[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Rollback Discussion

Comments

• As note also, I didn't even know it was a level 70 patch until my friend told me. By reading the patch notes, I did not see stating that it was level 70 patch. The preparation for this was an utter cluster. They keep players in the dark and then do this. If they would state clearly about the prices on the scrolls a week or more before the release of the patch, we wouldn't be having this problem right now.

This shouldn't have happened at all. This is bad management and producing. Someone needs to get fired and they need to start communicating with the players base.
  • KiymoriKiymori ✭✭
    MrPhoenix wrote: »
    So i come from a smallknit guild where everyone in that guild has had elite for many a month. since they did the scrolls for so much everyone in that guild was actually able to apex/upgrade their gear. but now due to the recent decisions of the rollback we all have to go back and redo our gear while also doing apex once again. Like you guys [filtered] and moan about how "this is fair" etc but you know what it allowed the smaller guilds who struggle to get money etc to upgrade a chance. I'm glad we've came to a decision that it would be best to throw all the work that mine and others guilds have done in the matter of 16 hours.

I hear you, i'm just cheesed I finally was starting the apex quest and poof, from full FM+0 all the way back to Guardian....
  • GatokatzenGatokatzen ✭✭✭
    So this patch were horrible , said the Truth long time ago xd.
    Told ya level 70 patch rip Tera.
  • TeekzTeekz ✭✭✭
    curious why EME bans people from their disc for asking questions kind of hard to support a game after behavior such as that, this and all the past mistakes.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    Teekz wrote: »
    curious why EME bans people from their disc for asking questions kind of hard to support a game after behavior such as that, this and all the past mistakes.

They didn't ban people who asked questions. They banned folks who were spam-flooding the channel with quotes and memes, taking away from the discussion, and being over-all general asshats.

If you're going to accuse them of something, at the very least try to make it sound reasonable to someone who was in there while this happened and watched it happen live. Thanks.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    HitAhARD16 wrote: »
    kamizuma wrote: »
    YWLD3DX3WH wrote: »
    kamizuma wrote: »
    I'm laughing when I hear people that say the economy would have "balanced" out. Personally, I got 55 mil from scolls but that doesn't really matter as much as the fact I was getting over 250+ mil an hour from selling random items at literally random prices. I just went through a single character pulling items from my bank listing them for 1-5 mil ea and I come back after playing a game of league and 90% of them sold rofl. You really REALLY think the economy will stabilize when I (and maybe 3 other people) would have probably ended up with 85%+ of the gold from this gold influx (because people love buying gear/mounts/rare costumes ect)?

You just answered your own question. Do you really think you and 3 other people could maintain a deathgrip on prices once that 85% you project ended up in your hands? You and I both know the answer as to what would happen with prices.

yes. it's very easy to control/inflate/outprice/manipulate items when you have most of the gold in the game. Even easier when there's a listing fee that you can easily afford to pay and others can't.

Literally why people like you shouldnt exist in the game, no one person should have that much influence over the TB, OK Halliburton? Ok Fanny May?

In direct response to this assertion, that's not entirely the fault of @kamizuma . Some games that have popular streamers (like this guy) cause massive shifts in item value simply by going "Okay. I had a thought, did a thing, and here's what happened." At least the guy in the link is self-aware enough to realize this and tries to hold off on the crazier setups until the season is almost over (to dissuade the sharks).

That being said, I'm not sure if TERA is one such game. If what I'm reading from @kamizuma is accurate, they're more or less saying "Yes, I'm making a killing, but it's more the game's fault for making it so easy for me to do this."

Not sure if that's a good thing, honestly...
  • edited April 10

No one is getting banned for "asking questions." If you think you got banned as a result of a misunderstanding while the channel was memeing or something, or want your ban to be reconsidered, please send a support ticket.
  • Teekz wrote: »

No one is getting banned for "asking questions." If you think you got banned as a result of a misunderstanding while the channel was memeing or something, or want your ban to be reconsidered, please send a support ticket.

Please send support ticket to not get a response, get ignored and not get the problem taking care of anyway.

• tadaaaatadaaaa ✭✭
    clfarron4 wrote: »
    On the SES issue: Is that an issue, given the shortage of materials which has progressively made more and more people quit since this gearing system was introduced?

Yes it is. Golden talents and silver talents are not an easy thing to obtain on NA. While EU has very much easier time, NA has to wait for double vanguard event, and then grind for hours on Tier 1 IOD to get any decent amount of the talents. And even during those events the prices of the talents do not drop enough to go crazy on buying them.

When you mean "talents" are you also referring to silver talents? Because from my knowledge, those crates from those IOD vg quests don't give any silver talents just golden ones. Unless they reward silver talents now?
  • TheCatalystTheCatalyst ✭✭✭
    For doing nothing but selling unused scrolls? How many hours upon hours of playtime did those players spend to earn that much? There's no possible world where someone can say that this would be fair.

Where do you think those scrolls come from?
    Farmed from IoD or something?
  • silver talents come from dungeon drops, I know that much. and they are pretty easy to get that way if you have a stable group to go with. And then there's the guardian legion thing (don't bother with the fighting ones without frostmetal)
  • tadaaaa wrote: »
    clfarron4 wrote: »
    On the SES issue: Is that an issue, given the shortage of materials which has progressively made more and more people quit since this gearing system was introduced?

Yes it is. Golden talents and silver talents are not an easy thing to obtain on NA. While EU has very much easier time, NA has to wait for double vanguard event, and then grind for hours on Tier 1 IOD to get any decent amount of the talents. And even during those events the prices of the talents do not drop enough to go crazy on buying them.

When you mean "talents" are you also referring to silver talents? Because from my knowledge, those crates from those IOD vg quests don't give any silver talents just golden ones. Unless they reward silver talents now?

Yes, I meant golden talents. The silver talents.... I still haven't figured out a way to get them without having to get strongbox keys and open talent boxes. Otherwise, you just running GG for 1-2 silver talents and dungeons on double drop.

• edited April 10

Please send support ticket to not get a response, get ignored and not get the problem taking care of anyway.

We've reviewed and in some cases given people second chances after Discord bans were contested via support tickets before. It gets looked into.

If you have some ticket that you really don't feel got appropriate resolution, bump it and ask that it be reviewed. But all that is off-topic to this thread.
  • Lilienette wrote: »
    silver talents come from dungeon drops, I know that much. and they are pretty easy to get that way if you have a stable group to go with. And then there's the guardian legion thing (don't bother with the fighting ones without frostmetal)

Quote, stable group. Which is hard to come by in Tera. Typically, static groups don't let many new people in and without static in Tera, you don't get much done.
    If you watch twitch, a lot of streamers do just that. Run same dungeons everyday, with a static group. They are all in Stormy and or in Heroic Oath. Why? Because they have static group.
  • For doing nothing but selling unused scrolls? How many hours upon hours of playtime did those players spend to earn that much? There's no possible world where someone can say that this would be fair.

Where do you think those scrolls come from?
    Farmed from IoD or something?

Everyone knows: from Elite Consumable Boxes. But they're there to allow you to spend more time in dungeons playing the game, not for people who didn't use them (but opened them prior to the patch so as to not lose the scrolls) to convert them into millions upon millions of gold. This has already been explained ad nauseum.