[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Rollback Discussion

Comments

• YWLD3DX3WH wrote: »
    How hard is it to just remove the duped stuff as that is the only true issue.

FWIW, it would have been completely impossible. The impact of the exploits was so complete and excessive that it already completely altered the entire economy. The entire broker was bought out and everything relisted at multiple times the price. Gold has shifted all over the game. Basically, it was a cataclysmic event.

It absolutely totally sucks for people who didn't abuse any exploits and were playing the game fairly in the last day, and there's no way around that. But yeah... there would have been no other viable way to clean up this mess.
  • XenoverseXenoverse ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    AngelLiera wrote: »
    T Get a test server , make sure [filtered] is solid before you inn act such a huge patch and a rollback would never need to occur.

THIS is the TEST SERVER :Xd

ps.:
    I bet they'll mess something else up this time too. Like the pre-patch stuffs and golds. Probably disappear(high chance for that)
  • Xenomaren wrote: »
    rolling back 16 hours of [filtered] RNG, I crit diamonds in that time, I upgraded weapons and got to lv66, rare [filtered] dropped; and I'm going to lose all that cause some fuckheads decided to dupe items. This [filtered] "compensation" isn't going to re-upgrade my weapon. [filtered] this game

The item dupe isnt even that game changing, its the people complaining about not getting on the bandwagon
  • What about EMP items purchased during yesterday?
  • HitAhARD16 wrote: »
    So exactly why are we rolling back oh thats right for the peeps that didn't have scrolls to sell and made gold off of them. This happened in EU guys they didn't nerf the price of scrolls there the didn't R O L L B A C K

FWIW, it's totally different there because they don't have Elite Consumable Boxes. That's the source of the problem here.
  • The economy would have self-stabilized eventually.

• Sirenglide wrote: »
    I spent a bunch of time grinding mobs to 66 and basically lost all the progress. And no, the [filtered] xp event doesn't do [filtered] for me cause i'm busy today.

That's why I asked about scrolls... at least then people can take advantage of increased xp on their own time.
  • MophoMopho ✭✭✭
    [filtered] this rollback, EME's too lazy to punish the abusers and instead punishing us all with this [filtered].

y9R6SmT.jpg
  • Screw the gold, screw the semis. What pisses me off the most is the hours I've put in last night to playing the game, rushing to 66. Luckily I gave up early and didnt stay up all night playing. I feel bad for the players who have taken work off, played for hours to rush to 66-67. If I alone felt like uninstalling the game the moment I heard about this, I can only imagine how some others feel about it.
  • YWLD3DX3WH wrote: »

FWIW, it would have been completely impossible. The impact of the exploits was so complete and excessive that it already completely altered the entire economy. The entire broker was bought out and everything relisted at multiple times the price. Gold has shifted all over the game. Basically, it was a cataclysmic event.

It absolutely totally sucks for people who didn't abuse any exploits and were playing the game fairly in the last day, and there's no way around that. But yeah... there would have been no other viable way to clean up this mess.

The broker being bought out and the slight economy shift (which would have self corrected) had nothing to do with the dupe exploit.It shouldn't be hard to check logs, find dupers, check the tables for the player who duped, reset their bank/inventory, undo trades.
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    Well, now delay pacht to april 18 dont sounds stupidi now rite ?

I'm positive we'd have all the same issues.

im sure this will be happend, but at least they notice , and maybe delay until they get better solutions , dont get people more rage, cuz they cant wait a sooon (tm)
  • After this, Elite will be useless anyway. So get your empty headed employees to work ,or recruit new ones. This [filtered] can't go on. We've got forum managers, but they don't care, We've got CM managers, but hey don't care
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    CornishRex wrote: »
    A roll back is good, and for the people complaining they lost ~16 hours of playing, that's just it, 16 hours of playing. As opposed to losing a whole economy and messing up every new person that decides to play this game or anyone that didn't have elite. Get a grip guys.

Are you 0iq? New Players aren't the one's syncing thousands of dollars into this company to keep them afloat. I would rather a big F**k you to those "new" players than to ostracize those who actively keep up and support the game. The economy would have self-stabilized eventually. They've screwed everyone over two-fold for absolutely no other reason than their own incompetence.

Are you that upset over losing a few hours of grind as opposed to losing a ton of players (including veterans!) because of these item dupes and reset scroll messups? Half a day of grind is a tiny amount of grind you'll have to do to reach lvl 70 on one character, let alone multiple. Seriously, chill the heck out. Most people here seem to be rabid, sounds scary lmao

Losing one day is somehow worse than losing months of gold grind and lost value in emp purchases which breeds discontent and makes people leave. You people.
  • Can we have some bonus exp for below level 65 also? I know leveling is already fast, but I just spent a few hours leveling with no idea that the rollback was going to happen. I actually think I made the character after maintenance so he'll probably be gone and have to re-level.
  • edited April 2019
    YWLD3DX3WH wrote: »
    YWLD3DX3WH wrote: »

The broker being bought out and the slight economy shift (which would have self corrected) had nothing to do with the dupe exploit.It shouldn't be hard to check logs, find dupers, check the tables for the player who duped, reset their bank/inventory, undo trades.

It's not just the dupe exploit alone that's the problem. The Elite Reset Scrolls were completely imbalanced, but that was not an "exploit" so there's no way to isolate it. Besides, even the people who did the dupe, the impact had ripple effects on the entire economy by that point -- spread to alt accounts, via trade to other players, gold exchanging hands all over the place. It's impossible to clean up the mess. If you participated in the trade economy in any way in the last ~16 hours, you were impacted, and that's a lot of people.