Just saw elitism in GLSNM, smh PVErs gotta stop being so picky

Comments

• VulcarionVulcarion ✭✭✭
    EJECWCWG55 wrote: »
    Love how some people here thinks they can burn one boss in that dungeon in 2 minutes with barely the item level requirement. That's why hardcores are never a good source of what is happening in the game.

Even then, 4-6 minutes is a pretty reasonable expectation (based on my experience on frost alts) depending on party survivability. I just don't understand how a near 10 minute run of 1st boss GLSNM can be translated into this grandiose spectacle of elitism when party members involved reject continuing the run.

That's not to say that elitism isn't a problem in this game. I wish people were less elitist in general, but at the same time I think it's important to recognize that some sort of bar needs to be set, especially for people who have very limited time to play. Where that bar is set will be different for everyone, and people should respect that, within reason. It's a very grey, murky sort of concept, that some people do take to extremes on both ends, forgoing respect for other people's individual skill levels, gear, amount of time, etc.

I'm not really sure how to help that situation, but events that encourage "skilled" players helping "novices" in IMS have been nice to at least get some more experienced players in the IMS queue (that had it's own issues, like kicking the weakest "skilled" player and requeueing until a novice was found, or just continual disbanding, etc.), even if it didn't really make an impact regarding the issue of elitism.
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    Because of dps meters ranking and try hards the bar became very high. If your dps is average but not high people can see on moongourd.. people don't want to take you for runs because it takes too long to clear for their standards.
  • kerberospandekerberospande ✭✭
    edited April 30
    10 min 1 boss
    10 min 2 boss
    10 min 3 boss

reward of 30 min 1 emerald

no thanks I prefer to do legion 30 min full 40 boxes

Then they cry saying how I make fast gold, I upload item xp gear, etc.

It costs a lot of blablabla

• Thing is, people are impatient, they don't care about learning the mechanics and enjoying the game, they just want their numbers to rise. Ultimately the endeavor is fruitless and they themselves know that, but they are too preoccupied with numbers to care. I love playing when everyone is enjoying the atmosphere and chatting and goofing off, even a wipe or two is acceptable like that.
  • The people were most likely script users....
  • EJECWCWG55 wrote: »
    Love how some people here thinks they can burn one boss in that dungeon in 2 minutes with barely the item level requirement. That's why hardcores are never a good source of what is happening in the game.

If what this guy says is true about being in HO you'd be able to fast burn it with no issue *Shrugs*
  • NerdFuryNerdFury ✭✭
    EJECWCWG55 wrote: »

If what this guy says is true about being in HO you'd be able to fast burn it with no issue *Shrugs*

You don't even know if he is a Dps, Tank or Healer.
  • LilienetteLilienette ✭✭
    healers can actually do some damage now, especially mystics xD
  • gheneaghenea ✭✭
    idk, maybe you can be there 6+ hours or are already geared/leveled through pvp and now just wasting time around, that is why you can afford talking like that, others tho have 2-3hrs per day max and spending 1/3 of their time in a run with a bunch of ppl that want to "take it easy" or chill after a sh match like you, maybe, is not the best - trust me.
    it is true that you join ims expecting nothing, that means you dont go there expecting people to deal 8m/s or parse runs, but if you get a bunch of people dealing under 400k/s then you are just wasting your time: it is not WoW, 1hr dungeon run is nowhere near worth loot-wise unless it is bahaar and even then...

so yeah i totally understand those 2 leaving (unless they were 2 dps, in that case i wonder why they didnt just carry the 3rd), what i dont get is your fake "easy going" attitude and other people justifying them and talking about "enjoying the game" (yeah dude, i totally enjoy 10mins on a braindead boss without mechanics), but that must be common to pvp players occasionally doing pve/casuals spamming lk all day to enchant their twistshard and not knowing what matters the most is the speed, cause over 15-20 mins *total* time you rather just be doing guardians or killing bams.

i mean, i am not a pro myself and my dps is not the top of the class chart, i had 10min bosses as well in learning runs (never the first 2 anyway lol and not in dungeons like glsn...) but cmon, 10mins on a boss without relevant mechs is just too much lol
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lilienette wrote: »
    Thing is, people are impatient, they don't care about learning the mechanics and enjoying the game, they just want their numbers to rise. Ultimately the endeavor is fruitless and they themselves know that, but they are too preoccupied with numbers to care. I love playing when everyone is enjoying the atmosphere and chatting and goofing off, even a wipe or two is acceptable like that.

I blame the game more for that. Enemies are so imbalanced regarding defenses that you either need to break a specific gear threshold or use a specific set of classes if you don't want a dungeon - that's not a raid, mind - to last upwards of 30 minutes.

Anyone else remember Day1 RG, KD, or SCE? Yeah.
  • Aluh you and the rest of the elitism people in this game is the sole reason why tera can’t and will not grow.. you care to much about yourself.. I played this game since the close beta days and not once throughout the whole time playing before the f2p switch did i ever sent anyone a run.. bc they didn’t know mechanics or they were under geared..

I want to come back to tera i do. Tera is my first love in a sense of mmorpgs but after reading the replies to this post makes me question it bc i would sit there and not be able to do dungeons or just keep getting kicked bc of your type..

i 100% agree with op NM of any dungeon is cool take people along and show them the ropes and this tends to them having fun eh? than they have friends that they will suggest to the game and rinse and repeat. Tera is dying bc of the [filtered] [filtered] EM has done but it’s partially player base as well bc there was and still is a lot of toxicity and elitism in this game and i have no idea why..

i get it bc winning is fun and being the best is awesome but be those things without being a [filtered] douche flute..

i remember MCHM which ideas one of the funnest dungeons to me and one of the hardest and we would at times take 2 fandoms with us just to show them what’s up.. even though we didn’t even have max gear back than...

quit being full of yourself and enjoy the game and enjoy the people in the game bc tera isn’t going to be around forever at this rate you want to be a elite or toxic and keep pushing players of the server or new one for that matter of fact and have the server feel like empty by all means keep doing what you people are doing...
  • Djevik wrote: »
    Aluh you and the rest of the elitism people in this game is the sole reason why tera can’t and will not grow.. you care to much about yourself.. I played this game since the close beta days and not once throughout the whole time playing before the f2p switch did i ever sent anyone a run.. bc they didn’t know mechanics or they were under geared..

I want to come back to tera i do. Tera is my first love in a sense of mmorpgs but after reading the replies to this post makes me question it bc i would sit there and not be able to do dungeons or just keep getting kicked bc of your type..

i 100% agree with op NM of any dungeon is cool take people along and show them the ropes and this tends to them having fun eh? than they have friends that they will suggest to the game and rinse and repeat. Tera is dying bc of the [filtered] [filtered] EM has done but it’s partially player base as well bc there was and still is a lot of toxicity and elitism in this game and i have no idea why..

i get it bc winning is fun and being the best is awesome but be those things without being a [filtered] douche flute..

i remember MCHM which ideas one of the funnest dungeons to me and one of the hardest and we would at times take 2 fandoms with us just to show them what’s up.. even though we didn’t even have max gear back than...

quit being full of yourself and enjoy the game and enjoy the people in the game bc tera isn’t going to be around forever at this rate you want to be a elite or toxic and keep pushing players of the server or new one for that matter of fact and have the server feel like empty by all means keep doing what you people are doing...

But...Aluh wasn't even acting Elitist they were simply telling people how it is. IF you are that sensitive then yeah Tera is not the place for you.
  • LilienetteLilienette ✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »
    Thing is, people are impatient, they don't care about learning the mechanics and enjoying the game, they just want their numbers to rise. Ultimately the endeavor is fruitless and they themselves know that, but they are too preoccupied with numbers to care. I love playing when everyone is enjoying the atmosphere and chatting and goofing off, even a wipe or two is acceptable like that.

I blame the game more for that. Enemies are so imbalanced regarding defenses that you either need to break a specific gear threshold or use a specific set of classes if you don't want a dungeon - that's not a raid, mind - to last upwards of 30 minutes.

Uhm.... the threshold is severely low to break. The upper dungeons that require upper gear, sure those need that gear, but glsnm and lower do not. People who expect to finish a dungeon in 5 minutes are crazy, or have a good group to worth with already, so they shouldn't be part of this problem. The game isn't supposed to be kill everything 6m->do it again->again->repeat cycle, it's supposed to be "have a bit of challenge", "coordinate with your party even if people aren't your skill level", but most importantly, "have fun". The game isn't fun when people are elitist because they turn everything into a chore. That might work for them and their cohorts, but ultimately that's not how games should be played.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »

Uhm.... the threshold is severely low to break. The upper dungeons that require upper gear, sure those need that gear, but glsnm and lower do not. People who expect to finish a dungeon in 5 minutes are crazy, or have a good group to worth with already, so they shouldn't be part of this problem. The game isn't supposed to be kill everything 6m->do it again->again->repeat cycle, it's supposed to be "have a bit of challenge", "coordinate with your party even if people aren't your skill level", but most importantly, "have fun". The game isn't fun when people are elitist because they turn everything into a chore. That might work for them and their cohorts, but ultimately that's not how games should be played.

Okay, I misread something - that's on me. For some reason I was thinking about something more like RK9 and so on.

Also, yeah, it's supposed be a game where you get items, kill stuff, make friends, have fun. Once upon a time, the game was like that; that hasn't been the case with this game for at least a year and a half.
  • AluhAluh ✭✭
    Djevik wrote: »
    Aluh you and the rest of the elitism people in this game is the sole reason why tera can’t and will not grow.. you care to much about yourself.. I played this game since the close beta days and not once throughout the whole time playing before the f2p switch did i ever sent anyone a run.. bc they didn’t know mechanics or they were under geared..

But...Aluh wasn't even acting Elitist they were simply telling people how it is. IF you are that sensitive then yeah Tera is not the place for you.

Dont even bother. No point in arguing with someone that doesnt play the game.
This discussion has been closed.