[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Rollback Discussion

Comments

• For doing nothing but selling unused scrolls? How many hours upon hours of playtime did those players spend to earn that much? There's no possible world where someone can say that this would be fair.

Where do you think those scrolls come from?
    Farmed from IoD or something?

Everyone knows: from Elite Consumable Boxes. But they're there to allow you to spend more time in dungeons playing the game, not for people who didn't use them (but opened them prior to the patch so as to not lose the scrolls) to convert them into millions upon millions of gold. This has already been explained ad nauseum.

Seriously no reason to bring up the "millions and millions of gold" anymore. We get it, EME/BHS f'ed up, yet the player base is the one that wrong and exploited the game.
  • tadaaaa wrote: »
    clfarron4 wrote: »
    On the SES issue: Is that an issue, given the shortage of materials which has progressively made more and more people quit since this gearing system was introduced?

Yes it is. Golden talents and silver talents are not an easy thing to obtain on NA. While EU has very much easier time, NA has to wait for double vanguard event, and then grind for hours on Tier 1 IOD to get any decent amount of the talents. And even during those events the prices of the talents do not drop enough to go crazy on buying them.

When you mean "talents" are you also referring to silver talents? Because from my knowledge, those crates from those IOD vg quests don't give any silver talents just golden ones. Unless they reward silver talents now?

Yes, I meant golden talents. The silver talents.... I still haven't figured out a way to get them without having to get strongbox keys and open talent boxes. Otherwise, you just running GG for 1-2 silver talents and dungeons on double drop.

Farm corsairs on double credit weekends.

1 win is 100 silver talents
  • KiymoriKiymori ✭✭
    So quick question, what's the chances all the materials I spent going form Guardian to FM are just considered gone?
  • NerdFury wrote: »
    tadaaaa wrote: »
    On the SES issue: Is that an issue, given the shortage of materials which has progressively made more and more people quit since this gearing system was introduced?

Yes it is. Golden talents and silver talents are not an easy thing to obtain on NA. While EU has very much easier time, NA has to wait for double vanguard event, and then grind for hours on Tier 1 IOD to get any decent amount of the talents. And even during those events the prices of the talents do not drop enough to go crazy on buying them.

When you mean "talents" are you also referring to silver talents? Because from my knowledge, those crates from those IOD vg quests don't give any silver talents just golden ones. Unless they reward silver talents now?

Yes, I meant golden talents. The silver talents.... I still haven't figured out a way to get them without having to get strongbox keys and open talent boxes. Otherwise, you just running GG for 1-2 silver talents and dungeons on double drop.

No offense, but I'm not interested in the battlegrounds in this game. I do not like PVP and I did not decide to play this game 4 years ago because I wanted to PVP. While it is an option, there should be an option to get them without having to do battlegrounds in sufficient amount.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    For doing nothing but selling unused scrolls? How many hours upon hours of playtime did those players spend to earn that much? There's no possible world where someone can say that this would be fair.

Elite players, for example, just got them. Login, click on the silver box, click on the silver box again (now in your inventory), boom: full suite of scrolls.

I have almost 600 unopened boxes in my bank. Had I opened everything and sold the scrolls, I would've had upwards of 9 million from just being online for maybe 30 minutes. And that's just from the Eta scrolls. Now imagine the people with a full roster of alts who happened to be maxed out on VG points...

It would've been a moot point anyway, as many people were either de-listing or buying items off the broker and then relisting them for like 5x their buying price.
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    when your butt hurt but keep posting in negative sh-it on forums . Its fun to watch them i think i should get some popcorn to watch all the butt hurt player speak its very entertain i wonder when they will stop talk about leaving and actually leave ...... 2 billion years later! where still here lol.

Best place to get silver talents is pvp. fast way is to buy from players.
  • KXRC9JMW74KXRC9JMW74 ✭✭✭
    For doing nothing but selling unused scrolls? How many hours upon hours of playtime did those players spend to earn that much? There's no possible world where someone can say that this would be fair.

Everyone knows: from Elite Consumable Boxes. But they're there to allow you to spend more time in dungeons playing the game, not for people who didn't use them (but opened them prior to the patch so as to not lose the scrolls) to convert them into millions upon millions of gold. This has already been explained ad nauseum.

Elite players , those that pay to play and keep the game going Get F**Ked here
  • Kiymori wrote: »
    So quick question, what's the chances all the materials I spent going form Guardian to FM are just considered gone?

If you bought the materials after the patch was released, they are gone. If you had them before hand, they will still be there.
  • edited April 10
    Kiymori wrote: »

Expect that everything should be the way it was just before the v80 patch maintenance (Tuesday's maintenance) began. So if you already had the mats in your inventory, they'll still be there.

SageWindu wrote: »
    I have almost 600 unopened boxes in my bank. Had I opened everything and sold the scrolls, I would've had upwards of 9 million from just being online for maybe 30 minutes. And that's just from the Eta scrolls. Now imagine the people with a full roster of alts who happened to be maxed out on VG points...

Yeah, as someone who had alts on all 5 servers before the merger, the amount of boxes accumulated was staggering (thousands). It's 10s of millions of gold that, if this had been allowed to stand, I wouldn't have deserved at all. That's the problem with that angle... never mind the semi exploit on top of that.

KXRC9JMW74 wrote: »
    Elite players , those that pay to play and keep the game going Get F**Ked here

No, we got what we paid for. We didn't deserve that excessive astronomical windfall just for selling unused scrolls.
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically, we're moving to another world line.
    Melyodis wrote: »
    when your butt hurt but keep posting in negative sh-it on forums . Its fun to watch them i think i should get some popcorn to watch all the butt hurt player speak its very entertain i wonder when they will stop talk about leaving and actually leave ...... 2 billion years later! where still here lol.

Best place to get silver talents is pvp. fast way is to buy from players.

Forgive me, but I can't keep this to myself: do you get off on antagonizing people who are upset with the state of the game or something?
  • KiymoriKiymori ✭✭
    Alright well here is hoping. Essentially went something like this

1.Saved up materials in bag
    2.Did some conversions for extra materials
    3.Bought some EMP
    4.Sold some items
    5.Jumped from Guardian to FM
    6.Went to bed
    7.Woke up to Emergency Maint lol

So if you guys are right rage quitting wont be necessary. Appreciate the answers, I have played a few games in the past where Rollsbacks don't exactly restore all progress per say.
  • Kiymori wrote: »
    Alright well here is hoping. Essentially went something like this

1.Saved up materials in bag
    2.Did some conversions for extra materials
    3.Bought some EMP
    4.Sold some items
    5.Jumped from Guardian to FM
    6.Went to bed
    7.Woke up to Emergency Maint lol

So if you guys are right rage quitting wont be necessary. Appreciate the answers, I have played a few games in the past where Rollsbacks don't exactly restore all progress per say.

If you did all this Tuesday night, but were at Step 1 before the v80 maintenance (Tuesday), you should be back at Step 1. All your gear should be at its prior state (from Tuesday morning, pre-patch). If you bought TERA items with your EMP, it should be back in item claim to take again.
  • what was the SES exploit?
    NerdFury wrote: »
    tadaaaa wrote: »

No offense, but I'm not interested in the battlegrounds in this game. I do not like PVP and I did not decide to play this game 4 years ago because I wanted to PVP. While it is an option, there should be an option to get them without having to do battlegrounds in sufficient amount.

Many people on this forum don't seem to understand that.

If I'm going to grind my socks off, I want to at least have some modicum of enjoyment in doing so. I'm with you here - PvP (Aside: the only BG I enjoyed was the Coliseum, as unbalanced as that was) is about as appealing to me as trying to swallow a pair of rusted pliers.