[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Rollback Discussion

1181920212224»

Comments

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 11
    The problem with NA is simply Greed rules 90% of the player base, and those of us who aren't greedy AF get screwed over in the end always.

Yeah, let's be real: NA-TERA has some of the most (proudly!) unscrupulous people I've come across in gaming (next to those people who wall-glitch in Overwatch). Remember that debacle with the Arsenal update and how the market blew up concerning... what was it? An item was about to go obsolete and someone (on the Council no less! memory lapse. please disregard) told a friend who then almost single-handedly caused a massive price hike on that item.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »
    The problem with NA is simply Greed rules 90% of the player base, and those of us who aren't greedy AF get screwed over in the end always.

Yeah, let's be real: NA-TERA has some of the most (proudly!) unscrupulous people I've come across in gaming (next to those people who wall-glitch in Overwatch). Remember that debacle with the Arsenal update and how the market blew up concerning... what was it? An item was about to go obsolete and someone (on the Council no less!) told a friend who then almost single-handedly caused a massive price hike on that item.

and remember how unfair that was and how they did a roll back ;) roles eyes instead and nothing happened to said exploiters
    tisnotme wrote: »

Yeah, let's be real: NA-TERA has some of the most (proudly!) unscrupulous people I've come across in gaming (next to those people who wall-glitch in Overwatch). Remember that debacle with the Arsenal update and how the market blew up concerning... what was it? An item was about to go obsolete and someone (on the Council no less!) told a friend who then almost single-handedly caused a massive price hike on that item.

and remember how unfair that was and how they did a roll back ;) roles eyes instead and nothing happened to said exploiters

Really, there was no perfect solution to this that would've benefited everyone. I'm apparently in the minority in saying this, but I'd much rather just start over with a clean(ish) slate than think about what would've happened had everything remained as it was.

I will admit, having a completely self-sustaining talent "engine" would've been nice. Ah well.
  • EJECWCWG55EJECWCWG55 ✭✭✭
    edited April 11
    tisnotme wrote: »

And remember those involved were not punished at all. Only the comunity had to pay for their greed. Feels good to be friends with PC to be allowed to exploit.
  • Well I will say I was pleasantly surprised to see this issue fixed for me and my item returned same day. I am used to MMO support taking days especially on big issues like this to correct anything. Props to them for that
  • MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭

Oh yes, I remember that cancer and people being confused about what was even going on. *Sigh* I don't really understand this need for greed, yes having gold is nice but I think players forgot it's going to take around 2 million gold for level 65-70 because of the skills etc. instead of acting stupid with the gold people got with scrolls they should have banked it for when they hit 70. Now, people who have a hard time farming gold due to time etc will be screwed over when it comes to hitting 70.
  • > @MidokuPasta said:
    > SageWindu wrote: »
    >
    > MidokuPasta wrote: »
    >
    > The problem with NA is simply Greed rules 90% of the player base, and those of us who aren't greedy AF get screwed over in the end always.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yeah, let's be real: NA-TERA has some of the most (proudly!) unscrupulous people I've come across in gaming (next to those people who wall-glitch in Overwatch). Remember that debacle with the Arsenal update and how the market blew up concerning... what was it? An item was about to go obsolete and someone (on the Council no less!) told a friend who then almost single-handedly caused a massive price hike on that item.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Oh yes, I remember that cancer and people being confused about what was even going on. *Sigh* I don't really understand this need for greed, yes having gold is nice but I think players forgot it's going to take around 2 million gold for level 65-70 because of the skills etc. instead of acting stupid with the gold people got with scrolls they should have banked it for when they hit 70. Now, people who have a hard time farming gold due to time etc will be screwed over when it comes to hitting 70.

That is what people don’t realize. Then when it comes around people are going to whine about it being too expensive lmao.
  • SageWindu wrote: »
    Remember that debacle with the Arsenal update and how the market blew up concerning... what was it? An item was about to go obsolete and someone (on the Council no less!) told a friend who then almost single-handedly caused a massive price hike on that item.

Although it's a side-topic, just because this false rumour never dies, no, Council did not know about it. It was a third-party group that EME was working with to prepare info for that patch. The fact that EME was working with a third-party group to share this kind of inside economic info that wasn't even discussed with Council was another facet of the issue. But as a result of the whole situation, both this third-party group and council were placed under NDA to be more safe in the future.
    edited April 11
    Remember that debacle with the Arsenal update and how the market blew up concerning... what was it? An item was about to go obsolete and someone (on the Council no less!) told a friend who then almost single-handedly caused a massive price hike on that item.

Although it's a side-topic, just because this false rumour never dies, no, Council did not know about it. It was a third-party group that EME was working with to prepare info for that patch. The fact that EME was working with a third-party group to share this kind of inside economic info that wasn't even discussed with Council was another facet of the issue. But as a result of the whole situation, both this third-party group and council were placed under NDA to be more safe in the future.

Right, now I remember: someone from Essential Mana told the friend who then went and so on and so on. I also recall the whole NDA thing, leading to the Council not being to do what they were created to do. :confused:

Memory took a crap. I'll edit.
    edited April 11

Oh yes, I remember that cancer and people being confused about what was even going on. *Sigh* I don't really understand this need for greed, yes having gold is nice but I think players forgot it's going to take around 2 million gold for level 65-70 because of the skills etc. instead of acting stupid with the gold people got with scrolls they should have banked it for when they hit 70. Now, people who have a hard time farming gold due to time etc will be screwed over when it comes to hitting 70.

This was probably the initial intent. It just so happened that - just like with the Arsenal update - the wrong person got the wrong idea at the wrong time and s**t hit the fan.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 12
    sanj66 wrote: »
    Just make the scrolls 10-20 gold each , just like every unusable item. That way people won't get 26 million gold and it won't scare away new and returning players.

And once again EMe would be the giant joke of all the tera communities. Every version of the game got some serious gold from their scrolls and the economy didn't shut down on any of them. ONLY on NA where people are stupid as hell and greedy as hell.

how are the players stupid? they are not the ones who implemented the prices or resell rates, that was eme, it was also eme staff that told players there is going to be no roll back last night and basically set players up to waste their time and have to regrind with this pathetic form of compensation via 20% bonus exp lol, for losing an entire day's progress you get 20% bonus exp for 24 hours and you cant even decide when you can use it, cuz people could have grinded yesterday and not be on today and have their progress reverted and not be able to part take of the ridiculous 20% event. but hey you or me not having as much gold as other people is more important because people put their wants before their needs or dont understand the difference in both.

Do you really want me to explain all the ways NA player's are absolute morons, because you can't figure it out on your own? 1. Oh let's exploit this and then tell everyone about this exploit and then profit off of this exploit. 2. Oh I have great Idea, let's show how greedy NA is by upping the price of everything and scaring every new player out of the game.
    [...]
    NA- Where people act like idiots and get's everyone else punished.

Eu- Where people made decent gold from their scrolls and still didn't turn into greed monsters ( Don't even get me started on the amount of gold RU made from their scrolls because it was a lot.)

The problem with NA is simply Greed rules 90% of the player base,

The reason our prices skyrocketed wasn't because north american players are necessarily greedier than everyone else. It was because we had waaaaaaaaaaaaay more reset scrolls in circulation than any other version of the game. People would get, what, four every day here just for being elite? EU's elite box didn't hand out reset scrolls like ours does, so EU didn't have hundreds of people waking up and becoming multi-millionaires. Therefore, EU didn't have to deal with hyperinflation. What you saw on the market was a natural consequence of too much money being poured into the economy at once, because when people have ridiculous amounts of money, they're always more willing to spend more on competitive goods since they have the extra money to spend. This is entry level economic theory that occurs everywhere; it isn't unique to NA Tera. Under similar conditions, it would have happened in EU as well. Heck, even EME admits that the values were too large and that is what adversely affected the economy; it's why they rolled things back in the first place.

The semis on the other hand, I've truly no idea. We get identical builds so I'd have to assume EU had something similar, but the EU and NA teams are also wildly different. NA's seems like a skeleton crew with barely a dev team to speak of, while EU seems to have a functioning staff capable of implementing unique content and listening to player feedback. So who knows. Maybe they caught it and patched it before it even went live.
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    voidy wrote: »
    Just make the scrolls 10-20 gold each , just like every unusable item. That way people won't get 26 million gold and it won't scare away new and returning players.

And once again EMe would be the giant joke of all the tera communities. Every version of the game got some serious gold from their scrolls and the economy didn't shut down on any of them. ONLY on NA where people are stupid as hell and greedy as hell.

how are the players stupid? they are not the ones who implemented the prices or resell rates, that was eme, it was also eme staff that told players there is going to be no roll back last night and basically set players up to waste their time and have to regrind with this pathetic form of compensation via 20% bonus exp lol, for losing an entire day's progress you get 20% bonus exp for 24 hours and you cant even decide when you can use it, cuz people could have grinded yesterday and not be on today and have their progress reverted and not be able to part take of the ridiculous 20% event. but hey you or me not having as much gold as other people is more important because people put their wants before their needs or dont understand the difference in both.

Do you really want me to explain all the ways NA player's are absolute morons, because you can't figure it out on your own? 1. Oh let's exploit this and then tell everyone about this exploit and then profit off of this exploit. 2. Oh I have great Idea, let's show how greedy NA is by upping the price of everything and scaring every new player out of the game.
    [...]

Eu- Where people made decent gold from their scrolls and still didn't turn into greed monsters ( Don't even get me started on the amount of gold RU made from their scrolls because it was a lot.)

The semis on the other hand, I've truly no idea. We get identical builds so I'd have to assume EU had something similar, but the EU and NA teams are also wildly different. NA's seems like a skeleton crew with barely a dev team to speak of, while EU seems to have a functioning staff capable of implementing unique content and listening to player feedback. So who knows. Maybe they caught it and patched it before it even went live.

On EU, the majority of the semis you'd get were non-tradeable and thus valued less than the tradeable ones. Also, the model for getting semis included being able to buy them whenever you want from Elleon's Tokens (which can also be used on other materials such as Gold Talents), so I think that most players as a result wouldn't have thousands of semis stocked up in the same way as NA players would.

Also, the wild cost of Entropics shows that patches have to be applied after shipping the International build and somehow the one's for semis borked. As a result, NA players now have KTERA rates for semis (enabling players to make millions, even after the rollback), something that was deliberately changed when the gear revamp happened to prevent players from making millions.
  • LostlislandLostlisland ✭✭
    edited April 12
    clfarron4 wrote: »
    voidy wrote: »

[...]

On EU, the majority of the semis you'd get were non-tradeable and thus valued less than the tradeable ones. Also, the model for getting semis included being able to buy them whenever you want from Elleon's Tokens (which can also be used on other materials such as Gold Talents), so I think that most players as a result wouldn't have thousands of semis stocked up in the same way as NA players would.

Also, the wild cost of Entropics shows that patches have to be applied after shipping the International build and somehow the one's for semis borked. As a result, NA players now have KTERA rates for semis (enabling players to make millions, even after the rollback), something that was deliberately changed when the gear revamp happened to prevent players from making millions.

Man you're just rambling nonsense. Do you even know when the Entropic patch was released ?... it was 2 years ago... whatever semis that was heavily injected in the market back then as the result of jackpots and what not would have diminished by now because how the game forced players to consume whatever they had to aid their enchantment. The only way you would have "millions" is if you went into hiatus and just woke up from a long coma.

Also, I wouldn't be foolish to waste my semis in any form seeing the source of obtaining them was cut off.
  • Also, I wouldn't be foolish to waste my semis in any form seeing the source of obtaining them was cut off.

Well, a lot of people did just take the opportunity to "cash out", but you're right: it's basically a gamble. Now that the primary supply was cut-off, they'll become more rare. What ways will be introduced to acquire them going forward? Unclear. As was said, our region was always unique in the way they were more-available, so it does seem like this change is part of the continued path to bring the regions more into alignment with each other.