day, the thing that is most unfair, is that EME/BHS let this happen, wasted people's time and money and putting bandaids over a huge problem.
  • And blindly ragging on them is making it better?
  • Why is this patch different to the SAME patch on the EU server, hmm . . That's what we should be assking EME.
  • KiymoriKiymori ✭✭
    edited April 10
    I'm fine with this Rollback as long as they plan to reimburse every single EMP,Gold and materials I used prior to the Maint, finally got my char to Frostmetal so i'm going to be cheesed if I comeback only to fail everything again.
  • So i come from a smallknit guild where everyone in that guild has had elite for many a month. since they did the scrolls for so much everyone in that guild was actually able to apex/upgrade their gear. but now due to the recent decisions of the rollback we all have to go back and redo our gear while also doing apex once again. Like you guys [filtered] and moan about how "this is fair" etc but you know what it allowed the smaller guilds who struggle to get money etc to upgrade a chance. I'm glad we've came to a decision that it would be best to throw all the work that mine and others guilds have done in the matter of 16 hours.
  • Why is this patch different to the SAME patch on the EU server, hmm . . That's what we should be assking EME.

Part of the problem is that it wasn't different when it counted. The sale price of the scrolls was changed ostensibly because the amount of scrolls in the economy were different, but obviously whatever calculation they did was wrong. Using the EU values would also have been wrong because of the Elite Consumable Boxes (though it would have been better than what we got). And then the issue with the semi price/sale value seems to have been due to previous region-specific differences that weren't fully considered.

If all the regions were actually the same 100%, obviously this issue wouldn't happen. But the whole thing stems from little regional differences over time that compound to create these problems.