A bit of a Problem

It's really hard making gold in this game. Back then I could easily make 40-90k a day. And the enchantment cost is really bankrupting me. 5k an attempt on frostmetal hurts, especially on more than one character. I don't how people make money :(

Comments

• edited May 23
    > @6ANA33FAM4 said:
    > It's really hard making gold in this game. Back then I could easily make 40-90k a day. And the enchantment cost is really bankrupting me. 5k an attempt on frostmetal hurts, especially on more than one character. I don't how people make money :(

Its not that hard to make gold in the game tbh. crafting is another way to make gold in this game or if you're lucky enough for a diamond to drop and rolled for it, thats instant 10k at the merchant , sell emp , grind your vanguard dungeons, etc i have 1 character in full stormcry and that gear hurts more with upgrade than Frostmetal.
  • ExipheusExipheus Kazura (XB1 NA Lakan ) mod
    6ANA33FAM4 wrote: »
    It's really hard making gold in this game. Back then I could easily make 40-90k a day. And the enchantment cost is really bankrupting me. 5k an attempt on frostmetal hurts, especially on more than one character. I don't how people make money :(

The new system isn't meant for gearing alts. Ideally, you should be focusing one to at least Stormcry first and working on maybe 1 or two others so you don't stretch yourself thin. Do Ghilliedglade, do all 40 Guardian League missions, run dungeons, learn to craft something needed for enchanting and sell the materials you craft. You may have to sell things you need to make gold, but you'll never be able to use those things anyways if you don't have the gold. If you get 30 rubies and 10 sapphires from your Guardian League missions, sell half of them. Gotta give a little to get a little.
  • I've had full Stormcry for awhile. I used to master craft but now with the merge and people constantly undercutting each other on Everything! It's becoming very hard. I would be okay with Guardian Missions but we only get 1 rude/sapphire. Meanwhile the PC version gets a lot of rubies/sapphires per box. I'm just frustrated right now
    6ANA33FAM4 wrote: »
    I've had full Stormcry for awhile. I used to master craft but now with the merge and people constantly undercutting each other on Everything! It's becoming very hard. I would be okay with Guardian Missions but we only get 1 rude/sapphire. Meanwhile the PC version gets a lot of rubies/sapphires per box. I'm just frustrated right now

That's understandable. When I was in the same situation, I took a little break from gearing up and did what I could to make gold. If you want to make gold as fast as possible, your best bet would be to slow or stop gearing up until you feel you've made the desired gold.
  • It's not that hard to make gold when you play as if it is your second job or already have enough gold to play broker. But when you're a working person and play no more than 2-3 hours a day, then you're broke unless you sell EMP. Extra vanguard reward events help a bit, but there none right now. What really discourages is that you don't feel any sense of progress in game or it is extremely slow.
  • It is quite a questionable decision to make a different economy on console Tera. In case you all don't know, the gear enchanting prices are insanely high in comparison with pc Tera (you can look for costs on essentialmana) while mission rewards (both vanguard and guardian) are cut by half, so many people have gold issues like OP. Seems like EME wanted people to spend more time farming to enchant their gear therefore spend more time in game, but instead people get burnt out by the endless grind and leave the game so we have only 1 server left for each platform/region now.
    It's not that hard to make gold when you play as if it is your second job or already have enough gold to play broker. But when you're a working person and play no more than 2-3 hours a day, then you're broke unless you sell EMP. Extra vanguard reward events help a bit, but there none right now. What really discourages is that you don't feel any sense of progress in game or it is extremely slow.

I mean, I get maybe 1-2 hours a day to play as well. The methods I gave, work for all players. Obviously it'll work better if you have more time, but it still works.
    It is quite a questionable decision to make a different economy on console Tera. In case you all don't know, the gear enchanting prices are insanely high in comparison with pc Tera (you can look for costs on essentialmana) while mission rewards (both vanguard and guardian) are cut by half, so many people have gold issues like OP. Seems like EME wanted people to spend more time farming to enchant their gear therefore spend more time in game, but instead people get burnt out by the endless grind and leave the game so we have only 1 server left for each platform/region now.

They made it easier to get materials, but harder to get gold which is why you gotta sacrifice some tradable materials to afford costs. We've already asked for permanently increased gold rewards, but haven't heard back on it yet.