[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Does TERA Still Do Crafting?

I am big into crafting, so I collected lots of crafting materials and stored them in my Bank. I came back after a break, and now I see that those crafting materials are no longer usable in the game and that I should sell them.
Did TERA abandon crafting? I am new and just started into crafting before I took a break. I hope that I can still craft.
If TERA still has crafting, then why are all those crafting materials I collected and stored no longer usable? Did they change the recipes or what?
Why are all those crafting materials no longer usable in the game, unless TERA abandoned crafting?

Best Answers

• RenniBeeRenniBee ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    TERA didn't abandon it, it actually revamped it. The old gathered items are indeed obsolete now and have to be sold to merchants for gold but I believe most if not all of them have a new "version" of the item that is gatherable in game.
    If you search online there are some guides floating around of where the different nodes are that provide specific types of materials. For example uhh in Khanovar District, obdisian essence, galbourne ore, and umm I forget the essence. Frontera has apples, pumpkins, and I believe shadmetal ore. IoD has earth essence, crimson essence, norsteel ore, stuff like that.
    Also each one of the crafting types has been renamed and cooking has been added. PP system also changed to make more pp while logged in and also you get some while logged out as well at a slower rate. Regardless its MUCH easier to obtain. Consummables to give pp more still work though don't worry, even the old elinu's tears.
  • RenniBeeRenniBee ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    No problem, glad I could help. PP is production points that are spent while gathering items and crafting items.

Answers

• RanseRanse ✭✭
    Thank you for your excellent reply. I guess I will just have to harvest more materials, but at least I got some good gold out of it.
    Btw, I am almost entirely new to TERA. What do you mean by the "PP system"? I tried googling it -- you mean "power points"? I have not seen that in TERA yet.
  • RanseRanse ✭✭
    As a footnote, I got 4,810 gold out of the stuff I collected for crafting and can no longer use. That's a good amount for a Newbie to have, I think.
  • RanseRanse ✭✭
    Thanks, again.
  • Just came back to the game after 3 years, to find out that ALL my stored crafting materials are now junk.
    That is a LOT of RL time wasted, if TERA devs had wanted to be fair, they should have replaced the old mats with equivalent ones in the new system.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fafhred wrote: »
    Just came back to the game after 3 years, to find out that ALL my stored crafting materials are now junk.
    That is a LOT of RL time wasted, if TERA devs had wanted to be fair, they should have replaced the old mats with equivalent ones in the new system.

you cant use anymore your potions you crafted years ago and firecamp and charm are useless :lol: