[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

Exposing the rampant kicking system of battlegrounds in the PvP community

DISCLAIMER: I understand the rules of the forum on using direct names of others. What I show you today is a 1 month investigation I took on a not so private community of most players that regularly make up the numbers in ShoreHold. The group in question is part of a more executive sub community in one of the major PvP discords on the North American server.

As many of you may have been on the forums, and like me, have seen many normal people getting kicked from bgs just because of the elitist system in place that is being being frequently abused going unpunished. Most of us has caught on that if you are not friends with the groups that do SH, you can easily be replaced despite having good gear(the reason you are told if you were kicked) because the people with numbers want their friend to take your spot. Some of us stopped playing and just didn't want to deal with it. Some of us decided that it is what it is and didn't mind being harassed if they can eventually get a few games. Well it is much more than that.

Here is the bold incriminating part of this post. tl;dr The discord in question has a point system rewarding the individuals who have kicked the most at the end of each period as part of establishing a hierarchy within their society. The number of people partaking in this club is STAGGERING.

What does this mean? For starters I infiltrated this group by approaching specific players establishing good relationships with them. The said problem in question isn't unknown, but it still took several weeks until I was given permission to participate. From what I understand, the origin of the numbers who made up this discord was from major guild leaders of the top PvP and CU guilds. From there on, they wanted to make the most out of the rewards when Fraywind Canyon was still in place, reaping the rewards of getting golden and silver talents and then distributing the accumulated wealth among the members and leaders of this group.How this is done is quite on paper. They use third party programs to manipulate the queues and somehow group all the veterans with each other and the result is that they will often face inexperienced individuals to easily dominate the game. As I have seen during my acceptance into the PvP discord, they have a point system rewarding the first person who initiate and get anyone kicked, with the actual completion of this sickening competition itself being whenever someone else from their side takes the now vacant spot.

From the tally system they have hanging in this 300 member strong group, I can tell that some points can be as high as 180 points for each week. That means some players have KICKED MORE THAN 180 PEOPLE for this server. This clearly means that undergeared, PvE people aren't the only ones being kicked randomly, but anyone who isn't with most of the people who make up the currently ShoreHold will likely be abused by their system. The rewards for the top "scores" written by their guidelines receive a higher ranking in the sub server(there are 5 roles in hierarchy), costume skins and mount prices, and finally a very feasible amount of gold, topping 800k this month so far.

Result: I do not think EME would accept such a system in place by specific people in Tera. This is clearly a manipulative, abusive, private 3rd party system in place and they are reaping rewards from your normal player. I would like this post to fully inform my brothers who have complained about this going on multiple times but have been ignored. I have seen many people stating that PvP as soon as the event ends, as kicking is just too big of a problem. I hope you read this and understand what is going on. I want your voice to be heard. I tried to follow guidelines with the forum rules by not listing any guild or specific names, and keeping a lot of it vague.

I have documented many incriminating evidence and sent them to EME through ticket. However I want to also inform us, the players, of what is going on. The sad reality is that everyone want to PvP for fun, but something is not right.

Comments

• ic3dt3aic3dt3a ✭✭
    nice conspiracy, alex jones
  • NeatozNeatoz ✭✭
    This dude must be smoking mids, dont want to be kick get a minimum of +4 preferably +6 for shorehold. People dont get kicked in cs or grid and those are the bgs you need to gear before even heading into shore. No one wants undergeared people who have no clue what they are doing on their team. Same logic apply to pve do you want some in frostmetal +6 or full ho, its not fun sitting in a dng with undergeared people who are just slamming their head into the keyboard. Just like in bgs no one wants people who cant even play their class and who are heavily undeargeared. There is no 3rd party sync module you ape wanna know how all the "top pvp guilds" get on the same team, go to north dock and insta q after you get out a bg
  • If this is true, they formed a street gang to exploit PvP rewards. That's... kind of amazing, in a frightening way.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neatoz wrote: »
    People dont get kicked in cs or grid [snip] its not fun sitting in a dng with undergeared people who are just slamming their head into the keyboard. Just like in bgs no one wants people who cant even play their class and who are heavily undeargeared.

Actually, you DO get kicked in CS, me and some of my guildmates who run CS, are being targeted by a lot of random ppl trying to kick us all the time when they see us in CS. Is not just ShoreHold, it happens in all of the BGs.

True, it isnt fun to sit on a dungeon with undergeared people to drag us down.
    That is why we were born with a mouth and the ability to speak (or type in this case) Always be polite, ask first if the undergeared know what they are doing, if they know the mechs or just started learning, or just need more practice. The same goes for those undergeared people. If you know your gear will be a liability in the dungeon, warn your party first. If you know you arent very good at the dungeon yet, and need practice, tell your party.
    Words go a long way, and often end up better than just initiating a kick out of the blue. We veterans should be the ones doing the talk and all, stablishing a good mentor - apprentice relationship with the newer players, sadly, we hardly do that and often just want quick "Flawless" runs.

That being said, if the undergeared person is just, not doing its part, and refuse to speak, then a kick is justified.

As for OP, where the hell you get that from? I mean, yeah, i knew of geared ppl kicking anyone who isnt +6 and above in shorehold, but the evidence you said you already gave to EME, sounds very fishy to me, care to elaborate? With no concrete evidence, no one will believe you in this forums.
  • no one wants people in pve gear or low pvp gear who dont know pvp in their sh games
    no one wants people in frost who dont know what a burn is in their 4 star dungeons

if you are getting kicked you are at fault, instead of potentially holding the team back play the content you are supposed to play first, gear up in grid and cs before u go to 'endgame pvp'
  • EJECWCWG55EJECWCWG55 ✭✭✭
    edited May 20
    no one wants people in pve gear or low pvp gear who dont know pvp in their sh games
    no one wants people in frost who dont know what a burn is in their 4 star dungeons

if you are getting kicked you are at fault, instead of potentially holding the team back play the content you are supposed to play first, gear up in grid and cs before u go to 'endgame pvp'

They are kicking people from "enemy guilds" not because they are bad or have bad gear, they are actually abusing the kicking system. Not like you are implying. And you cant get +9 from CS alone.

I will be overjoyed looking at how many threads you people will make crying because SH is dead, I remember you that almost all this year your PvPers end game players have been crying every day on forums about that.
  • EJECWCWG55EJECWCWG55 ✭✭✭
    edited May 20
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    Neatoz wrote: »
    People dont get kicked in cs or grid [snip] its not fun sitting in a dng with undergeared people who are just slamming their head into the keyboard. Just like in bgs no one wants people who cant even play their class and who are heavily undeargeared.

As for OP, where the hell you get that from? I mean, yeah, i knew of geared ppl kicking anyone who isnt +6 and above in shorehold, but the evidence you said you already gave to EME, sounds very fishy to me, care to elaborate? With no concrete evidence, no one will believe you in this forums.

EME and Moderators will delete the evidence from abuse of the system, cheats or exploits, if we share it on forums and it may get us banned.

I have had post being deleted/edited because of that. And those were not even call outs.
  • ErazusErazus ✭✭
    What the ... I have been PvPing since forever, I know all the people that are on all the PvP leaderboards, basically anything about Tera PvP because it is so small. I have never heard, ever, of a discord (or third-party like you said) that has 300 PEOPLE PARTICIPATING in it. That is like the entirety of the current playerbase playing PvP times 2!
  • Big props to this man and his underground work.

I always knew there was something up, but for players to resort to an organized system of griefing just for a video game is beyond pathetic.

I'll stay in my realm of fishing :)
  • Emeris6Emeris6 ✭✭
    edited May 21
    People only kick others who, if we're being realistic, contribute nothing to the team. I have 1 shot heroic people with my unsheath on slayer with absolute base pvp gear, and the disparity between base pvp gear and +9 pvp gear is just as much if not worse.

They should honestly either nerf the gear difference to make it more fair, or simply block people who don't have +6 from entering like they do with ilvl's for dungeons.

Edit: As a disclaimer I don't play shorehold because it really is a toxic place to be
  • XandervbXandervb ✭✭✭
    The most shocking part of this post is that Tera NA still has at least 300 active PvPers. Man, that's crazy.
  • EJECWCWG55 wrote: »

They are kicking people from "enemy guilds" not because they are bad or have bad gear, they are actually abusing the kicking system.

you act like they know any of the fod they are kicking on a personal level, they are desperate enough to have someone they don't like on their team if it means winning. if they know the person then they are probably not a bad player vs the fod they'd get if they kick.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    If said info the OP has is true, then we have ourselves a giant case of griefing and elitism going on in the PvP aspect of the game
    And here i thought PvP in TERA couldnt get more elitist than this.
  • fod beliving fod, name a more iconic duo
This discussion has been closed.