Costumes that Currently Cannot Be Dismantled

In the same vein as this thread on the EU forums, there are a ton of costumes that cannot be dismantled in NA. I was hoping that we can compile a list of the ones that can't be dismantled in NA so that we can petition for Krafton to add them:

• 2012 Swimsuits purchased back when TERA was P2P, but only if they are taken out of item claim after 2014.
    I bought the 2012 swimsuit pack back during the P2P era of TERA, which contained 3 swimsuits for every race + the original maillot for Elins. I've noticed that the items that I claimed and bound to my characters back in 2012 can be dismantled, while the ones that I kept in my item claim until 2016 (before they expired) cannot:
    NXVAMJx.png
  • Pixie Princess and Dyeable Pixie Costumes
    TWZRkII.png
  • Series 3 Maid Uniforms
    54qCGlS.png
  • Dolme and Stelfana Glasses and Heart Shades
    PJqelDh.pngIrxQ3A2.png
  • Many Back Items (Wings, Scuba Tanks, Stoles/Scarves, etc.)
  • Captain Redbeard's Hat and CAptain Blackbeard's Hat
  • Diving Helmet and Golden Diving Helmet
  • Sundowner Beach Hat[
  • Maid's White Bonnet
  • Emerald / Ruby Rims
  • Spun Sugar Wings

I've excluded anniversairy items and items from the coupon shop, since those seem intentionally not dismantlable. However, many past event items can be dismantled, so I've included 2013/2014 event items in this list as well.

I'm hoping that others can add to this list as well.

Comments

• At the very least, the 2012 swimsuits were originally made available in-game via an event (long before they were added to the cash shop), so I am guessing that is why BHS didn't make them dismantleable. The system doesn't make a distinction between the old event item and the later cash shop-purchased version.

I assume many of the others have similar reasons, but it could be based on how they were sold/made available in other regions rather than our own. I'm not sure if this is something publishers would want to change on a region-by-region basis (at the risk of introducing region-specific discrepancies).
  • > @counterpoint said:
    > At the very least, the 2012 swimsuits were originally made available in-game via an event (long before they were added to the cash shop), so I am guessing that is why BHS didn't make them dismantleable. The system doesn't make a distinction between the old event item and the later cash shop-purchased version.
    >
    > I assume many of the others have similar reasons, but it could be based on how they were sold/made available in other regions rather than our own. I'm not sure if this is something publishers would want to change on a region-by-region basis (at the risk of introducing region-specific discrepancies).

I can say for a fact that the swimsuits made available in previous summer events in ridiculous quantities can all be dismantled (including the 2012 ones). The same goes for ramen hats and nightfall ninjagi and dyeable rida/arin (BAM event 2015), pora elinu school uniforms (twitch codes), animal costumes (give out for free on new years), and many others. So the very same mass-spamed events in NA were clearly not taken into consideration here.

The other thing that makes no sense is that the costumes claimed in 2012 can be dismantled while the ones claimed in 2016 cannot - despite literally being from the same sales package (and no, the 2012 swimsuits were available on sale at the same time as the waterlogged crates, and those gave very poor rates for permanent costumes).

So, I highly doubt it's events.

The only reason I can think of why the prior sale 2012 had this exception is because, for some reason, the human male one (and only the human male one) is in the fashion coupon shop by apparant mistake, so BHS might have thought that all of them were coupon items and removed them from the dismantle table.
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    Slick Shades are a FC shop item too so you can cross that one off your list.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this hasn't been brought up yet, so here's a heads up to anyone who doesn't already know.

There's a very bizarre speed bump included with dismantling, that being that an item bound to a character can only be dismantled by that character.

There's an additional caveat to that: I have items in the bank that once belonged to a gunner I once had. That character has since been remade into an archer. Furthermore, the name was changed at some point - not of my doing, I should add - to something I've never heard of (one of those placeholder names with the numbers), exacerbating the issue.

So I have about 5 items I can't break down because the character that needs to break them down doesn't exist.

Whoever thought of this needs to have a long sit in the corner to think about what they've done.
    Oh, the Dragon armors (Obsidian, Glacial, etc.) and the corresponding weapons also can't be dismantled.
  • Celestial costume + weapon skin can't be dismantled, either.
  • SageWindu wrote: »
    There's an additional caveat to that: I have items in the bank that once belonged to a gunner I once had. That character has since been remade into an archer. Furthermore, the name was changed at some point - not of my doing, I should add - to something I've never heard of (one of those placeholder names with the numbers), exacerbating the issue.

FWIW, the actual name should not matter, as these sorts of checks are based on the internal ID of the character. The class of the character should also probably not matter, since again the ID should be the same. If that's not the case and it doesn't work on the character, then maybe I guess having support rebind it might be the way, but I'd be curious to know exactly which criteria it's judging by if it were not the internal character ID.
  • DelusoDeluso ✭✭✭✭
    On side note (but related): I hope we could see total amount of Terachic Boutique Coin before dismantle any costume. This will allow us to determined which costume is worth to be dismantled or not.
    Deluso wrote: »
    On side note (but related): I hope we could see total amount of Terachic Boutique Coin before dismantle any costume. This will allow us to determined which costume is worth to be dismantled or not.

You can't, at least not at time of this post. The only way to check that I can think of would be to break it down and then cross-reference with other players who've done the same.
  • DelusoDeluso ✭✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »
    You can't, at least not at time of this post. The only way to check that I can think of would be to break it down and then cross-reference with other players who've done the same.

Yes. That's why I hope they put a little number in item description. Sure we can cross-references with other players but who's gonna dismantle high priced costume just to look at how many coin it give?

Back on costume topic:
    I want to suggest that all non-tradeable event drop costume also get its own Coin system just like Terachic Boutique Coin. The coin itself is separated from original Terachic Boutique Coin, only contain non-tradeable event costume. The purpose is simple, dismantle unused/ugly event costume and get a good looking one. Since it's non-tradeable in the first place, I don't think it will hurt the economy that much.

Otherwise, them ugly costume (in my opinion) that I get from mongos drop can rot in my bank I guess.