Fishing is true end game?

Comments

• Also, you're not afk so you'll be able to catch BAF without fail.
  • ban the cheaters
  • Should've ban them long time ago.
  • gheneaghenea ✭✭
    ghenea wrote: »
    not justifying them, but honestly its like sentencing people to death penality for stealing an apple, that is what you are asking for there.

I was waiting for someone to actually come and defend the botters, I guess you're it. I suppose someone who steals a candy bar shouldn't be sentenced to a maximum security prison. Because it's not like stealing is stealing, whether or not it's small potatoes like a candy bar or a big deal like a ponzi scheme.

i legit said i am not defending em, but i can understand them, while i do not understand your (yours in general) reasons for being so conceived when there are way worse problems *and* hacks that actually ruin playing experience for everyone.
    stealing is stealing, but are you one of those "awesome" people thinking that stealing a candy should be punished just like you would punish someone committing heavy fraud? and while you insist on picking on the easiest fight to win against poor ppl stealing apples, you let the big guys up there do as they please while letting your game fall into dirt. gg.

actually here we aint even talking about something that can be compared to stealing, as noone is losing anything from their existence, so the comparison is wrong under that point of view: noone loses anything from ppl getting that infinitely small exp from hours afk - not you, not me, not the ops, not even devs.
    yeah, cheating is wrong, but punishing one by one and making the playerbase even smaller aint gonna fix a thing, that i can tell for sure: true botters will just make other accounts to keep farming, so it wont affect them at all, while "legit" players who just wanted to round up some exp will just leave without even bothering sending a ticket, and for what? so that you can push your unshakable ethical values on a game?

i know this kind of opinion may be unpopular but i uh, honestly dont care, i just answer to my own conscience and that conscience tells me the problem is deeper than those poor idiots you see botting for a few exp.
    i opened a topic time ago about a certain hack that allowed ppl to see field boss hp, so if you want to use the argument that "you just are pro-hackers" then my friend you are very wrong on there: that was an hack that, despite being nearby impossible to detect, heavily affected everyone playing experience as it gave players using it a huge unfair advantage, but even that topic got flooded by people complaining about fish botters because that is the only thing they can see and pick a fight against - definitely easier, uh? but totally useless, i tell you.
    people out there are legit partecipating in a bike race with a lamborgini but you (you in general) dont even notice it and instead go around using the iron fist with small cheats not affecting your game at all lol
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    AMFKKM74E7 wrote: »
    Fishing has ruined Tera Online. There are so many scripters using the fishing scripts and they are not being punished for it. The script dismantles the fish you catch, makes your bait and also sell them to the merchant. How is this not broken? Just because everyone is doing it doesn't mean its right.

The game done dead all who playing still just waiting for something new to come out so just do as your please since they don't want to deal with all hackers just enjoy the game, makes no sense reporting anything right now, it goes on deaf ears.
  • ghenea wrote: »
    ghenea wrote: »
    not justifying them, but honestly its like sentencing people to death penality for stealing an apple, that is what you are asking for there.

I was waiting for someone to actually come and defend the botters, I guess you're it. I suppose someone who steals a candy bar shouldn't be sentenced to a maximum security prison. Because it's not like stealing is stealing, whether or not it's small potatoes like a candy bar or a big deal like a ponzi scheme.
    i opened a topic time ago about a certain hack that allowed ppl to see field boss hp,

So the only thing I got was that you had opened a thread complaining about exploits that EmE has no power to fix, that would be on Krafton Bluehole . But your thread got flooded with people complaining about fishing bots which EmE does have the power to do something about.

But so that your bigger problem is not forgotten, you then brought your issues up in a thread that is about fishing bots, in so doing trying to belittle this issue as it is not big enough of a problem in your eyes. Um… what?!!

• PXJFKYMAEHPXJFKYMAEH ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    You have to understand the reason people are fish "botting" though. They want to gain exp to lvl up, and it is incredibly difficult and EXTREMELY boring to do so the way Tera is currently set up. If you want the fishing problem to stop, then its IMPERATIVE for Tera to add much more exp gains from dungeons. This game is literally all about running dungeons (or even battlegrounds). Yet, the only way to gain exp is to do boring [filtered] dailies or grind boring [filtered] mobs for an hour (and get 4% or less depending on your level)? And in comes fishing. Something you can do while you're afk -- maybe youre sleeping, maybe youre working, maybe you just dont feel like playing Tera at that moment. But you get EXP for doing it and you don't have to be bored shitless for hours on end. Fishing didnt ruin anything; whoever the decided adding lvl 70 but giving us boring, [filtered] poor options for gaining exp to get there is the one who ruined the game.

And just like someone else said, I'm not saying anything for or against fishing. I'm only telling you why it's happening. People wouldn't need to do it if EME just gave decent exp for completing vanguards.
  • andersonepkandersonepk ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    anyone defending it, is using... the real true is it.
    If EME resolve to BAM all afk botfishers, she would lose how many playeres....

i would say.... around 200.... who knows
  • anyone defending it, is using... the real true is it.
    If EME resolve to BAM all afk botfishers, she would lose how many playeres....

i would say.... around 200.... who knows

alot more than 200...
  • PXJFKYMAEH wrote: »
    You have to understand the reason people are fish "botting" though. They want to gain exp to lvl up, and it is incredibly difficult and EXTREMELY boring to do so the way Tera is currently set up. If you want the fishing problem to stop, then its IMPERATIVE for Tera to add much more exp gains from dungeons. This game is literally all about running dungeons (or even battlegrounds). Yet, the only way to gain exp is to do boring [filtered] dailies or grind boring [filtered] mobs for an hour (and get 4% or less depending on your level)? And in comes fishing. Something you can do while you're afk -- maybe youre sleeping, maybe youre working, maybe you just dont feel like playing Tera at that moment. But you get EXP for doing it and you don't have to be bored shitless for hours on end. Fishing didnt ruin anything; whoever the decided adding lvl 70 but giving us boring, [filtered] poor options for gaining exp to get there is the one who ruined the game.

And just like someone else said, I'm not saying anything for or against fishing. I'm only telling you why it's happening. People wouldn't need to do it if EME just gave decent exp for completing vanguards.

Why are so many level 70s continuing to fish then? Oh its because fishing also gives skill advancement exp. I honestly don't care about the leveling. It's the skill advancement exp.
  • gheneaghenea ✭✭
    skill adv exp you get from fishing is not even worth noticing.
    you can run gv once and get as much adv exp than what you would by fishing 2 days.

that said...
    anyone defending it, is using... the real true is it.

by that logic, anyone trying to spare a dude who stole an apple from an unfair death penality, has stolen apples before too.
    makes no sense, but w/e.
    So the only thing I got (...)

too bad, you may want to read again then.
  • Well, if the following is true:
    The in-game option catches 1 fish every 3 minutes as opposed to a person using a fishing script which catches 2 fish every minute. With the script you can catch up to 1500-2500 fish a day since it dismantles the fish and makes the bait for you.

and a mid-tier fish nets around 1.5m xp (I think that's what I get for an uncommon fish at lvl 65... I have yet to catch a rare one afk or not) and that's not counting however many BAFs they catch at around 3m xp each. I don't know that I'd call that an "infinitely small" amount of xp. It definitely gives the fishbotters an unfair leveling advantage.

Since the crafted bait comes with a limit of 60 in your bags at one time, my guess is that while the devs intended for fishing to be done while afk, they also intended to keep the amount of gold, xp and skill xp gain per session controlled.
  • gheneaghenea ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    i dont know what you mean by "mid-tier" rod but with tier V is 1m for fish avg (not counting exp bonuses) and 2m for a baf, but in a whole session you may catch at best 4-5 bams assuming you are lucky.
    and math aint an opinion, the final result is like, between 100 and 120m at best per hr with tier V rod, max tier bait, whiskers, and assuming you get lucky; now, unless they modify the script manually to fish at higher, unnatural speed, thats the same you would get by non-stop manual fishing assuming you dont suck at it ofc, nothing more nothing less.

now compare that to the 15-20m exp you are supposed to get in a single minute of bam hunting, assuming an avg skilled/geared player.
    you almost get 1b exp from bam hunting in 1hr, not counting all the mats you may possibly get... 120m compared to that is crumbles.
    and ofc that doesnt include exp bonuses.
  • KrystalineKrystaline ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    When I actually sit at the keyboard, pop a fish salad and reel the fish in manually while watching tv, I can easily end up with 8 - 10 BAFs in that 30 minutes. If someone is using a script that catches 2 fish per minute and runs all day, and that script doesn't fail on BAFs, that's going to be a lot more than 4 - 5 that day. I've never used it so I have no idea if it's got a time limit on it or has to be reset regularly or whatever. My math was based on the "1500-2500 fish a day" that AMFKKM74E7 mentioned.

By "mid-tier" I meant the grade of fish - common, uncommon, rare, superior. I fish with a fairy wing rod (or whatever it's called) that I just enchanted to III this morning.

Also, 60 fish (which is the max you can catch using crafted bait and no bot assistance) earns me around 90 - 100m xp, depending on the level of fish caught. Your estimate of 100 - 120m at best using a mod, top tier everything and whiskers is ridiculously low, otherwise WHY even bot when you can achieve almost the same thing afk fishing "honestly."
  • MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭
    How is this not broken? Just because everyone is doing it doesn't mean its right.

And I think that is the problem, too many are doing it. At any hour of the day, all you have to do is cycle through the various channels at the fishing spots and you'll find several fishing bots. Not all of them are gimply geared, I saw a level 70 with 460 ilvl botting. Someone like that has likely bought a lot of EMP in the past to get to that point. I don't expect EME to cut off a body part to spite themselves, not if some of these people are keeping their lights turned on.

I would never adopt 'if you can't beat em join em' shtick, because wrong is wrong.

How do you even know they were botting. Do you know, the number of times idiots have accused me of botting only for me to screenshot what I've been doing and prove I wasn't? Just because someone has better bait, better poles, and are catching better fish does not mean they are afk botting. I know plenty of people who afk fish that aren't breaking any ethical rules as there is build in afk fishing. I tend to check back once an hour Dismantle, craft and go back to fishing and clueless people insist it's cheating.

and at @AMFKKM74E7 Not. True. The in game option catches 1 fish every 3 minutes if you are AFK, however if you are active and fishing you can *Gasp* Ethically catch two fish every minute, I've been there I've done than and I have no desire to use the script. Just because someone is better than you does not instantly =cheating.
This discussion has been closed.