[PC] We will be entering into maintenance on 9/17 at 6am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 5 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Bg ques

2»

Comments

• Due to the overwhelming majority of PVE players, the above mentioned would have issues. I propose the following as well:
    1. Return the old credit award system we had before jackpots were removed. (5k Bellicarium and 1k Killing Spree. Double with Elite)
    2. Update the BG credits shop to provide materials to enchant PVP specific gear. Possibly include Dyad structures (smart?) as well.
    3. Add weapon skins (Mounts and costumes too? Tradable as well?) unique to the BG credit shop with Bellicarium or Killing Spree credits being the only way to obtain these.
    4. Award a chest to each member of the winning team that rewards gems. (5 rubies, 5 sapphires, 2 emeralds, or 1 diamond?)
    5. Award a cosmetic item or mount to the top 3 players of each season. This item or mount could only be obtained through topping the PVP leaderboards.

1. I think you'd need to rehaul killing spree shop first, as atm the only items you'd beable to use is the crystals, T9 mats have no designs you can buy or way of getting victory badges.
    2. gear doesn't matter maybe add a way of buying crafters cures? or Smart dyads would be great but if we don't have actual gear pve will always be more viable for grinding.
    3. Unique pvp cosmetics like the black label gear but better/nicer looking so people would actually buy it. maybe a mystery box that has a chance to offer a permanent versions like the garment bags
    4. awarding a chest that can give talents/gems would be a solid 10/10 idea.
    5. YES. those who grind pvp to get rank 1 basically get nothing. Like i showed in the screenshot before the unique potion for rank 1 in bg would be great, mount/wep skin would be great depending on que. Rewards for being rank 1-3 for the whole season like each week you get a point if in rank 1-3, cause otherwise you can ignore first 3 weeks of the season then spam it last week as it resets weekly? Maybe use the old alliance vault honorsteed? https://tera.fandom.com/wiki/Summon:_Honor_Steed or other OG mounts. Maybe have a list of 7-8 old mounts in a store and you get a token to purchase said mount.
    6. Find out when we get shorehold 7v7 is more viable to fill than 15v15, it should also only require 2 healers so the ques wouldn't be as bad.
    7. IF we do get pvp gear it needs to be changed somehow so you either can bring your own gear (the pvp gear) or you get a base set of gear given to you. otherwise people will join with HO gear and stomp.

For the first part. The issue is we as pvp players have nothing, but a system related to pve when you need less people for pve, less ques as you can just do lfg and they have their own gear we don't Not only that rerolling stormcry/ho every time you wanna pvp/pve is a pain. THe whole point of revamp was to merge pvp and pve gears but it still doesn't matter for console pvp. as we can make full ho pvp rolls BG still uses equalised gear so you can only get ingame progression via dungeons.
  • ExipheusExipheus Kazura (XB1 NA Lakan ) mod

MrNathy695 wrote: »

1. I think you'd need to rehaul killing spree shop first, as atm the only items you'd beable to use is the crystals, T9 mats have no designs you can buy or way of getting victory badges.
    2. gear doesn't matter maybe add a way of buying crafters cures? or Smart dyads would be great but if we don't have actual gear pve will always be more viable for grinding.
    3. Unique pvp cosmetics like the black label gear but better/nicer looking so people would actually buy it. maybe a mystery box that has a chance to offer a permanent versions like the garment bags
    5. YES. those who grind pvp to get rank 1 basically get nothing. Like i showed in the screenshot before the unique potion for rank 1 in bg would be great, mount/wep skin would be great depending on que. Rewards for being rank 1-3 for the whole season like each week you get a point if in rank 1-3, cause otherwise you can ignore first 3 weeks of the season then spam it last week as it resets weekly? Maybe use the old alliance vault honorsteed? https://tera.fandom.com/wiki/Summon:_Honor_Steed or other OG mounts. Maybe have a list of 7-8 old mounts in a store and you get a token to purchase said mount.
    6. Find out when we get shorehold 7v7 is more viable to fill than 15v15, it should also only require 2 healers so the ques wouldn't be as bad.
    7. IF we do get pvp gear it needs to be changed somehow so you either can bring your own gear (the pvp gear) or you get a base set of gear given to you. otherwise people will join with HO gear and stomp.

For the first part. The issue is we as pvp players have nothing, but a system related to pve when you need less people for pve, less ques as you can just do lfg and they have their own gear we don't Not only that rerolling stormcry/ho every time you wanna pvp/pve is a pain. THe whole point of revamp was to merge pvp and pve gears but it still doesn't matter for console pvp. as we can make full ho pvp rolls BG still uses equalised gear so you can only get ingame progression via dungeons.

I think I should note first, that these are all based on the assumption of us having a seperate PVP gear to obtain from PVP. If there is no PVP gear, then it just turns into which is more profitable to farm materials for PVE gear which I feel causes a lot of these reward balancing issues. Also, to my knowledge, FWC is no longer equalized.

1. Yes, the shop would need a revamp. Perhaps BC credits could be used to purchase the PVP specific cosmetics/mounts and KS credits could be used for materials to enchant the PVP gear or maybe to even buy a starting set.
    2. I suggested smart dyads because there is no other way to obtain them. Dyad structures work as well because it would PVP players a way to earn them without having to PVE and thus obtain their dyads. Crafter's cures could be an option too.
    3.Yes, something that stands out. Not a reskinned item. The garment bag could be a good idea. Realistically, may not be approved unfortunately.
    4. I'm not sure what the materials needed are to enchant PC's PVP gear, but I suggested gems as a way to make gold or a possible material to enchant PVP gear. Talents seems more PVE to me. But the gems could get PVE players to queue up as a way to make more gold, then they could farm their dungeons for their PVE materials thus helping out both sides.
    5. That sounds like a good idea. Awarding points each week to the top 3 to keep participation constant. Some cosmetics/mounts from Tera's legacy days should be doable.
    6. I could ask about Shorehold.
    7. I think on PC, that PVP gear stomps on HO in PVP. So players would need to get PVP gear or be at a disadvantage.
  • Kenpachi389Kenpachi389 ✭✭
    edited May 31
    Dont think adding an armor set at this time will bring people into BG.
    (Sure if it was a PvP game and we all pvped at rally bams or battle of velika, then people would need to grind out their PvP set)

You need to entice them with PvP exclusives costumes maybe or at least rewards equal too that of pve.
  • MrNathy695MrNathy695 ✭✭
    edited June 1
    Exipheus wrote: »
    MrNathy695 wrote: »

I think I should note first, that these are all based on the assumption of us having a seperate PVP gear to obtain from PVP. If there is no PVP gear, then it just turns into which is more profitable to farm materials for PVE gear which I feel causes a lot of these reward balancing issues. Also, to my knowledge, FWC is no longer equalized.

1. Yes, the shop would need a revamp. Perhaps BC credits could be used to purchase the PVP specific cosmetics/mounts and KS credits could be used for materials to enchant the PVP gear or maybe to even buy a starting set.
    2. I suggested smart dyads because there is no other way to obtain them. Dyad structures work as well because it would PVP players a way to earn them without having to PVE and thus obtain their dyads. Crafter's cures could be an option too.
    3.Yes, something that stands out. Not a reskinned item. The garment bag could be a good idea. Realistically, may not be approved unfortunately.
    4. I'm not sure what the materials needed are to enchant PC's PVP gear, but I suggested gems as a way to make gold or a possible material to enchant PVP gear. Talents seems more PVE to me. But the gems could get PVE players to queue up as a way to make more gold, then they could farm their dungeons for their PVE materials thus helping out both sides.
    5. That sounds like a good idea. Awarding points each week to the top 3 to keep participation constant. Some cosmetics/mounts from Tera's legacy days should be doable.
    6. I could ask about Shorehold.
    7. I think on PC, that PVP gear stomps on HO in PVP. So players would need to get PVP gear or be at a disadvantage.

1. The shop needs a whole rehaul tbh the prices are to expensive vs the progression from pve which is why it's unbalanced for pvp. 100% needs something worth the "grind" of pvp, In pc tera I loved how black label curiass was and exclusive to pvp. KS credits are a hard one to decide, as you'd either need "pvp" gear (the new stuff with shorehold)
    2. SMart dyads are good yes but if you only offer one thing that you don't really need (i had loads from the old event) but it's a great idea to help get those perfect rolls I think you still need to offer items pve players need to entice them, not to be a "you have to grind this" but "hey this can help you speed up a bit" but not enough to outweigh a dungeon completely.
    3. 100% agree, it needs to be something unique that you want to grind not have to
    4. Idk whats needed for new bg gear but what better way to upgrade it than needing materials from an exclusive BG shop, talents/plates/darics need to stay pve but at the same time if we're doing bring your own gear pvp players need a way to beable to plus their stuff without needing to spam pve.
    5. Bringing back OG mounts/weapon skins/cosmetics would entice the "collectors" to dip their hands into pvp to try to get a mount they use to love for me Rank 1 deserves a unique like honorsteed or the other alliance mounts. but 100% needs to be done on a point system to know who is actually rank 1 not "lol i sniped rank 1 at last min" As well as make it competitive.
    6. please do
    7. PVP gear should stomp HO in pvp it's designed 100% to be pvp focused where as HO is "generic gear"

I Talked with a friend for a bit maybe a win related/jackpot that gives you a box like the old skyring box, can give you 1-3 materials of ANY material from frostmetal - heroic oath, ofc the chance for say HO items is low but not impossible? instead of hp potions/rejuv potions/old materials maybe 1-3 mats, superior nocteniums, rare nocteniums, 1-2k metamorphics?

Also with 5v5 being introduced losing team doesnt gain BG credits and only a skyring receipt.
    But thank you for getting 5v5 premade to be open and with bring your own gear. As much as I hate it to say it now having to change my words, it seems many of the people are unhappy with bring your own gear due to players making full heroic oath teams/High sc to stomp overs instead of just making a group of friends. Have seen multiple people told no "your gear is to low"