[PS4/XB1] Maintenance is now complete!
Watch the En Masse Entertainment stream right here at 2pm PDT!

Disable Kicking in Battlegrounds!!

People are being elitist and not letting other players complete their events, even with plussed pvp gear on. Disable the kicking system so ALL players can enjoy the game. I spend a fair amount of money on the game, and am getting ready to walk away from this game for a second time. Go ahead and flame and troll. You'll be ignored.

Comments

• yeah easier to just run alts through the dungeon stuff than take mains through this crap for tokens.
  • I just turned off Elite. I'm done with this game for a second time. Oh well. Let it die in peace I suppose. Good luck to the remainers, may you trample the elitist scum beneath your feet.
  • Xhristzero wrote: »
    I just turned off Elite. I'm done with this game for a second time. Oh well. Let it die in peace I suppose. Good luck to the remainers, may you trample the elitist scum beneath your feet.

Yeah thinking of going back to FFXIV or find another game, community guild or no just the community in general is just toxic, pve or pvp. Take my $100 a month somewhere else.
  • Sorry to see you leave. I hope you reconsider. Not all elites are bad.
  • TrialMacameauTrialMacameau Does it matter ? cuz DDOSing is a crime punishable of Prison ✭✭
    DHY9D7PAHY wrote: »
    Sorry to see you leave. I hope you reconsider. Not all elites are bad.

I wouldn't say so... Most of them are so elitist they want to monopolize the content for their guildies and themselves
  • AluhAluh ✭✭
    If you disable kicking lots of trolls will join and do nothing, i dont do SH and i dont care about SH but on CS there are a lot of afk bots, and taking the ability to kick would kill cs.
  • XEP3TKEFNC wrote: »
    Xhristzero wrote: »
    I just turned off Elite. I'm done with this game for a second time. Oh well. Let it die in peace I suppose. Good luck to the remainers, may you trample the elitist scum beneath your feet.

Yeah thinking of going back to FFXIV or find another game, community guild or no just the community in general is just toxic, pve or pvp. Take my $100 a month somewhere else.

I just started the FFXiV free trial the other night... sadly, Tera's combat has spoiled me.
  • DHY9D7PAHY wrote: »
    Sorry to see you leave. I hope you reconsider. Not all elites are bad.

I haven't left yet, just considering it. The abuse as a new Tank in this game and seeing the abuse of others is just really bad. I would not recommend this game for new players who just want to play and enjoy the game.
  • ErazusErazus ✭✭
    You are the dude in full frostmetal doing Shorehold, you were being toxic in the raid chat during that game, no wonder you got kicked. You literally have no respect nor any sort of integrity and you demand that. Get out.
  • ic3dt3aic3dt3a
    edited May 23
    You guys are all bad. Your 15$ isn’t going to change anything. There have been very few times eme has reacted in the favor of the players and these consisted of long term players. These people have a basic understanding of the game and have DECENTLY geared characters/alts to not ruin the specific(in this case PvP) gameplay they are here for. Take your $15 and buy some ea dlc.

The solution would be to not have events include PvP bgs where ppl take it somewhat seriously, except for the Velika “for fun” gamers(yes it’s a call out).

Fraywind had equalized fear until you hit a certain ilvl, this should have come with shore from the start...

If you think eme has the ability to disable kicks, the easier solution would be to add an unranked version of the bg(which could also serve as a “training grounds”) But they don’t have the ability to make their own changes without getting approval.
  • kubitoidkubitoid ✭✭✭✭✭
    disable battlegrounds!!!
  • kubitoid wrote: »
    disable battlegrounds!!!

Yeah this
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    4DMCMYWLX4 wrote: »
    kubitoid wrote: »
    disable battlegrounds!!!

Yeah this

Just stick with PVE. Most of us are worthy irl and don't need to be elitist in a game to feel good about ourselves.

There are plenty of solutions to this; one being to force the pvpers to form their own groups ahead of time rather than allow matching. Another solution is only allow each player one kick per day.
  • ScarlaciaScarlacia ✭✭
    Or, and this might be crazy, People might actually care about winning this season and you showing up in your FM- HO gear is contributing LITERALLY nothing. TBCH I'd kick to and I don't even pvp anymore. This is like what the 16th-1000th ignorant comment of someone not understanding JUST LIKE PVE. YOU NEED TO HAVE SOME SENSE OF WHAT YOURE DOING AND PROPER GEAR. ITS NOT THE JOB OF YOUR TEAM TO BEND OVER BACKWARDS AND CARRY YOU. ITS YOUR JOB TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE TEAM AND DO YOUR BEST TO IN. THAT MEANS: PROPER SET UP, READING THE RULES OF THE GAME, AND TRYING TO ACTUALLY WIN INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING.
  • Since everyone wants to comment their two cents on the topic, I will as well. But before I start with kicking in BG's, I just want to make it known that although the pvp community is not as big as it was in the past, it's still active with at least one type of BG popping every day, whether it be CS, SH or 3's. This brings me to my point of PVP being an equal part of the game just like PVE is, although most of you don't see it. Many people are constantly queueing BG's every day because it's all they would prefer to do.

Now addressing the kicking issue that many of you are complaining about, because by the sound of it, most of you seem to be casual PVE players who just want to do the event. There are a few reasons why people get kicked, at least in SH. The primary reason in which we all know is because someone is in PVE gear. No matter what you think, regardless of if it's just for the event, do NOT think you will get away with queueing in PVE gear. When someone queues with PVE gear, it usually leads your team to believe you have no idea what you're doing, in which 99.9% of the time they're probably right about that. You will be one shot if you play in PVE gear which means that the only thing you're doing for your team is consistently dying and not actually contributing. So expect to be kicked.

The second reason is for having base PVP gear (Full +0) or anything below +6. It's appreciated that newer players are getting the PVP gear because it shows they're making an effort. However, base PVP gear is only slightly better than PVE gear and again, you will most likely be one shot. Anything below +6 makes it harder on the player and your team, because anything below that and you just take way too much damage. There's an exception to this though in that active PVP players who know their class well and the BG itself, can queue with +3 gear or higher and will be fine, because even though they won't be too useful in team fights, they will often play objectives in which they contribute a lot to the team. Now if you're not a PVP person and don't have that much experience, it's noticed. People don't mind you queueing as long as you have that +6 set so that you can manage yourself better in SH. Also with that, if you're not experienced but have the gear, don't try to fight other players if you don't know what you're doing. Play smart and cap, that way you're contributing more to your team.

There are toxic people in the PVP community that may kick you just because they feel like it or because they've never seen your name before, but not everyone is "elitist" and will do that. There are a lot of good players out there who give you the benefit of the doubt and will give you a couple of chances. Just come with the right gear and be useful to your team. If you're one of those people who actually want to get into PVP and would like to fully progress to SH after this event is over, start with queueing CS a few times a day. Get the gear and the mats from the boxes that will allow you to enchant your gear up to +6. That alone isn't hard to do at all, but learning your class to a certain degree is. Put the effort in and ask people who play your class in PVP for help. There are good people out there who will take the time to show you.

I didn't mention about people being kicked in CS because for the most part, people don't usually care what happens because you can't really control anything. People are either going to listen or not listen regardless of if someone was kicked or not. That and most PVP players usually queue with friends to make it more enjoyable. But primarily, it's a learning ground for new players who want to PVP in which I don't see much of an issue with this BG.

As a PVP main that's active in the PVP community, I hate to hear when people consistently complain or cry about being kicked instead of understanding the reasons behind it. I also hate being generalized under a "toxic elitist" because I'm certainly not. I do have toxic moments but I'm usually an easy going, nice person and I don't mind helping people at all. Just know beforehand when going into a BG that just like how people care about their dungeons, PVP players care about their Battlegrounds.